“Now your a Sicilian!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have eaten here on 3 occasions, twice with my wife and once as a group. Every time we have enjoyed a delicious meal and I have had no reason not to recommend it. It is a medium to small restaurant , probably seats around 40+. Has a very 1960's Italianate feel.
Very warm and cosy feeling to the place. Good for a romantic meal or with friends. Not good for children I would imagine.

The waiters and staff have always been friendly.
The first two times it was full house, last week was much quieter but I noticed 3 new restaurants opened within 100 metres so I guess there is new competition around.
I have noticed the food is often on the salty side, but I like that. If you are concerned just mention to take it easy on the salt. I don't think it is a mistake, I am more inclined to think it is a reflection on the style.
Price was middle of the range, I would recommend it. Become a part of the Sicilian life :)

2  Thank Globalcrtique

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Great spot to pop in for a relaxing and interesting breakfast. Right on the main street so a lot of street activity to keep you amused if you are dining alone. Food excellent - staff very professional and efficient - quick turn around. Would recommend.

1  Thank Kiwi-child
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We were visiting Melbourne for the Food and Wine Festival and discovered this treasure one evening for dinner. The Parmigiana di Melanzane was superb - equally as good as mine and just as good as eating in Italy! Three of us went back for a repeat performance for lunch a few days later. We added pasta to the menu this time and weren't disappointed. The staff were knowledgable, helpful and attentive. The atmosphere was of a traditional Italian dining room! I will certainly be back next time I am in Melbourne!
I don't have a website, but the address is: 115 Greville St, Prahran 3181, Vic.

2  Thank Takapuna
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Authentic, honest, affordable, delicious Italian food

2  Thank Schalk Willem v
Reviewed 4 January 2011

A quiet lunch and coffee break. Enjoyed the lovely risotto, very good coffee and great service. After feeling frazzled by the bustle of Chapel St, this was a wonderful spot for lunch and to re-group before heading back to the hotel. I was with my four month old, but it would make a perfect spot for a romantic meeting, or lunch with the girls! Will definitely go back.

1  Thank MrsC32