Punthill Knox
US$105
  • Restaurant
US$86
  • Restaurant
Clarion Hotel on Canterbury(Forest Hill)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$280
HotelQuickly
US$94
US$88
Ringwood Motel(Ringwood)
  • Room Service
All reviewsbedroom apartmentstud roadpunt hillshopping centreacross the roadthese apartmentsstayed herelarge bathroomfree parkingroad noisewalking distancewashing machine and dryerlight sleeperlong staygreat apartmentwell equipped kitchenfood options
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Needing accommodation in the Ringwood area I chose Punthill apartments, Knox. Directly opposite Knox City shopping complex, which is huge! Apartments easy to find, modern and with everything you need. Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kennedys2011
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My partner and I, along with my sister and her partner stayed in Punt HIll for a week in February. The 2 bedroom apartment was brilliant. We shared a common door, but then we each had our own apartments, but with access to both apartments. This gave both couples great privacy when necessary, but we could all access the large kitchen and lounge.

The facilities were all new and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioning efficient and the blackout curtains were very effective.

The apartments were fully equipped, with full size fridge, washing machine, microwave, dishwasher, and a full range of cooking utensils and crockery.

The apartments were serviced every day to a good standard.

We were in an apartment that fronted onto Stud Road and that was very noisy, but I imagine it would be more quiet if you were situated towards the back of the complex.

The location of the apartments suited us as it was close to the family we were visiting. If you stay here it's recommended that you hire a car (there's a free car park), otherwise you'll need to catch a bus to the train station to get around. Location wise, it's very convenient to Knox City Shopping Centre which is across the road.

These apartments are definitely in the suburbs. It's not convenient to access the city, but would be perfect for business travellers if their work was near by. If I was a tourist coming to Melbourne for the first time, I wouldn't recommend these apartments because they are too far from the city, unless of course, they had friends or family nearby.

I couldn't complain about the customer service, but if I had to describe it in one word, it would be "functional"

We will most likely stay here again when we next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Stud Road so that it's quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank The_Wylie_Coyote
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights with my family in a 1 bedroom apartment. I have no complaints about the apartment itself. The apartment was fantastic, very well-equipped for a family or for longer stays. The size of the living/dining area was comfortable, the bedroom was a little small (we couldn't fit our suitcases in there so we just laid them out in the living room) but unless you intend to do cartwheels in there, it's fine and serves its purpose. The kitchenette was fully stocked with cookware and tableware which is handy if you decide to eat in or make your own brekky. If you don't want to cook, food is easily available across the road at the Knox City shopping centre. There's free parking onsite which is a bonus. You have to pay for internet though. Housekeeping did a great job of keeping everything very clean. If you plan to do laundry, you have to bring your own front loader washing powder. I thought they should've provided this, since they had provided powder for the dishwasher. It's a reasonably short drive to the Dandenong Ranges and Yarra Valley, which makes it great for day trips or sightseeing in the area. The apartments facing the main road can be noisy, so if you're sensitive to noise, ask for an apartment towards the back of the building.

The thing that let this place down were the property managers. They were very brisk with our check-in/check-out, I don't recall a "hello" or a smile. Surly would be an apt word to describe the look on their faces, and perfunctory would perfectly describe their customer service. Perhaps they were having an off day or two, or perhaps they were annoyed with having to work over Christmas but come on, you're in the HOSPITALITY industry. So show a little hospitality and courtesy. These individuals let down what is otherwise a great place to stay in. Luckily I didn't need any help from them as I was staying here while visiting family and friends in Melbourne. But if I was a tourist, I'd be pretty put off by their attitude.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank missduhr
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Had a second stay here in November in good faith after Head Office PR person claimed temp managers were in during first stay. Same couple far from warm and fuzzy. Done and dusted there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alikat19
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Situated on a busy intersection directly opposite a major shopping complex and bus terminal. We noticed that there was a bus going to the Melbourne airport. The room was adequate and bed comfortable but some may say too soft. Flat panel TV. Also microwave, jug, toaster and small fridge made eating in a cheap option. Shower was in the bath so may not suit everyone but we thought it OK as it had a grab handle to aid access.
We bought our own breakfast but did enquire re the cost of the hotel option - Continental $15 and cooked breakfast was $20.
We found it was cheaper to book through a booking agent than directly with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aussienanna
KeiranS, Director of Sales at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear Aussienanna

Thanks for posting your feedback about Punthill Knox on Tripadvisor.

There is no doubt you discovered some of the greatest benefits of staying at Punthill on your visit. Most of our guests comment on the excellent cost saving benefits of been able to cook a meal in your own room.

I'm surprised to hear that you were able to find a cheaper rate through a booking agent. We have great deals on our website or you can contact our Reservations Dept directly next time to discuss the best deal.

Many thanks