“Romantic weekend away”

Wyndham Resort Torquay
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms . Friendly pleasant staff upon checking in. Spacious rooms . Made use of indoor pool as a chilli change to weather we didn't brave the outdoor pool. Free car parking . Internet was ridiculously expensive . Free wifi in the lobby. Only a little to far away from the cafés bars and clubs .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
WyndhamResortTorquay, Duty Manager at Wyndham Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Delishldish,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We do have very spacious rooms and it is a shame about the weather but I am happy you made use of our indoor pool.

I hope to welcome you back to the resort when you next visit this region.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Love the Wyndham resort: good foods, very nice and huge room with kitchen, beautiful beaches and services. I likes my dinner. The room is very quiet. I loved walking on the beaches in the morning. Highly recommended. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear HTK L,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Wyndham Resort Torquay, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us, the beaches here are definitely beautiful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I participated in a conference where only a proportion of the staff attended. While the topics left a bit to be desired, the Wyndham Resort more than made up for the lack of engagement by missing collegues.

The meals were good, the amenities well maintained, and the rooms were quiet, clean and yes, I will be going back. I was also impressed with the secure underground car parking.

I might add that the views are simply stunning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Stewart A,

Thank you for providing us with some great feedback, I am sorry to hear about your conference however happy that your stay here at The Wyndham Resort Torquay made up for that.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Beach Resort - Torquay for our 5th Wedding Anniversary.
We booked a great romantic package - 3 nights - upsized to a 1 bedroom apartment, 3 course dinner for 2 in the Latitude 38 Restaurant, Aromic Massage for 2 at the Day Spa, free in-house movie, Hot breakfast daily, free bottle of Champagne, local wine and box of chocolates upon arrival - all for $600 (normal package would be in excess of $1350).
It was perfect!!

The weather in Torquay was awful (rainy and cold for this time of year) but staying at the Wyndham more then made up for it.

The room was spacious / light and clean. The bed was comfy and the whole atmosphere of the resort was exactly what we were after.
From check in through to check out - everything was brilliant! Staff were attentive and friendly, carparking was easy and the distance from the hotel to the Town Centre was only a walk away (about 2km).

I used the gym facilities whilst I was there and was thankful that it had everything I required for my workout!

Our only complaint was that the bedroom was a bit warm at night and didn't have any cooling available (we had to open the door at night in order to get some air flow).

Other then that we would definitely stay at the Wyndham Beach Resort in Torquay again!

Room Tip: We were in the room located right next to the reception / conference centre and there happened to be...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Hailsntwang,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, our escape relax and unwind package is definitely great value and the perfect idea for a getaway. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the weather.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My sister in law and i recently stayed at Wyndham Torquay, we had the Indulge Package - room was wonderful, staff went out of their way (Reception, Bar, Restaurant & Day Spa). Food was delicious, facilities fantastic and it was all under one roof.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
WyndhamResortTorquay, Duty Manager at Wyndham Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Mjtmcook,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I felt like royalty here. The room was great and i had so much space, a really peaceful place and enough parking. Staff always friendly! Had the most gorgeous views over the sea. I've been staying in hostels, so I suppose I am being biased as I finally had a room to myself, but this still is one of the nicest places I've stayed in. Food in restaurant was great and location was awesome. Could have done with a mop/hoover as I stayed for 6 days and the room needed a bit of a clean.

• Stayed: October 2013
WyndhamResortTorquay, Duty Manager at Wyndham Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Elsothcott,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We booked 4months ago to a 2bR Apartment arrived on the 27/10 for 6nights. Found the carpet very filthy view was not special except staring between the wall. Informed the front desk upon arrival about the issues. Spoke to Wyndham Owner Services Management which they able to fixed the issue and we got transfer to another room with a bush view although carpet still the same with old stain on the floor.

Ithink the hotel should needs to prioritised and take housekeeping seriously. I expect 4.5 rating with this hotel but sadly it was not according to what we experienced.The manager on duty at that time just told us that obviously he doesnt have the authority to change the room and can't made a decision which was absolutely nonsense.
I Love Melbourne but not quite sure if I would like to go back to this particular hotel again. We also noticed that the wifi internet connection of our room was absolutely very poor we were told by the front desk that it works only on the reception and front lounge.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Eden74,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. We are currently working on our carpet in our suites. I will also definitely be following up with the manager on duty you spoke with. Unfortunately we do only have WiFi connection in the reception and restaurant areas, in the rooms we have broadband only. Please accept my apologies I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I hope that in the future we can welcome you back.

Rebecca Jones

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
Torquay Tropicana Motel
Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay
Great Ocean Road Resort
Great Ocean Road Resort
#1 of 1 in Anglesea

Been to Wyndham Resort Torquay? Share your experiences!