First the good: The staff were nice, the rooms are comfortable, the restaurant downstairs was great (the best burger i have had in a long time, and nice coffee every morning). They also have a laundry on every floor for $2, which was useful cause i didn't pack enough gym clothes.
AND the BAD: I just had a standard room, as i was there for work i didn't want to pay for the upgrade, and the standard rooms are small. Also have a look at the artwork by Adam Cullen first, because if you don't want to look at diseased horses all day and night, then don't stay here, because that image is everywhere. What i found most unpleasant was the perfume that was suffused through the hotel, the strongest in the lobby and lift but penetrated the room such that all my clothes in my suitcase when i got home had this perfumed taint to them. It was one of those "On trend" perfumes that you can't ignore, like sleeping in an Abercrombie and Fitch store. Also the "State of art gym" is like 4 pieces of equipment.
What was also good is if you sign up to the "art series" club, on the website, you get cheaper rates, half price internet and 20% off the restaurant if you dine in, so definitely worth doing, if you can stand the art of Adam Cullen and unpleasant perfumes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Prahran, Melbourne, The Cullen is inspired by Adam Cullen. Daring and unique, The Cullen features lashings of original artwork and prints by Australia’s most exciting contemporary artist, Adam Cullen.Sleep soundly in your Art Series Signature bed, then block out the morning or wake up to natural light and vibrant energy of Cullen works. Prepare breakfast using in room kitchenette facilities, spectacular views of Melbourne CBD, underground parking, state of the art gymnasium and two exciting restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Art Series - The Cullen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Cullen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Cullen Greater Melbourne/Prahran, Australia