Greenfield Farmstay
US$117
  • Restaurant
US$107
US$102
Ace Motor Inn(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
Hotels.com
Country Comfort Amity Motel Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$81
US$112
US$104
Agoda.com
Park Avenue Holiday Units(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$120
Agoda.com
Dog Rock Motel(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
Agoda.com
Emu Point Motel & Apartments(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
US$103
US$99
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Just spent last weekend in Albany at the Greenfield Farmstay... Had a Wonderful stay!!! Wish we stayed for longer....

We were looking for somewhere to stay in Albany while we visited family and I'm so happy that we came across this farmstay... Dave and Jeanette are the most welcoming and friendly owners and made us feel right at home. From the moment we pulled in the drive way we felt like we were with family.

The kids were excited about staying on the farm, the big hit for them was the kangaroos.. being able to bottle feed the orphan joeys made their weekend. The kindness and patience both Jeanette and Dave had for the kids was really was warming. It was like a visit to Granny and Pop's for the children.

The fresh warm bread brought downstairs to us in the mornings with homemade jams was delicious. There was also a good array of other options for the continental breakfast... And the walnut and date slice topped up each day, well that was too good to share with the kids

There is plenty of room for a family with multiple children, ours decided they wanted to bunk in with us and we had two full size fold out beds in the room with us and still had ample space to get around. The bedspreads are all lovingly made by Jeanette, it is so nice to see patchwork quilting still around as it's certainly not appreciated like it used to be. Some might feel the place is a little dated, but it was very homely, clean and cosy

In the kitchenette there is a full size fridge, a microwave, a two hotplate small oven unit, crockery and utensils.. even the plastic wrap (very handy for packing the slice when heading out on outing ) There is also a BBQ available to use out front of the accommodation.

The Accommodation is a B&B where you are sharing someone's home. The Hosts had the upstairs, guests downstairs, both with own access points as not to disturb the others. It was a good experience for the children to put in place; respect for other peoples belongings, politeness to their elders and maintaining an acceptable level of noise.. We were out both evenings until about 9pm and out of respect tried to keep our noise to a minimum when we were coming in. Luckily Dave and Jeanette are early risers and we didn't have to stress about our kids being too loud and waking them..

Even after we left they were still gracious hosts ringing to notify us we left behind toiletries and offering to post it to us... and tonight I received another call to let us know that the cow that we were hoping was going to calve while we were there, had just had her calf and it was a girl they named Jasmine after our daughter.. So we now have one VERY happy little girl..

Looking forward to returning..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MoniquePerth
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We have arrived in Albany on December 29 with our motorhome and no place to stay - months before all caravan parks were fully booked... By cruising around and looking for the site to stay overnight (and thinking where we can charge our phones and battery) we saw the sign "Greenfield Farm Stay" and I decided to try my luck. We drove in the nice quiet garden filled with flowers, feeling strait away the positive energy of the place, and I stepped through the sliding glass door (with TripAdvisor sticker on it) of the eco-looking house. Fresh apricots were laying on the table in preparation to be turned into jam. Cosy sofa, fireplace, dining table, huge flat LCD TV set... Soon the kind old lady greeted me, and I explained our situation. I've been leaded to the backyard where I saw the friendly dog (another good sign!), cat, kakadu and... two little kangaroos laying in the blanket pouches. Very quickly our problem was solved - we got a place in the garden behind the garage with electricity, water and even our own toilet (despite we had one in the motorhome, it was very useful!)! We were even invited to use the shower in the house. We had spent 9 wonderful starlit quiet nights by these amaisingly hospitable family, surrounded by fruit trees, sheeps, calves, "chooks" (chicken), kangaroos (there are 5 of them and you can cuddle them!), rabbits and birds, traveling by days to different beaches, nature sights, wineries and attractions around Albany - the location of the farm is just excellelent! We have even got a car from Dave to drive into the city (like for the New Year fireworks) - it's really just 5 min from the center and all shops. I have seen the guests roms - they are cosy and spotless clean. I just can imagine what a paradise it is for a family with kids from the city - a real nature retreat. Plus, Dave is a very good chatter with a lot of useful insider information about everything around and enthusiastic caretaker of a excellent collection of Jaguar oldtimer cars (he will even take you to the free tour around, if you're interested!) I really admire his energy and real Australian mateship spirit.
So, to cut it shot - highly recommendable for excellent vacations in Albany!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ElenaGlobalMind
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Thank you for a lovely time in Greenfield. We loved every minute staying there! Its somewhat cosy. The place is filled with so much love and positive energy. The warmth of your hospitality was great!Thanks. Will come again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank susan g
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We spent 4 days here in January 2012. Whilst down there, Albany experienced one of their hottest days, but it was still fairly cool at the farmstay. The two main bedrooms have lovely big windows looking onto the driveway and garden and it is a lovely view to wake up to. My husband and son especially looked forward to the freshly cooked bread every morning with the homemade jam. My daughter loved going out during the day and coming back to find that the biscuit jar was refilled with yummy homemade biscuits. Our dog was also made most welcome and the lovely hosts kept an eye on her when we had to leave her there when we were going somewhere we couldn't take her. This place is close to town and also close to the beautiful Frenchmans Bay and Goode Beach - our favourite places for swimming in Albany. My only concern is that we felt that out of politeness we tried to be quiet at night so as to not disturb the hosts - so perhaps if you want to rev out at night, this isn't the place for you, but if you want a relaxing homely type feel, then go for it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rmb0208
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My family and I stayed here in March 2011. I was in Albany for a seminar and we decided to make a weekend of it.
Albany is lovely and is so much better than I recalled it from my trips as a child.
The twon is growing and the surrounding areas are gorgeous.
The farmstay was perfectly fine for my family of 2 adults and 4 children. It was cute staying on a farmlet. The joeys were cute, the fresh bread was a nice touch. The bed was a little firm for mine but perfectly fine.
Teh shower - great idea with the towel warmer but I can be a bit fanatical about my showers and this shower was too low, too small and too little pressure. The kitchenette is not really made for cooking and sitting for meals is a bit ad hoc.
That said, it is a lovely spot. Considering it is barely 5 mins out of the town it is truly a quiet, rural location. I liked it so much I'd consider buying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family