“Great food, good wines and good service”

Motel Le Grande Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 133 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Were staying at the Le Grande for the first time on our weekend getaway from Perth, and decided to try their restaurant. The feel was semi formal, the larger tables were flash with white table cloths and formal setting and the smaller tables were less formal, cafe style. Complimentary Bread was presented to the table without ordering it ( great start) and we were given menus and specials board. We both ordered minestrone for starters and beef medallions for mains. My wife requested her beef well done and mine medium, both were cooked to perfection. Our desert was large enought to share and was also very delicious . As a armature wine buff, I noticed small wine glasses on the table but their wine menu featured some recognizable pleasant drops. I ordered a bottle of Plantegent 2007 cab sav and the price was very reasonable. The wine was accompanied by two more suitable wine glasses of which we advised that we only require one as I'm the only one drinking. All went well and we enjoyed our experience .
The only comment I would make is that they dress all the tables with white table cloths and replaceable white paper toppers (will reduce costs). I would print new menus but not change the selection, the current ones look tied and well used, and have more wines available by the glass.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Joe always makes us feel very welcome with his friendly relaxed manner. We love going here for dinner. They also make the BEST bread in Albany to start the meal with. The only problem is that it is so good I could eat a mountain of it and have no room for the meal itself. It is always so hard choosing what to eat because it is all great. We have been here many times for dinner as well as attending functions and wedding receptions. We had my husbands 50th birthday here and even stayed here the night of our own wedding. Nothing is ever too much trouble for Joe and his staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Joe Lembo who owns Le Grande always picks out a great shiraz for us to have with our meal.We go there at LEAST once a month to spoil ourselves and to for Joe to bring out his great knowledge of wine
.We go there for great customer service and to have our "Date Night" knowing that the tables are'nt to close and that we will be guarenteed of a great meal every time.And its just not us, Le Grande is quite often booked out for the resteraunt so we have to book a week in advance.

Ask Anyone in Albany..Great Value Service and Wine

2  Thank kezza34
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Ask Joe, the owner for the local wine list. He always has a secret treasure hidden out back.
Great food at great prices.
All the times I have eaten here I have never had a bad meal, good variety on the menu.
Have eaten here about 12 times now.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Went to the restaurant with two small children and four adults. The food was excellent, well priced and the staff could not have been more helpful. Would absolutely recommend this restaurant. Obviously popular as it was quite full and only a Tuesday night. You do need to drive out of town a little, but it is worthwhile.