“Regrettful stay.”

London Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stawell
“Regrettful stay.”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I wished I hadn't of picked this place to stay at whilst staying up in stawell. It was my first time in the area so I just randomly picked one. The room was cold and the staff I found to be not as friendly as I would have liked. My bed was so uncomfortable. The motel is positioned right on the western hi-way and there is no way you can sleep due to the constant traffic traveling past. Although it was very cheap, I'd rather pay more for better quality motel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Maddison H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

What a great stay...Graham and his wife are such lovely hosts. I booked this place based on the reviews here and I didnt regret a thing.
For $69 I got a good sized room with a double n a single bed and a cooked breakfast. And the inn provides a cooked dinner for about $15 which includes a glass of wine, main and dessert.
The rooms were clean and spacious.
The only thing is that its close to the main road but it's not excessively noisy unless you're a light sleeper.
Like I said, if only more accommodation places were as good as this.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Shee80
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Hmmm.... Tempted to give them 5 stars

The service and value is what stands out here. We paid just $80 for a night here (book directly with them and save $5). We arrived late, so they had the light on in our room and keys waiting for us outside. Inside we found everything you'd need in a hotel - tea/coffee, a couple of bags of chips, hot shower, hair dryer, etc.

Our room had a queen size bed and a single. Everything was exceptionally clean and in good working order, if perhaps a little dated.

We left early the next morning and had breakfast included. The serving sizes were very generous - we didn't need lunch after that - and if you think about what you'd pay for a good cooked breakfast elsewhere on the highway, the rates at this motel are even better.

The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because of the road noise. When trucks pass you know. Once you're asleep you may not hear it (unless you're a very light sleeper), though.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

What a gem.
Good value for money is what this little motel is all about.
Good clean basic room, with an excellent bed.
On arrival we were given tea and corn chips for a snack. The hosts were just lovely.
The shower water pressure was great with plenty of hot water.
After an excellent nights sleep, even though it was a little noisy due to the trucks on the highway, but only early in the morning, we were treated to a fabulous breakfast.
Perfectly cooked bacon and poached eggs with a side of baked beans, fruit juice and steaming hot percolate coffee. All for a very basic price of $85.00.
I also loved the grape vines hugging the verandah, what a great start to our wine tour of South Australia

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed in a Family room for 1 night whilst we attended the Stawell Gift. The room was clean and warm, but could probably do with a bit of a revamp soon. Beds were comfortable, shower was hot. We arrived at lunchtime and the owners called into our room with a pot of tea and sandwiches, and cans of drink for the kids, which was a lovely gesture.

Room Tip: The motel is on a major road - we stayed in a room on the side and didn't hear any traffic noise...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Batesford, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stay there when working in the area. I have found the rooms neat and clean. Prices are excellent and for a small cost they make me a home cooked dinner each night. I couldn't ask for more. It really is like staying with friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashley P
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed for a week for work due to TA recommendations, as Horsham accommodation was booked out. The rooms were clean and comfortable what really made the stay worth it was the hosts as mentioned in the other reviews. They went out of there way to make the stay enjoyable from bringing coffee to the room on check in to having a great laugh, they made a hard week enjoyable. The food was great country type fare with a glass of wine or a soft drink of your choice as long as its Solo! The cooked breakfast hit the spot as well and the deserts were spectacular. I stayed in one of the front rooms and the noise was not noticeable. I recommend this hotel on the incredible value and the hosts ability to make you feel at home. I wish some of the bigger hotel chains could visit and learn a few things on customer service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank M0WerMaN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stawell
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge
Motel Stawell
#2 of 6 in Stawell
The Grampians Motel & The Views Restaurant
Diamond House Heritage Restaurant and Motor Inn

Been to London Motor Inn? Share your experiences!