“Old and decrepit”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wantirna
South Australia
“Old and decrepit”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have stayed in many motels but this was the pits.
Furniture is discussing, no fly screens on windows, cockroaches everywhere.
The state of the rooms in regards to cleanliness was filthy.

Also false advertising in regards to meals in the restaurant, the neon sign states it has a
Restaurant but they do not have it functioning.

Will definitely not recommend this run down old building.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeannie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Swan Hill
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This was my fourth stay in this motel for business trips and really disappointing (other stays had been reasonable), room was really stuffy and the air conditioner didn't work very well. The shower water pressure was extremely poor and the water temperature was luke warm, none of this had improved at 6am when I my day began.
This motel is really convenient for my business trips, approx 8 a year, and as it is just under new management I may give it one more try.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Travellers are raving about these Wantirna hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2012

While the people running the hotel at the time of the stay were nice, I would have to say the whole evening was terrible and difently not worth the money. My partner and I booked the delux spa suite and were not give the beautiful one as advertised. Our oom had a hole in the door, ripped carpet and dirty linen. I called in advance of stay to let them know my parnter is gluten intolerant and I dont have dairy which we were told was fine as they would serve gluten free bread and soy milk. When it arrived it was normal bread and dairy milk. The pool was being cleaned and the heater was not on as advertised even though it was spring. I contacted management and the owners who first ignored me, then after months I got a reply saying they would get back to me. That was a year ago!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Scottish Borders
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The motel was perfectly situated for us, close to Rowville and family there. It is also handy for a large shopping centre and takeaways. The room was big, but needed renovation. Clean and tidy, and staff were friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very good location . Knox shopping centre couple of minutes away and close to Dandenongs to drive and njoy. Will return again. The staff were very helpful

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Firstly I would say that the people who run this hotel are lovely, I have always had a wonderful booking, check in and check out experience. They try really hard to run this place well but unfortunately it is getting a bit tired... that said it still remains fantastic value for money. In my experience a continental breakfast has been included in the tariff and if you're just after some toast and cereal then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. They also have a restaurant onsite which does evening meals as well as room service and room service breakfast. I haven't eaten there so can't comment but I have been over the road to the Wantirna Club which always has a good meal. In short, if you're after great service and good value and don't mind the older surroundings, then go for it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the front rooms, they face onto the Stud Road/Burwood Highway intersection and I imag...