“A perfect stop over place between Melbourne and...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Anna D
“A perfect stop over place between Melbourne and ACT.”
Reviewed 7 November 2018 for a stay in November 2018

I've been looking for a place to break my long trip between Melbourne to Canberra. I've search several places online then I found Inspiring Views. It was such a nice surprise when I got there. No wonder it's called an Artisan Homestead as everywhere I looked around I found artworks Margaret has created for to enjoy. Margaret's attention to details was apparent in the bedroom, the kitchenette, the bathroom and the private balcony. The tranquility, the peaceful atmosphere, the enchanting garden, and the birdlife were amongst a few that I enjoyed so much. But most of all, Margaret's friendliness and hospitable attitude have made me feel I was at home away from home. As I enjoyed it on my first visit, I decided to go back to stay at Inspiring Views on the way back from Canberra. I've found the place I've been looking for. I will visit it again. Thank you Margaret!!

10 Dec 2018
Thank you for this very special review. So delighted that you booked again so soon after your first visit. I look forward to future stays when you are travelling up the Hume Highway. Many thanks Margi
Darryl B
“Such creativity and attention to detail”
Reviewed 29 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Margaret's property is such a captivating display of creativity and attention to detail. The premises seemed like an enchanted museum, every square inch has an amazing amount of intrigue on offer. The grounds were clearly built with love and toil, hour upon hour, year upon year...this property could very well be a movie set...we loved it...and super keen for more stayovers!

29 May 2018
Thank you so very much for this great review. It was a great pleasure to host you and I am already looking forward to your next stay.
Yviess
Ashmore, Australia
“Quaint with an amazing view”
Reviewed 10 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

When I arrived Margaret was so welcoming. The house is very quaint and there is a lot of garden to walk around and see interesting artefacts. Very peaceful sleep. So much food for breakfast. Great views, even at night. I would recommend staying here.

10 Apr 2018
Thank you Yvette for my lovely review. A pleasure to have you stay and hope you can return one day for a longer stay.
Many thanks, Margaret
Peter W
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Memorable experience!”
Reviewed 1 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Staying at Inspiring Views is a memorable experience, with everything you can wish for. From Margaret's warm welcome when you arrive, to the amazing house that Margaret has built on top of the hill, everything is perfect. The bed is very comfortable and the room is very private (if you want to be alone). The breakfast options are incredibly generous, we had the choice of 10 different teas, six different bread types, homemade biscuits, numerous jams, a fruit bowl, yoghurt, fresh juice, and over a dozen cereals - all in our own private kitchenette. Wow! Then there's the gardens - you can spend hours exploring the top of this hill, with meandering pathways, surprising artwork, and relaxing seats with 360 degree views. All of this was topped off with a bunch of flowers from Margaret on our departure the next morning. We only wish we had stayed here for an entire long weekend, rather than just one night. We highly recommend Inspiring Views to anyone wanting a romantic break, or just a few days to recharge. Don't miss this opportunity for a unique experience!

Your age range 50-64
3 Mar 2018
Wow! thank you for your long and detailed review. I loved hosting you as you were a very enthusiastic couple, fun and very engaging.
Woodebell
Wodonga, Australia
“Tranquil haven on our doorstep”
Reviewed 8 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Wow simply amazing and the soaring eagles majestically highlight the stunning panoramic views.
Beautiful breeze on the veranda as we relaxed in the tranquil surrounds of such a peaceful haven. Margaret is a very generous, engaging & caring hostess. We will be back.

9 Feb 2018
Thank you Robert and Leonie. It was a great pleasure to be part of your birthday surprise. Lucky to meet such great locals and I look forward to the possibility of bumping into you in town and when you return for another weekend escape. The family of eagles are here the same time every year. Cheers Margaret
Stockholm...
Huddinge
“One of the best B&Bs ever”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I have stayed at a lot of different places over the years and Margaret’s B&B is certainly one of the best ever. Right from the start, communication was fast and helpful. The property is at the top of a large hill, with beautiful views, sunrises and sunsets. Margaret’s amazing sculptures are placed throughout the garden, we were free to wander around and enjoy her artwork, small buildings and the chicken house.

Margaret’s house is simply amazing, beautifully constructed from recycled materials. The bedrooms are comfortable and lovingly decorated. Detail to attention is seen in every room and in Margaret’s interaction with guests. She is a wonderful and caring host, who suggested interesting places to visit and gave us a guided tour of her house. Breakfast was delicious!

Thank you for such great accomodation!

6 Feb 2018
Thank you so much Kathy for your glowing review. I really enjoyed yours and Jills company. You show such excitement for life. You were delightful to host and I hope you return one day again on one of your annual holidays from Sweden.
BernieB19...
Canberra, Australia
“Great comfort and amazing views of the Australian rural landscape”
Reviewed 31 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The comfort and solitude of the accommodation, together with the wonderful outlook over the bush landscape, had us hooked from the start. And our host, Margaret, was so friendly and welcoming. We'll be back.

Your age range 65+
1 Feb 2018
Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to host you both. I hope you do return and experience this place in the cooler months.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing