Normally stay in the CBD and found this funky hotel a refreshing change. Artwork is great and rooms are spacious and comfortable with everything you need. Breakfast in the terrace was delicious. Unfortunately upon checkout I was slugged with a 3.5% surcharge for using my Amex card. Why do some hotels try to suck a few extra bucks out of you at the risk of losing a customer. The short sighted person who implemented this has obviously got no idea how to run a business and retain customers. This hotel is profiteering from this charge and should not get away with it. Unfortunately it totally ruined what was otherwise a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Prahran, Melbourne, The Cullen is inspired by Adam Cullen. Daring and unique, The Cullen features lashings of original artwork and prints by Australia’s most exciting contemporary artist, Adam Cullen.Sleep soundly in your Art Series Signature bed, then block out the morning or wake up to natural light and vibrant energy of Cullen works. Prepare breakfast using in room kitchenette facilities, spectacular views of Melbourne CBD, underground parking, state of the art gymnasium and two exciting restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Art Series - The Cullen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Cullen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Cullen Greater Melbourne/Prahran, Australia