“Viva Brazil”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Viva Brazil”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent. Service 1st class thoroughly enjoyed. Food delicious and varied Very good value. Good parking.

3 Thank Frances L

Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, good entertainment what else do you need !!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I drove past this restaurant a few weeks ago and used Tripadvisor for their reviews. They were slightly mixed, but decided to take the plunge and invited another meat eater couple to join us.

When we arrived we were greeted by 2 wonderful maitre d's. The restaurant is divided in 2 - the left side is made up of high tables with bar stools and the right - banket style seating. As we have passed the magic age of 50, I did ask if we could sit at a "normal" table. We were given the best seat in the house. Right in front of the BBQ area and also where the entertainers performed.

We all ordered the rodizio for $56 (sat night), and was duly surprised. The meats & chicken came around very often and was extremely tasty. The sides were wonderful - I am lactose intolerant and was only excluded from 2 sides - the garlic mash pototatoes and breadcrumbed bananas (which I was assured were fantastic). The mushrooms are a must have. By the way, they do also have an ala carte menu which looked tempting as well. The waiters/waitresses where extremely attentive and helpful.

At 7.30pm and 9.30pm we were entertained by 3 gorgeous ladies and 2 drummers. They danced their way around the whole restaurant and pulled some guests up too. At the 9.30pm presentation diners where included in the Limbo and Conga lines.

All in all what a fabulous night. I would highly recommend it. The food was great and so was the entertainment. Don't worry about the soccer - this make up for it. VIVA Brazil !!!

4 Thank Robyn T
“Mmmm...meat!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Visited with my kids and some girl friends on Saturday at lunch time for the Rodizio ($29.50 all you can eat). I'd been to Viva Brazil once before and wanted to share the experience with my friends. Service was pretty slow with only 1 staff member bringing around the meat and 1 staff member serving drinks/food. We were told rather rudely that we couldn't start eating the meat until we received our side dishes so we had to wait awhile with 2 hungry kids The staff member serving drinks/food accidentally spilled a glass of water which went all over my friends. He cleaned it up but didn't actually apologise, only saying "my bad".

Apart from the service, the food was lovely. It really is a meat fest so if you love meat, this is the place for you! The sirloin and the lamb were my favourites, so much delicious flavour! The side dishes are also very nice. We love the sweet potato, mushrooms and the bread crumbed fried banana. Don't go without trying the cinnamon pineapple which is undoubtedly my favourite item on the menu.

The downside is that parking is a bit of a pain around Prahran, mostly a 1 hour limit. I also didn't check the bill properly and realised later that they charged my child full price. With small improvements to the customer service I would have given this 5 stars. We will definitely be back again for the food!

2 Thank JYML18
Richmond, Australia
“Delicious meat-o-rama!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went yesterday (Saturday) for the all in rodizio. $29.50 for a selection of sides and a parade of meat skewers from the kitchen. Highlights were sauted sweet potato, garlic mash, garlic mushrooms, fried spiced cassava, tasty little chicken wings, smoked spiced ham and cap of the rump. Roasted pineapple with cinnamon to finish was fantastic. We ordered a juice called caju I think - found it rounded out the caparinhas nicely.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Dom L
“Not quite Brazilian as expected”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Went on Saturday night. I have been to Brazilian restaurants overseas, this place is not quite authentic Brazilian. The banquet didn't have all the items listed on the menu which is a no-no, it is after all a Saturday night which supposed to be the busiest time for them. Meat was ok but not more than that unfortunately. Some choices were quite lacking in flavour and others were over cooked. The side dishes were very ordinary, suited an "all you can eat" eatery rather than a restaurant. Only one option for fresh salad which consisted of sliced cucumber, tomatoes and some cut lettuce on a plate!

Having been to some fantastic Brazilian places before, this one is quite a disappointment.
The place needs an overhaul in the menu department otherwise they will not survive I'm afraid.

The dancers were great, however, the place is really lacking in atmosphere.
This was our first and I'm afraid last time there.

• Visited May 2014