“A short stay at Ibis Styles Albany”
Review of Ibis Styles Albany

Ibis Styles Albany
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed just one night in Albany. If it had been more we'd probably have moved. This hotel is wedged between the busy Albany Highway and a just-as-busy back road. Too many sleep interuptions. I had the weirdest scrambled eggs for breakfast - very little flavour and the texture of ground cardboard! The evening meal was fine though. Good food and good value.

Room Tip: If you can't get a room in the middle row of units go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Robert O, General Manager at Ibis Styles Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thanks a lot for your review, as this will help us to improve in future. For future visits you can request a room located away from the highway and we will do our very best to allocate a room in a different section of the hotel. I have already spoken with our kitchen team about the eggs, and we are trying different methods of scrambled egg preparation, in smaller quantities, in order to improve the flavour. Thanks and we do hope to welcome you back. Bob Overend, General Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The room upstairs was very good with Foxtel TV (raining as usual in Albany so nothing else to do!) and balcony, tho the view was only of the Bowling Club. Not a problem tho.
The reception staff on the night of my arrival were very ordinary, with the Manager (?) smiling at me when he could see me waiting and then walking away. The woman at the desk was unhelpful and abrupt.
Room cleaning the first day was excellent, but the second day they appeared only to have made the bed. There were two filthy coffee cups left and the soap/shampoo were not replenished.
The second night I dined at the restaurant and it was excellent with quick service cheap food and unlimited salad buffet. I later realised that as a wedding was booked at 6.30 there were extra staff on duty and I was served promptly.
On the third night I went again and stood for several minutes while the bar attendant was gossiping with some travellers. She eventually asked a table service woman to seat me, which she did. I waited for at least 15 minutes and no one came near me! I left.
I wouldn't stay at this place again. The company obviously wants to run a 50 bedroom hotel/motel on a shoestring. Good service is essential at all times, and it was sadly lacking here.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms seem best♦
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wrodd99
Robert O, General Manager at Ibis Styles Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thanks a lot for the review comments following your recent stay. I have discussed these with our departments, and they are helpful in improving our guest services. I note that you had some very positive comments about your stay and hope you will re-consider staying with us again. I would appreciate the chance to welcome you back, to show what we can do. Please contact me directly to look after your arrangements, and giving us another try. Bob Overend, General Manager.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 December 2013

After a long travelling day from Perth - arrived to be told the hotel was full and my business colleague and I had to share a room - despite the booking for two rooms being made two weeks previously. The room was dirty and tired looking, the restaurant food poor - if you like chips and frozen peas you will be in heaven. When I asked for Hi-Lo milk for my tea I was told it wasn't used at the Ibis because it "goes off" - only full cream was available. The bar closed at 21.20 - and most of the wine on the wine list was unavailable.
I would not stay at this hotel again - and refused to spend a second night there.

Room Tip: So noisy - the room overlooks the main highway
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Babycatcher2013
Robert O, Manager at Ibis Styles Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your comments, and I have looked into the difficulties you experienced with us. Your reservation was indeed made for 2 rooms, but was mis-handled by our staff, and no additional room was available that night. The matter has been discussed with our staff, and I apologize for this error. I welcome you back to our property for a future stay and ask you to contact me directly to ensure proper accommodation, and a chance to make up for this stay.
Bob Overend, General Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Accommodation is ok but lacks basics like a waste paper bin in the room.

Prices of food and beverage are cheap and this reflects the quality. Brushetta comprised of more red onion than tomato. Ordered garlic prawns at 17.45 and waiter returned 10 min later to inform me the kitchen had run out. I ordered a medium rib eye and got it well done. Basics guys. Ibis took over the All Seasons but the restaurant is still as poor as it was under All Seasons.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jos C

Thank you for your comments regarding our restaurant and I have discussed these with our kitchen team. We take all guest comments seriously, as we endeavour to improve our services. Bob Overend, General Manager