“Really nice hostel, would stay again”

1849 Backpackers Hotel, Albany
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Really nice hostel with good atmosphere. Rooms are good, I was in a 4bed female dorm. Big recreation area with table tennis table. Located in centre of Albany pretty much. I was part of Aussie wander tour and we even got pancakes for breakfast which were excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1849Backpackers, Owner at 1849 Backpackers Hotel, Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Awesome you made the effort to write us a review Mona, thank you! So many people come to us to say they will but we understand that travelling is full of new moments and experiences, and it is hard to look back. We appreciate it!
I hope your Aussie Wanderer Tour went well after you left, you got to see some lovely areas I know. Glad the pancakes set you up for the day - we should start doing take-away pancakes as well :o)

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I simply loved it there. It was a really familiar athmosphere (especially with the fresh pancakes in the morning!). The rooms and the bathroom were clean and the rooms were really nice and colourful. In my opinion the nicest hostel in Western Australia!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1849Backpackers, Owner at 1849 Backpackers Hotel, Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2015

What a wonderful review Katherina, thank you for taking the time out to write about us!

Very happy you enjoyed the pancakes too. They are a great way to start every day, and we love making them as well.

Glad you enjoyed yourself with us, and thank you again for the accolade. We are working at being recognised as the very best, so your review helps us realise that right now we're winning the game :)

Safe travels, Danny and Paula

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I would recommend this hostel without a doubt! Its family run and really clean! The people who run this hostel are amazing! They're always there to help out and make you feel at home! :) I lived here from Oct until early March, I chose to stay here because there was a lovely vibe and you were always meeting new people. The pancakes in the morn are definitely a bonus, they're delicious :D All the hostel facilities are really good including the WiFi. There's plenty of room in the kitchen for cooking and lots places to chill out! The location is great, just a few min walk to the local IGA and of course Dan Murphy's! ;D No need to look anywhere else u wont b disappointed if u stay here. Albany's a beautiful place to see and definitely worth the visit! Thanks again guys for giving me a home away from home, hope to come back to visit in the future!! Kerry :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kezzer88

Hi Kerry, lovely reading your review :o) It was wonderful having you stay with us for so long too, you really are part of the 1849 family!
Hope all is still going well for you, and hope to see you back here one day. Have a great 2015, Danny and Paula

Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is an excellent backpackers:convenient, friendly, generous, hospitable. They even make pancakes in the morning. The staff are exceptional-helpful,accommodating,warm and considerate. the facilities are everything yoiu could ask for. this is a backpackers that deserves to be on the map. free wifi, parking on site. enterance 45 Peel street. Ph (08) 98421551 or 0450 179 977 Danny and Paula. www.facebook.com/1849backpackers. www.albanybackpackers.com.au

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the local cocktail bar to avoid the potential music
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1849Backpackers, Owner at 1849 Backpackers Hotel, Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Hello Patrick, we are very glad you had a great experience staying with us. The 'game' we are playing at 1849 Backpackers is to be the best Backpackers our guests have ever visited, and when we get lovely reviews like yours we feel we are winning this game. Thank you for your review.

I notice the website you provided isn't ours, but it's close. Our website is www.albanybackpackersaccommodation.com.au

Safe travels, Danny and Paula

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Just back from albany..stayed for 3 nights at this hostel...had a very pleasant stay! very clean,very freindly & heplful staff and awesome location!!!!!! will give it a seven star for its location!!!! will recommend it to everyone!!! the entrance of the hostel is very relaxing and very beautiful....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AJay1989

Thank you AJay, I apologise for not replying before this, I thought I had. WEe really appreciate that you took the time out to write us a review, and doubly so because you had such a good time. Have a great 2015! Danny and Paula

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have spend three nights in the 1849 backpackers in Albany and loved it! This is by far the best hostel I have seen so far through my travels through OZ! I stayed in a four-bed-girls dorm with three other Germans. The room was clean, had a wooden floor and high ceiling. Showers and rest rooms were also really clean. The kitchen was spacious and equipped with a dish washer :) and we enjoyed every morning homemade panncakes which were marvellous!!! The staff has been really friendly and extremely helpful with whatever question you had. I haven't seen that good customer service in Australia for a long time in a Hostel! Danny and Paula - YOU GUYS ROCK. Booking the accommodation was easy and even when I had to cancel my reservation over New Year, they still assisted me with questions! The hostel is located in the middle of the city centre, right where all the shops are and about 300 meters away from the TransWa busstop at the visitor centre! Not to mention that dog Sam and cat Max are the first to welcome you in the hostel! Albany itself is a beautiful city but you definitly need a car to get around because tours a way too expensive and you will see with a car (even a hired one, e.g. Amity Motors Car Rental for $55 per day) much more in a shorter time. I loved my stay in the backpackers and have already recommend it to friends and family! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for such a lovely and detailed review, sorry I didn't reply before, I really thought I had!

We appreciate you taking the time out to write this, and passing on ideas and thoughts to other travellers. Very happy too that you had such a lovely time with us, its what we all aim for :)
Have a magical 2015, Danny and Paula

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have stayed in many hostels throughout europe and oz, and this place was by far the best.. the atmosphere is secong to none and they have the friendliest staff.. free wi-fi and the breakfasts were a great bonus (make sure your up and awake for the pancakes). Nice lounge room with a good tv and plenty of books and board game entertainment. Ill have to make sure my travels cross this place again, loved every minute of the stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo