“Not as hoped ”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Stawell
Geelong, Australia
“Not as hoped ”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Wasn't going to bother with a review as I was on a work trip but.... Good things first . Friendly staff , good sized rooms, ample parking. Now the bad ... Cob webs all over ceiling, shower door sticking, noisy air con , air con too small, unable to fill kettle , fridge very noisy woke me up, food not well cooked oily fish,charged for breakfast although I only had a (not well made coffee) ok that's it I'll travel onto Horsham next time .

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paulwoodsie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
North Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Comfort Inn during a business trip in Stawell. The experience started with a very polite man at reception who greeted our arrival. I have no other local hotels to compare to yet I was quite satisfied with the Queen Deluxe room I stayed in. The room was of older style, brick construction and laminate kitchen with all appliances and utensils. The seperate bathroom was clean. The bed was comfortable and suprisingly warm. Best of all for me was the TV was in working order with all digital stations working. If the hotel didnt offer SBS I would not have stayed - I planned to wake up early to watch the Champions League semi finals, go Chelsea!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GaveYouExtraCheese
Halls Gap, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We didn't stay at the motel but ate at the restaurant. Three of us enjoyed a fantastic meal in the motel's restaurant. The staff were extraordinary, very welcoming, friendly and nothing was left to chance. The meals were amazing. The best fresh fish and meat serves we've ever enjoyed..... and then the most delicious sweets. All made onsite. Congratulations to the owners and chef. We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank hallsgap
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on the recommendations of the local information centre. Very noisy, road traffic was loud, bathroom was dated but clean, bed was comfy, but air conditioner was noisy and rattling. Reasonable for the price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank badbloke
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We didn't actually stay here but we stay go here for a meal, my husband asked a local where to go for dinner and he suggested this place, it was very good. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable, the waitress and manager absolutely lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The food was home made and gorgeous, very happy we went here and would definately return. Was reasonably priced and the kids receiving coloring in pages and were welcomed as well. All in all a great night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LissyL0u
Adelaide
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The deluxe queen room I stayed in at the Comfort Inn Goldfields Stawell was a large updated room with a separate comfortable, huge bathroom. The room had digital TV and a very comfy bed. The Motel complex is clean and well managed. The location is great, on the Melbourne side of Stawell just after the McDonalds on the left hand side. I will stay here again. The service was excellent too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are off the Main Road behind the Reception and Restaurant Complex.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jkagu
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have stayed at the Goldfields Inn Motel twice, I cannot believe those BAD reports, The rooms are so clean, and the food has been SUPERB. As I am a sales rep and travell the counrty every second week, Trust me I have stayed in some HORRIBLE motels, I rank the GOLDFIELDS Motel in Stawell one of the best.
Those people must have PROBLEMS.
Regards
Paula

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank P8932OATraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stawell
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge
#2 of 6 in Stawell
Magdala Motor Lodge
Magdala Motor Lodge
#3 of 6 in Stawell

Been to Comfort Inn Goldfields? Share your experiences!