“Don't judge a book by it's cover”

Golden Pebble Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wantirna
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Save your first impressions for what's inside....when we arrived I was concerned we had made a mistake. The outside looked unloved, the elevator needed a lot of TLC and then the restaurant had a 'closed for renovation' sign. However, when I got to reception I found a very bright and happy woman who processed a fuss free check-in, apologised for the restaurant being closed for a couple of weeks and off we went to our room. This is where we left our 'unloved' impressions in the elevator. Clearly this place has had some work done. Our room was lovely with plenty of space and comfortable beds. The bathroom was spacious with a full size bath that my wife enjoyed and a good shower. The wi-fi has recently been updated and worked perfectly for us, fast and easy to connect to and use. The room and bathroom were spotless which is easily the most important thing for me. The criticisms I have are probably not fair, but I will make them...the TV was a bit small for the room size, there were three of us in the room but only cups and supplies for two, and there was a tear in the curtain. So, not a big deal at all. This doesn't claim to be a 5 star hotel and is only a fraction of the price. Close by is the Knox Club, the huge Knox shopping centre including cinemas and on Sunday morning were the markets just up the road. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank buggsy62

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed at The Pebble regularly over the past few months on Business for stays of a couple of nights up to a full week.

The staff are amazing and the rooms are spacious and well appointed, comfortable and easily accessible.

I have dined in the restaurant twice and have had great meals. The attentive staff were conscious of what it is like to dine alone while away and made every effort to make me very welcome and comfortable.

Recently, I have been able to use the free wireless internet which along with free undercover parking are truly valuable features not available at all local hotels in the area.

It is within minutes of the Eastern Freeway and Burwood Highway so access is very easy by car.

I look forward to my next visit back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel staff were so very lovely and took care of any problems that arose. As we were having a 21st birthday weekend, the hotel staff were very friendly and met every need.
I enjoyed my stay very much and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jadebariesheff
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at The Pebble a few months ago and i was happily surprised, after the so so comments i was a bit hesitant but i put my faith in the comments made by the manager. So i gave it a go, i will definitely stay again if business brings me this way.The staff were courteous and very helpful, i felt right at home, just want to thank the staff and management for a great time, there was no monkeying around and boy they went out of their way, i cant find enough words to say how delighted i was. 10/10 value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David J
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the Golden Pebble for three nights to attend a funeral in Melbourne nearby. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, the rooms excellent and service very good. The restaurant at the hotel is Chinese and we had one meal there. Food was good and the service very good. As an alternative the Knox Club is just across the road and it has excellent meals at reasonable prices and you can charge those back to your hotel room if you wish. Breakfast was reasonable without being anything special. Shower could do with a few more rails for towels etc.The hotel is apparently a 4.5 star but I think 4 stars would be more accurate. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wally666
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at this hotel. I didn't know it existed as it seems to have a low profile. I got a 3 day special rate off the internet at a price that had me expecting a lot less than I received for my money.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful when I asked about what there was to do in the area as I had a free day to myself. I dined in the Chinese restaurant and it was the real deal, complete with fish tanks with live fish, crabs and lobster to choose from which can be cooked fresh for you. On the third night I was able to go across the road to the Knox Club and charge my meal and drinks back to my room. This was very convenient as far as my billing was concerned. The Knox Club in itself was another surprise. When they knew I was staying at the Golden Pebble they rolled out the red carpet and made me feel special. So much so that I stayed on and had some bets at the TAB and a play on the Pokies. I did ok too!

I was almost sorry to leave this hotel. I had become acquainted with the staff including the house keepers who were very friendly and helpful. I will be back next time I have business on this side of the city.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Phillip J
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Location and price are great and affordable. There are a few things extra the rooms could have but overall a very pleasant stay. Staff are very helpful and polite. They seem to go that extra mile to help.
The rooms could be a little cleaner but nothing I would complain about.
I'm happy to stay there and would recommend it to others

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Shawty411
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wantirna
Quality Inn & Suites Knox
5 mi away
Burwood East Motel
Burwood East Motel
#3 of 3 in Burwood

Been to Golden Pebble Melbourne? Share your experiences!