“Good Value Great Rooms”

Comfort Inn Goldfields
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Stawell
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The deluxe queen room I stayed in at the Comfort Inn Goldfields Stawell was a large updated room with a separate comfortable, huge bathroom. The room had digital TV and a very comfy bed. The Motel complex is clean and well managed. The location is great, on the Melbourne side of Stawell just after the McDonalds on the left hand side. I will stay here again. The service was excellent too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are off the Main Road behind the Reception and Restaurant Complex.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jkagu
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Goldfields

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have stayed at the Goldfields Inn Motel twice, I cannot believe those BAD reports, The rooms are so clean, and the food has been SUPERB. As I am a sales rep and travell the counrty every second week, Trust me I have stayed in some HORRIBLE motels, I rank the GOLDFIELDS Motel in Stawell one of the best.
Those people must have PROBLEMS.
Regards
Paula

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank P8932OATraveller
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Staying for bussines it was a relaxing stopover on a busy schedule to rest and with clean well equiped rooms, a pleasant experience with a enjoyable meal in the motel resturant with a nice touch of wood fire going to provide a homely atmosphere.
Carly in the resturant was very polite and helpful with meal and drink advice to ensure a pleasant evening.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear are good for less highway disturbance
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bryan W
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed at the Goldfields Motel in Stawell for the first and last time On arrival they had lost booking for the night and it needed 2 people to complete check I The room was average with marks on carpet when we arrived and then billed for cleaning of the carpets which were already dirty. I wonder how many other people have been charged for this same sting. Our sleep was constantly interrupted by the traffic on the highway. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Norman R
Goldfieldsmanagement, Owner at Comfort Inn Goldfields, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Your booking hadn't been lost, we had an updating issue between the Choice website and our booking system. By the time you went to the bathroom your booking had been sorted out. I dont feel this is an issue at all.
As for the carpets, when you were contacted in regard to the thick tar like substance that had been tracked through your room, not too mention the reception area, restaurant carpets and mens bathroom, you got your back up straight away and had excuse after excuse as to how/why it wasn't you and it was already there.
These marks were not in the room nor through the main building before your arrival and after speaking with you I contacted our cleaner to check that the marks weren't there the day prior, I also contact the guest who stayed in the same room the night before you & it was confirmed by both that there where no marks in that room (or through the main building) prior to your arrival on site. Not too mention all of our carpets throughout this establishment had been steam cleaned in July, this particular room being cleaned only 12 days before your arrival.
I do not enjoy having to deal with these situations nor do we "fleece" people with what you refer to as a "sting" . I felt I had gone above and beyond dealing with this one, I contacted you to discuss, heard your story and followed it up by making phone calls to staff and even another guest to verify your story, which proved to be untrue. Most hotels/motels would just charge you without notification, please also note I only charged you for the cleaning of the room not the scrubbing of reception tiles, mens bathroom tiles and the carpet in the restaurant, which we had every right to do so. I even checked with my regional manager as to the right proceedure for these situations before calling you in the first instance.
As for the highway noise, short of risking our lives standing on a busy highway to stop large B double trucks and general traffic so you can have a goods night sleep, there is unfortunatly not too much we can do about this, traffic is understandably out of our control.
If the room genuinly was dirty upon your arrival why did you not notify reception then and there?
We do not appreciate your slander on our business practises.

Kind Regards
Goldfields Management

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Visiting the beautiful city of Stawell for the first time we were very impressed with the old buildings...the town hall and its clock....and some of the very unique buildings...
especially The Diamond House Motor Inn...who ever built it had so much patience it is well worth the turn off the highway to see..
Anyway getting back the purpose of my revue ...yes we tried to book into the Diamond House but it was full..
So we ended up booking in to The Goldfields Motel... we were rather late booking in so when we were told the restaurant was about to close we decided to eat first before going to our room As i said yes we were late but the food was disgusting dont know if they kept every thing in a bain-marie but oh god it was to bad to even try and describe ..
Well after complaining...no one was interested...we thoughtlets just go get a good nights sleep and continue with our trip...
Well the shocks just kept coming the rooms were not at all clean...the shower had soap scum every were could not have been cleaned for a very long time...
But being very tired we just went to bed...sheets were clean...well zso much for a good nights sleep ...no way the traffic noise was awe-full and the trucks going by went on all night...
the next morning we complained to reception but again they were just not interested,,
we were just glad to get out of there in the end.... very bad finish to a beautiful day..
AAA...rated 3and half stars...must have cost them a fortune to bribe the inspector

Room Tip: dont think there could be a good room here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovelle_greene
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed here on our recent trip to Melbourne from Adelaide. Its perfect, right on the highway no navigating through town to find it. Restaurant on site meant we could have a meal (and an awesome meal at that!) and a few drinks (local wines) and not have to worry about getting home!! haha The staff here are super friendly and helpfull. From what i could gather they are all locals and they know the area although we were just passing through i now want to make another trip just to explore the Grampians!! (and to have another meal here haha )
Thank you for making our short stop in Stawell enjoyable and i will see you again!! =)

Room Tip: Stayiing behind the main building helps to absorb the highway noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

it was my misfortune to choose to stay at this motel..
the rooms were old and not that clean---mice droppings in the cupboards.
would have left straight away but this was the only motel that we found with vacant rooms.
we decided to have dinner in the restaurant because we had been driving all day which was another mistake
i had a piece of leather that was supposed to be a steak and no it wasnt well done
my partner had a chicken...probably warmed up in the microwave..
it was quite busy with locals...well if this is the best that stawell has to offer
just keep driving.
when i complained to the management they just werent interested

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank john1956dalby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stawell
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge
Magdala Motor Lodge
Magdala Motor Lodge
#3 of 6 in Stawell
The Grampians Motel & The Views Restaurant

Been to Comfort Inn Goldfields? Share your experiences!