“Just like staying with friends!”
Review of London Motor Inn

London Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stawell
Batesford, Victoria, Australia
“Just like staying with friends!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stay there when working in the area. I have found the rooms neat and clean. Prices are excellent and for a small cost they make me a home cooked dinner each night. I couldn't ask for more. It really is like staying with friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashley P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed for a week for work due to TA recommendations, as Horsham accommodation was booked out. The rooms were clean and comfortable what really made the stay worth it was the hosts as mentioned in the other reviews. They went out of there way to make the stay enjoyable from bringing coffee to the room on check in to having a great laugh, they made a hard week enjoyable. The food was great country type fare with a glass of wine or a soft drink of your choice as long as its Solo! The cooked breakfast hit the spot as well and the deserts were spectacular. I stayed in one of the front rooms and the noise was not noticeable. I recommend this hotel on the incredible value and the hosts ability to make you feel at home. I wish some of the bigger hotel chains could visit and learn a few things on customer service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank M0WerMaN
Darwin
Reviewed 8 March 2012

When you consider the tariffs...I had options here at $60-$70 per night...you'd think this place could be a disaster at those rates...but you'd be wrong! It's great value!
I found the owners attentative and the rooms spottlessly clean and comfortable.
There is a lot of competition for your business in this part of the world...I must of seen at least 7-8 hotels along this short stretch of highway...but I don't think I've EVER paid $70 and got a three course cooked breakfast included. Then they bring out your choice of fresh tea or coffee...and "here's today's newspaper".
It's a very relaxed and homely atmosphere.
My room had a queen bed and a another single beside that...a box tv with remotes...small hanging space for clothes, adjoining ensuite bathroom completes the setting.
The place was probably built in the 1960's...and looks like it was refurbished in the 1980's...it's dated but clean and comfortable. The beds are quite new and linen good quality. Like all the hotels along the Western Hwy...the traffic noise is a bit of an issue. If you need & request a "quieter room" I've got no-doubt your hosts will accommodate you. My room had a some electric device running all night behind it...I needed to close the ensuite door to reduce the sound.
Finding a meal in Stawell after hours isn't easy...these guys can provide you with dinner but you'll need to let them know in advance.
A comfy bed & hot breakfast...It's great value at $70!
A Pass!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Puregolg
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The owners are very welcoming and make sure that you have everything you need to make your stay a happy one. My room was large and recently refurbished with two beds (a queen size and a single) and new bedspreads. The towels were to die for - big and fluffy! If all that wasn't enough the home cooked evening meals were fantastic - a large serve of meat and vege's and a different meal every night. My dinner (for a very, very reasonable price) included a drink, main course and sweets. I didn't have the cooked breakfast another guest recommended it. The motel is just out of town near the Halls Gap, Stawell junction and on the road between Ararat and Horsham - so it is ideally suited any trip to the area. If you wanted something that wasn't already in your room, you only had to ask. And the home cooked biscuits that appeared in my room after a long day at work made me feel really special. Take my advice - don't miss out on this great stay. I have another trip coming up and wouldn't book anywhere else.

Room Tip: The motel is on the highway so rooms towards the back would offer a quieter stay - but the traffic d...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very friendly owners, best value for money we had all week. Great breakfast with good coffee included in the price. Few little remarks, rooms at the back might be less noisy than those at the front which are close to the road and the sink needed a good clean. Overall recommended.

• Stayed February 2012
Camperdown, Victoria
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed overnight and was greeted with cheese, olives, crackers and a fresh pot of brewed tea. Room was lovely and clean, smelt fresh and was very comfortable. Incredible towels, plenty of hot water and breakfast was just delightful. Left with a bag of beautiful grapes courtesy of our hosts. I would have to say our hosts were two of the friendliest people I could wish to meet and made our stay an absolute pleasure. I would highly recommend the London to anyone travelling to or through the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2012

A family group of 14 adults and a few littlies invaded for the night and the hosts could not have gone to any more trouble for us than if we had been their own family. We all arrived at different times, including some VERY late and arrangements were made for extra bedding in the family rooms for extra children. Tea and coffee and treats for the littlies were provided. Everything was clean and comfortable and the hosts were so so helpful and friendly. Unfortunately we had a very early start so did not get to taste the breakfast, but I would highly recommend the London Motor Inn.

Room Tip: Our group had single, double, twin and family rooms. They were all clean and confortable. Plenty of...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lorraine E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stawell
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge
Motel Stawell
#3 of 6 in Stawell
The Grampians Motel & The Views Restaurant
Diamond House Heritage Restaurant and Motor Inn

Been to London Motor Inn? Share your experiences!