“Dinner review”

Ranked #52 of 133 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

23rd November16 people, friends & family had dinner at the Le Grand to celebrate my 70th birthday. The actual date was the 19th & Josh's b/day was on the 23rd November.
It was the best restaurant choice we could have made, My daughter had a special DVD made up for the occasion & everything was set up before our arrival. Management put themselves out to ensure the evening went without a hitch.
As for the food --- every presented meal was large & we were in for a treat, the flavour's of each order was so good it was like a tasting bonanza, trying each others meals & entree's. There were lots of oo's & r's. The wait staff were very professional & were just fantastic. As for the Chef you excelled & I thank you so much for the lovely B/day cake you baked especially for me. There was a Xmas party in the main dinning/rm & they had dispersed by the time we were ready to leave, we stayed till late. David & I couldn't thank Joe enough for his hospitality, service, & food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank moondah38

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

When you go to a motel in order to be close to the airport then a really good restaurant is a real surprise. We had the specials (hapuka) and it was plentiful and delicious accompanied by a delicious salad and pumpkin. Enjoy!

2  Thank cekips
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Joe & Nancy provide and a great setting and alway accommodating. Excellent food, wines and just old fashioned hospitality with every service. We will always stay there with work and friends. Great local produce. Love it.

1  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Brilliant all round , When we come in off the farm , Joe and family are welcoming and accommodating
and the food room service is brilliant ..
Cheers Mal and Marie

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Were staying at the Le Grande for the first time on our weekend getaway from Perth, and decided to try their restaurant. The feel was semi formal, the larger tables were flash with white table cloths and formal setting and the smaller tables were less formal, cafe style. Complimentary Bread was presented to the table without ordering it ( great start) and we were given menus and specials board. We both ordered minestrone for starters and beef medallions for mains. My wife requested her beef well done and mine medium, both were cooked to perfection. Our desert was large enought to share and was also very delicious . As a armature wine buff, I noticed small wine glasses on the table but their wine menu featured some recognizable pleasant drops. I ordered a bottle of Plantegent 2007 cab sav and the price was very reasonable. The wine was accompanied by two more suitable wine glasses of which we advised that we only require one as I'm the only one drinking. All went well and we enjoyed our experience .
The only comment I would make is that they dress all the tables with white table cloths and replaceable white paper toppers (will reduce costs). I would print new menus but not change the selection, the current ones look tied and well used, and have more wines available by the glass.