“Punching above its weight”

Best Western Stagecoach Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wodonga
Melbourne, Australia
“Punching above its weight”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Been staying here on and off now the past 9 years and this has to be one of the cleanest and well maintained motels I stay in. The owners are forever upgrading the rooms and the service is always friendly and efficient. Topped off by free fast wifi this truly is an excellent establishment.

• Stayed March 2013
bwstagecoach, Owner at Best Western Stagecoach Motel, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Hello RR3941
Thank you for your review! Great to hear you are happy with your stay and appreciate that you recognise improvements we have to our property.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Damien & Louise Robinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a great motel. I choose this place to stay when I need to stay in Wodonga. (This is my 3rd visit) Extremely clean.Modern and crisp furnishings and bedding. Comfortable Q/S bed. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners. I havent rated the restuarant purely because I havent used it due to planned dining with friends elsewhere. However the menu sounds good with normal restaurant prices. Have had breakfast previously which was good and reasonable priced. Not sure of what other prices are around but it cost me $130 for 2 adults a night which I was happy to pay for the room I had. I believe there is a package deal with breakfast but I didnt use it this time but have previously. It is not far off the freeway and only 5 min drive from wodonga centre and shopping centres. Close to freeway to get to Albury.

Room Tip: I can reccommend the Q/S executive rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
bwstagecoach, Owner at Best Western Stagecoach Motel, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Wendy W, Thank you for your review and happy to see you had another enjoyable stay at our motel. We are always trying to make our guest's stay as comfortable as possible and welcome your feedback. Look forward to seeing you again!

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

this motel is setin an industry area u dont get the noise but not in an attractive area it would have been nice to be greeted by a fiendly face no smile just wanted the booking detils & then nohing not even where our room was room ok bit expensive as it is basic, bathroom was good roomy & clean but
toilet didnt flush properly & wasted water having to continually flush it , pillows & bed hard better sleeping on floor, if u want to eat out fantastic thai resturant thai kitchen high st about 5 min drive from motel it had theflavour &was one of the best ones i have tasted in awhile ,as far as motel probarly wont stay again

• Stayed January 2013
bwstagecoach, Owner at Best Western Stagecoach Motel, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
donna d, thank you for your review and bringing to our attention some areas of our accommodation you were not happy with. We are not located right in the high street but only 2 minute drive from this area. Yes the Thai restaurants in our town are very good and there are many dining options in High Street as well as other taverns and cafes located very close to our motel.

Damien & Lousie Robinson
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Its on the Old Highway so handy for the interstate trip without the traffic noise. Clean and well maintained it makes a good family stay. A bit over priced, but we were on the road at Christmas and most of the motels were. Will stay here when next travelling through

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
bwstagecoach, Owner at Best Western Stagecoach Motel, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Hello Grumpy_old_Traveler

Great to hear from you and that you enjoyed your stay with us.Look forward to seeing you again when travelling through sunny Wodonga!

Damien & Louise
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 December 2012

In my last visit to Wodonga the owners were away and they had locum staff in. They were still great service, knew the area, made us very welcome, and let us arrive early and leave late. They could nt had been more helpful about what to do in the area, where was good to eat. The room was spotless, the air-conditioning worked- it was simply great value for the very reasonable price.

Room Tip: They are all good. The family room is great if you three adults (we used this some time ago when tr...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
bwstagecoach, Owner at Best Western Stagecoach Motel, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Hello glts

Very happy you enjoyed your stay at the BEST WESTERN Stagecoach Motel. Our relief Managers, Kevin and Lisa, are very friendly and from the local area with a great knowledge of places to go and see! Will pass on your commnets to them and hope to see you again when in the North East.

Murray River
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The motel was convenient to the tennis tournament with a great friendly environment.Kids loved the pool.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

bwstagecoach, Owner at Best Western Stagecoach Motel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you mid418 for your comments. Happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our location to the Wodonga Tennis Courts. Hope to see you again next competition.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stay in Wodonga quite a few times every year for work. I generally stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites Blazing Stump, however I find that place has little to no phone reception. I decided to change it up this time, and booked a room at the Best Western Stagecoach. My night was pleasant enough, friendly staff, average room, comfortable bed, great (but expensive) room service. The next morning after brushing my teeth, I reached for the hand towel. I picked it up and felt something on the back, turned out to be a giant, brown, crusty stain. I was absolutely disgusted, I was seconds away from drying my MOUTH with that towel. The worst bit is, I touched it. I am now a person that has touched somebody elses feces. I immediately wanted to have another shower, however that bought in to question every other towel in the room. I picked up the hand-towel with a plastic bag and took it to reception and absolutely LOST IT at the receptionist. To her credit, she was fantastic. She apologised, said she didn't know how it could have happened and that she'd be having a word to the housekeeping staff to ensure it didn't happen again. I understand that every now and then things slip through the cracks, but this is absolutely unacceptable. I'll be staying back at Blazing Stump next time, and I recommend that you do the same.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt F
bwstagecoach, Owner at Best Western Stagecoach Motel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Matt F

I have just returned from my annual vacation I would like to respond to your comments. I agree this incident should not have occurred and I apologise for this oversight and the fact you had to endure such a shock. We do pride ourselves on providing clean facilities for our guests to enjoy but there is no excuse for a stained towel to be in the bathroom.

I was pleased to see our Relief Manager provided you with a discount to your room service meal, dealt with your complaint in a manner to your liking and that other areas of our accommodation was pleasant.

This in no way erases the incident and I apologise again.

I would like to speak to you personally regarding this matter and have left a message on your mobile telephone.

Yours sincerley

Louise Robinson
BEST WESTERN Stagecoach Motel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wodonga
Best Western Plus Hovell Tree Inn
#6 of 8 in Wodonga
Quality Resort Siesta
Quality Resort Siesta
#3 of 31 in Albury

Been to Best Western Stagecoach Motel? Share your experiences!