“Great set of apartments for 2 couples”
Review of Punthill Knox

Punthill Knox
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My partner and I, along with my sister and her partner stayed in Punt HIll for a week in February. The 2 bedroom apartment was brilliant. We shared a common door, but then we each had our own apartments, but with access to both apartments. This gave both couples great privacy when necessary, but we could all access the large kitchen and lounge.

The facilities were all new and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioning efficient and the blackout curtains were very effective.

The apartments were fully equipped, with full size fridge, washing machine, microwave, dishwasher, and a full range of cooking utensils and crockery.

The apartments were serviced every day to a good standard.

We were in an apartment that fronted onto Stud Road and that was very noisy, but I imagine it would be more quiet if you were situated towards the back of the complex.

The location of the apartments suited us as it was close to the family we were visiting. If you stay here it's recommended that you hire a car (there's a free car park), otherwise you'll need to catch a bus to the train station to get around. Location wise, it's very convenient to Knox City Shopping Centre which is across the road.

These apartments are definitely in the suburbs. It's not convenient to access the city, but would be perfect for business travellers if their work was near by. If I was a tourist coming to Melbourne for the first time, I wouldn't recommend these apartments because they are too far from the city, unless of course, they had friends or family nearby.

I couldn't complain about the customer service, but if I had to describe it in one word, it would be "functional"

We will most likely stay here again when we next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Stud Road so that it's quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank The_Wylie_Coyote

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights with my family in a 1 bedroom apartment. I have no complaints about the apartment itself. The apartment was fantastic, very well-equipped for a family or for longer stays. The size of the living/dining area was comfortable, the bedroom was a little small (we couldn't fit our suitcases in there so we just laid them out in the living room) but unless you intend to do cartwheels in there, it's fine and serves its purpose. The kitchenette was fully stocked with cookware and tableware which is handy if you decide to eat in or make your own brekky. If you don't want to cook, food is easily available across the road at the Knox City shopping centre. There's free parking onsite which is a bonus. You have to pay for internet though. Housekeeping did a great job of keeping everything very clean. If you plan to do laundry, you have to bring your own front loader washing powder. I thought they should've provided this, since they had provided powder for the dishwasher. It's a reasonably short drive to the Dandenong Ranges and Yarra Valley, which makes it great for day trips or sightseeing in the area. The apartments facing the main road can be noisy, so if you're sensitive to noise, ask for an apartment towards the back of the building.

The thing that let this place down were the property managers. They were very brisk with our check-in/check-out, I don't recall a "hello" or a smile. Surly would be an apt word to describe the look on their faces, and perfunctory would perfectly describe their customer service. Perhaps they were having an off day or two, or perhaps they were annoyed with having to work over Christmas but come on, you're in the HOSPITALITY industry. So show a little hospitality and courtesy. These individuals let down what is otherwise a great place to stay in. Luckily I didn't need any help from them as I was staying here while visiting family and friends in Melbourne. But if I was a tourist, I'd be pretty put off by their attitude.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank missduhr
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Had a second stay here in November in good faith after Head Office PR person claimed temp managers were in during first stay. Same couple far from warm and fuzzy. Done and dusted there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bridport Walkin... T
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Situated on a busy intersection directly opposite a major shopping complex and bus terminal. We noticed that there was a bus going to the Melbourne airport. The room was adequate and bed comfortable but some may say too soft. Flat panel TV. Also microwave, jug, toaster and small fridge made eating in a cheap option. Shower was in the bath so may not suit everyone but we thought it OK as it had a grab handle to aid access.
We bought our own breakfast but did enquire re the cost of the hotel option - Continental $15 and cooked breakfast was $20.
We found it was cheaper to book through a booking agent than directly with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aussienanna
KeiranS, Director of Sales at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear Aussienanna

Thanks for posting your feedback about Punthill Knox on Tripadvisor.

There is no doubt you discovered some of the greatest benefits of staying at Punthill on your visit. Most of our guests comment on the excellent cost saving benefits of been able to cook a meal in your own room.

I'm surprised to hear that you were able to find a cheaper rate through a booking agent. We have great deals on our website or you can contact our Reservations Dept directly next time to discuss the best deal.

Many thanks

Keiran Spencer
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 5 August 2011

I booked here on reviews. The apartment was excellent. But perhaps there was a fill in manager for my two night stay. To say there was no customer service other than a cursory check in and out is an understatement with a rather condescending mention twice as to our "Wotif" status. Perhaps they prefer corporate guests.
No apology for continental breakfast only on weekends and no information offered as to nearby cafes. Unhelpful comments when asked to call a cab. No housekeeping happened. I had to ask for fresh towels and made the bed myself.
I won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bridport Walkin... T
KeiranS, Public Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Punthill Knox.

We did have relief managers for a period of time at the Punthill Knox in July and if you have had encountered our permanent managers the service would have been warm and effusive.

Housekeepers service rooms on a daily basis and if towels were not replaced on a particular day it would have been an unfortunate oversight.

We do hope that we are given the oppertunity of welcoming you back in the future

Thanking you again for your valued feedback

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I spent 8days staying in Punthill Apartment Hotel, Melbourne in April for business trip. It is located at Stud Road, Victoria. And is conveniently opposite the Knox City shopping center and entertainment precinct by walking distance (<10mintues). This shopping mall, I would say has something for everyone taste.

I personally like this Punthill apartment with all in-house/room facilities which inclusive of kitchenware, dish washer machine, laundry (washing machine + dryer), ironing and balcony. If I return late from work, I will shop at the Knox City supermarket and make my own cooking. Continue my night with work and internet.

The service is excellence as rooms are always clean & tidy. But, there were days whereby the housekeeper forgot to replace the toilet rolls, shampoo…… Nevertheless, the overall rating for this Punthill apartment is good, spacious, clean, warm and comfort.

Punthill Knox is always the best option with great value and makes your stay a pleasant one I would recommend

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank steo18
KeiranS, Director of Sales at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Thanks so much for the great feedback and it's great to know that you were able to make the most of the excellent shopping options close by.

The feedback with regard to housekeeping not replacing your shampoo and toilet roll has been passed on to our housekeeping manager. We do apologise for any incovenience this may have caused.

We look forward to seeing you again at Punthill Knox.

Reviewed 6 March 2011

If you are in the sth eastern suburbs, then these are nice clean and new apartments. Right next to Knox shopping centre. The gym only has one bike, one treadmill and a weight station, and the pool is outdoor. I had a room on stud road which is a bit noisy in the morning. I arrived after closure and there is an intercom to get the safe password access for your key. Good parking.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wantirna
Golden Pebble Melbourne
Punthill Burwood
#2 of 3 in Burwood
Central Business District
Punthill Flinders Lane Apartments

Been to Punthill Knox? Share your experiences!