“Amazing”

Art Series - The Cullen
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prahran
Reviewed 29 October 2013

After reading a couple of reviews I was a bit anxious about staying at the cullen - but it was exceptional! We stayed in a junior penthouse and the room was spacious and open with a HUGE balcony (and BBQ!) The reception staff at check in were welcoming and ensured that we knew the area well (and if we didn't, they were going to give up maps of the area so we could get around easy).

We had an issue with being overcharged from the mini bar, but the reception staff who we called cleared this straight away for us and refunded the money back into my back account fast and easy.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Fabulous accommodation great location. Close to trains and trams and fantastic restaurants. Definitely going back again nexy year. The staff are friendly and most helpful, can't speak highly enough of the exceptional quality and service. Outrageous and quirky artwork throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Had a great stay, couldn't fault the place, friendly staff and great rooms, not to mention the cool art everywhere you looked. The beds are so comfy and the place so relaxed. Loved getting up early and walking the markets just accross the road and grabing that morning coffee. We will be back for sure

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Greeted by friendly staff, upgraded on arrival.our room was beautiful,loved being surrounded in cool art & funky furniture!even had magazines & large collection of art books.The bed was so comfortable!Great location,Prahan markets so close,& Chapel st only a short walk.you can catch a tram, just out the front door.Totally loved this place,highly recommended!!!Treat yourself, you won't be dissapointed :)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Love this hotel! Contemporary, had a cool and edgy vibe and felt extremely comfortable. Service was excellent, rooms were large with high quality furnishings, bedding and toiletries. Perfect for a weekend away if your purpose is to explore Melbourne's coffee, galleries and fashion - your stay at the Cullen will definitely add to the atmosphere. It's a bit out from the CBD though.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Absolutely loved staying at The Cullen..I have wanted to for ages and definitely not let down, the location is brilliant everything at your doorstop, great restaurants/cafes, shopping and best of all close to where my daughter lives!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 517 which I shared with my friend so 2 massive beds and bathroom in the middle and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was my 6th or 7th stay at The Cullen, I love staying here, it's a trendy hotel, in a great location with fantastic rooms, brilliant art work and friendly staff. I booked my room at the last minute; unfortunately the room I usually book was not available, so I booked a cheaper room. Upon entering the room, I was pleasantly surprised to find we had been upgraded to the room which I usually book. For this I am very appreciative. I normally don't have any negatives to say about The Cullen but this time around I do....The room was really grubby. I am a little OCD when it comes to cleanliness, and that is why up to now I have continued to stay at The Cullen, the rooms are always very, very clean. I won't go into details, but let’s say most guests would've noticed the things that weren't up to standard hotel cleanliness. I won't let it deter me from staying again; hopefully this was a one off.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prahran
Art Series - The Blackman
Chinatown
Ovolo Laneways
Ovolo Laneways
#13 of 161 in Melbourne

Been to Art Series - The Cullen? Share your experiences!