“Disappointed”
Review of Cavalier Motor Inn

Cavalier Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wantirna
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This was my fourth stay in this motel for business trips and really disappointing (other stays had been reasonable), room was really stuffy and the air conditioner didn't work very well. The shower water pressure was extremely poor and the water temperature was luke warm, none of this had improved at 6am when I my day began.
This motel is really convenient for my business trips, approx 8 a year, and as it is just under new management I may give it one more try.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
There are newer reviews for Cavalier Motor Inn

Reviewed 23 August 2012

While the people running the hotel at the time of the stay were nice, I would have to say the whole evening was terrible and difently not worth the money. My partner and I booked the delux spa suite and were not give the beautiful one as advertised. Our oom had a hole in the door, ripped carpet and dirty linen. I called in advance of stay to let them know my parnter is gluten intolerant and I dont have dairy which we were told was fine as they would serve gluten free bread and soy milk. When it arrived it was normal bread and dairy milk. The pool was being cleaned and the heater was not on as advertised even though it was spring. I contacted management and the owners who first ignored me, then after months I got a reply saying they would get back to me. That was a year ago!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The motel was perfectly situated for us, close to Rowville and family there. It is also handy for a large shopping centre and takeaways. The room was big, but needed renovation. Clean and tidy, and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very good location . Knox shopping centre couple of minutes away and close to Dandenongs to drive and njoy. Will return again. The staff were very helpful

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Firstly I would say that the people who run this hotel are lovely, I have always had a wonderful booking, check in and check out experience. They try really hard to run this place well but unfortunately it is getting a bit tired... that said it still remains fantastic value for money. In my experience a continental breakfast has been included in the tariff and if you're just after some toast and cereal then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. They also have a restaurant onsite which does evening meals as well as room service and room service breakfast. I haven't eaten there so can't comment but I have been over the road to the Wantirna Club which always has a good meal. In short, if you're after great service and good value and don't mind the older surroundings, then go for it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the front rooms, they face onto the Stud Road/Burwood Highway intersection and I imag...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My family & I stayed for a couple weeks & although it is a older style hotel we found it so inviting, clean, friendly & warm that we will be staying again this year.

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wantirna
Golden Pebble Melbourne
#1 of 1 in Forest Hill
Ringwood Lake Inn
Ringwood Lake Inn
#2 of 4 in Ringwood

Been to Cavalier Motor Inn? Share your experiences!