“Another great stay”

My Place Colonial Accommodation
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Always very happy to stay at "My Place"
Rooms very comfortable. All necessary facilities. Friendly service. Great location. Good value.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this facility to anyone looking for accommodation in Albany.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Leyton Apartment, part of an old home recently upgraded beautifully by My Place, and just a short step across the road from the main apartments. Loved the old world touches, and the 4-poster bed ... but be warned, it almost needs a stepladder to climb in! A few touches had been overlooked but were quickly done once we asked, and the great assistance we received for a couple of business transactions requiring printing and the use of a fax were done in a friendly & helpful manner. It was so new the paint fumes were noticeable at first, but our hosts kindly provided us with a key to another apartment, should it become a problem with my husband's asthma (it wasn't needed). The position is very central and perfect to stroll to restaurants & shops. We would definitely stay again for another winter break.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay in Albany, lovely units and great value for money. We stayed for three nights in the detached, single storey unit, and it was really nice. Lots of room, clean, well appointed, with lounge area, kitchen, large bedroom with queen and single bed and an absolutely huge walk in wardrobe, separate toilet and shower (no bath). There is a new gas heater for cold nights and the location is very quiet. Very close to the main street, and convenient to walk around the old part of Albany, to restaurants or supermarket and the waterfront. Colette was extremely welcoming and carries a good range of pamphlets in reception - the guide to the historic area takes you on a very pleasant walk. There is also a laundry, separate to the units, which is clean and offers several washing machines and a large dryer as well as space to hang washing. The quality and price make it unbeatable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our stays at My Place Colonial Apartments are always enjoyable. The staff are so helpful and friendly and the rooms are always so clean, fresh and spacious. It's in a great location, only a short stroll into the heart of town or down to the entertainment centre and there are lots of fabulous restaurants nearby. Would totally recommend staying there. Its like a home away from home.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have family in Albany and have stayed in a few different places around town - we will be back to My Place. Very good size 1 bedroom apartment - more than suitable for us and our six month old. We also had use of the My Place high chair (which was very helpful :)) Nice and clean throughout and a great gas heater - which you need in Albany! Great location, easy walk to York street. Thank you - we will see you next time.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We recently spent 4 nights in the Morrison Cottage. We had four generations there from my mother who is in her eighties to three of her great grandchildren and had a wonderful time. The cottage was immaculate inside and the beds were of a high quality. Albany was cold and wet that week, but with great heating and plenty of quilts we didn't feel the cold. The children loved playing out in the garden and it was nice to have so much space. Only negative is the very steep driveway which took some getting used to and would not suit people who were not too mobile. We had such a great stay that my husband and I have already booked another stay in October. We highly recommend My Place Colonial to all travellers visiting Albany. Very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

From the time I booked on the internet until I regretfully left Albany, Colette and My Place provided a lesson in how to deliver an extremely helpful, quality service. The room was attractive, well ordered and clean. Everything I needed was there. The location is excellent - right in the centre of town and just a short walk from a number of good cafés/restaurants. The apartment I occupied was called a studio but it was spacious, with the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom separated from the living area. This was a revelation as I have occupied studio apartments which had all but the bathroom in one cramped open space. Also, I got good advice on restaurants and attractionsfrom the naturally friendly and effervescent, Colette. A real value for money experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple