“Just how motels used to be”

Belvoir Village Motel & Apartments
Belvoir Village Motel & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Wodonga
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A happy smiling face greeted me after a long drive to Wodonga. Checking was simple and advice on local dining was welcomed. Off to a clean, spacious and surprisingly quite room. Good gas heating, nice bed what more does the traveller need. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grumpy_Old_Traveler
There are newer reviews for Belvoir Village Motel & Apartments

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for a week on business in the motel section. Was initially concerned that being so close to the road meant there would be a lot of traffic noise but am happy to report no such problem. The owners are such lovely people, I was made to feel so welcome and they were so very helpful. (Also make fantastic poached eggs!) Warm room, comfortable bed and plenty of hot water. My only problem was that the air/con heater was quite noisy, but I'd rather be warm and awake than freezing and awake any day. The restaurant across the road charges meals back to the room - very handy - and offers well priced and delicious meals. I would happily stay at the Belvoir again and recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J G
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed on trip to Melbourne from Sydney. It is a pretty standard motel in the low-rise industrial area of Wodonga. It's a short drive (5 mins) to shops and take away restaurants etc. We stayed as a family in a 2 bedroom and found it adequate. The night was cold and the air conditioner didn't work very well, whilst the gas heater didn't work at all so the night was pretty long and cold. The kitchenette is a sink and microwave, very little else e.g. No bowls, plates etc. For almost $200 for the night I'd expect a little more but it is what it is. On the plus side, it is very close to the entry back on to the freeway, for a quick getaway.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A travelling companion and I stayed here on our outward journey to Victoria. A lovely two room apartment. The owner was lovely, warm welcoming with helpful meal tips for tired travelers close by. When we were on our way back we thought to break our trip here again. Same apartment, same warm welcome. We stayed in apartment 12. Edwards Tavern across the road ideal for reasonably priced and huge portions.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Southborolass
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at the Belvoir Village for three nights in February 2014. I've stayed in many regional motels in Australia and found this one a pleasant surprise on a number of fronts.

The room was huge, for a start, and well-appointed for basic cooking with a kitchen sink and microwave. This was very useful. The private courtyard was an unexpected bonus and very pleasant for an al fresco dinner one evening.

The bathroom was great and also very large. Air conditioning worked fine and the bed was comfortable. The only downside as far as the room was concerned was the couch in the room was so incredibly uncomfortable. It had seen better days, and those days were a long time ago.

Despite the proximity to one of the exits from the freeway I was surprised at how quiet the place was at night.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrahaminAdelaide
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Not a pleasant stay. Experienced cold showers. Owners accused and charged me of breaking a bed which I am currently disputing. Owner threatened to throw our belongings out on the street if bed was not paid for. Very unprofessional in this situation and I am taking this further. I will never stay at this motel again and I recommend others to completely check out your room prior to settling in in order to avoid being falsely accused of things you haven't done. All I can say is Beware!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Annette U
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Belvoir Village while visiting the area for Opera in the Alps at Beechworth. The rooms were huge, well appointed and spotlessly clean. They have a little courtyard out the back which opens out to a small pool. We will definitely return. There was also a great bistro just across/down the road where we had dinner. We arrived late to town and we decided to check it out. The service was great. The chef was tall, intelligent and very hospitable. He even catered for gluten free without a blink. Oh yeah, and the food was fresh and tasty.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CeeGeeCool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wodonga
Motel 24
#7 of 8 in Wodonga
Murray Valley Motel
Murray Valley Motel
#4 of 8 in Wodonga

Been to Belvoir Village Motel & Apartments? Share your experiences!