“Great vegetarian meals for salad lovers”
Review of Spudy

Spudy
Ranked #16 of 92 Restaurants in Torquay
Reviewed 13 November 2013

At the time I popped by SPUDY during my flying (literally and metaphorically) visit to Australia, I'd been backpacking across South East Asia for two weeks. I was travelling with 3 other people along Great Ocean Rd. heading towards Melbourne Airport. We had just visited Bells Beach- a great place for surfers famous for surfing championships- and wanted to have something to eat after a long and tiring day and before another sleepless night at the airport. To my delight and excitement, I spotted Spudy, which was just what I wanted at that particular moment.The guys, meat eaters, went somewhere else, whereas I submerged myself in reading a random magazine offered by the bar, drinking delicious strong tea and eating absolutely fantastic SPUD. It was actually my first time with the dish but quite similar to what we have in Europe. Spud is a big baked potato filled with assorted vegetables (the choice of 6 different ingredients) including my favourite chickpeas. It's very filling and tasty. If you are a vegetarian or just want something different for a change-try SPUDY.It's a family run bar (I guess...) it's got the atmosphere and is very convenient for a quick, undemanding visit.