The hotel itself is very modern and the rooms are clean, contemporary and stylish.
On arrival at 10pm on a Saturday night all the way from the UK we were given room keys to our bedrooms, (we had booked the rooms months in advance). When we had eventually brought our own luggage up to the rooms (7 large suitcases as we travelled as a group of 3 adults and 4 children), we dicovered that one of the rooms was only 2 single beds instaed of 2 doubles. The receptionist then told us that the room we had ordederd had been given to someone else and that they would put a 'complimentary' roll away bed into the room and see what she could do tomorrow!! Not a great start!
The next day we waited to be informed of new arrangements but heard nothing so my husband went down to reception to find out what was going to happen. We were then told that we would be on different floors of the hotel unless we were all prepared to move (we had unpacked at this stage!)
To summarise the service that we received from the staff was poor and thier attitude was as if we were in the wrong. One young man did apologise for the inconvenience and after asking we were given free wifi for the week to recompense although at check out we were asked to pay for it!
This was our first time in Australia and we travelled with 4 children, at no time did any of the staff acknowledge or try and speak to the children. On this trip we stayed in 6 different locations all around the world and this was the only hotel where I would say that I would not stay again and felt utterly disappointed with after reading such 'rave' reviews on trip advisor.
Nb: Parking $20.00 per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Prahran, Melbourne, The Cullen is inspired by Adam Cullen. Daring and unique, The Cullen features lashings of original artwork and prints by Australia’s most exciting contemporary artist, Adam Cullen.Sleep soundly in your Art Series Signature bed, then block out the morning or wake up to natural light and vibrant energy of Cullen works. Prepare breakfast using in room kitchenette facilities, spectacular views of Melbourne CBD, underground parking, state of the art gymnasium and two exciting restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Art Series - The Cullen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Cullen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Cullen Greater Melbourne/Prahran, Australia