I stayed in the Cullen for a couple of nights for a friends Birthday. I was happily surprised when I entered the hotel to see quite unexpected decor. It's very modern and quirky which was very refreshing. The rooms look fabulous and I think that bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!
The room had a large balcony, which saw city lights in the distance. The location is great if you're interested in shopping along the trendy Chapel Street area of Melbourne. Or if you are interested in going into the heart of the city, there is plenty of public transport in the area also.
I'd also like to note that the restaurant below the hotel (can't think what it is called now!), has fantastic food and I have actually gone back to eat there on occasions when I haven't been staying at the Cullen.
Definitely recommend this hotel if you can afford it - a little pricy - but for sure worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Prahran, Melbourne, The Cullen is inspired by Adam Cullen. Daring and unique, The Cullen features lashings of original artwork and prints by Australia’s most exciting contemporary artist, Adam Cullen.Sleep soundly in your Art Series Signature bed, then block out the morning or wake up to natural light and vibrant energy of Cullen works. Prepare breakfast using in room kitchenette facilities, spectacular views of Melbourne CBD, underground parking, state of the art gymnasium and two exciting restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Art Series - The Cullen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Cullen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Cullen Greater Melbourne/Prahran, Australia