“awesome”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Albany
kwinana
“awesome”
Reviewed 13 May 2008

well i stayed at the dog rock motel for aprox 3 to 4 months while working down there and found it great the owners and staff very helpful and friendly who cant help you enough beds were very comfortable and every thing was extremly clean . i have no problem in recomending the motel to any one .

reguards glenn adams

• Liked — every thing
  • Disliked — nothing it was all good
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bigbear7Kwinana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
England
Reviewed 11 May 2008

This place was recommended by the local Tourist Information office in Albany. They called and secured the room booking for us but I noted that they were insistent that we were given one of the recently refurbed rooms.

We paid AU$135 for the room which is about $15 more than we've paid in other similar establishements around this part of WA.

The room was very nice and worth the extra I would say. There is plenty of space and the 1st floor rooms have a balcony with a view of Albany over Dog Rock. The shops are within easy walk if needed too.

All of the furnishings are brand new and the decor would be described as modern and crisp. A nice new suede sofa in front of the flatscreen tv and new kingsize bed are included. There is a small kitchin type area equiped with a fridge, toaster, coffee cups but bizarrely, no plates or cutlery!

All in all, a good choice of place to stay, if you can get one of the refurbished rooms that are upstairs with balcony.

• Liked — Nice rooms.
  • Disliked — Price is above average.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank rtwexplorer
Perth
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Recently travelled to Albany on business Dog Rock Motel was great. We stayed in the deluxe rooms which have been recently renovated. Beds very comfortable. Restaurant was of a high standard. I would recommend to the business traveller

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Brenda99
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I stayed at the Hotel for two nights and had originally booked longer but my back was telling me “Get out!”
It was reminiscent of the film “Poltergeist” it wanted me to save it! The double bed was an absolute shocker!

I understand that this hotel is undergoing some refurbishment although I do not see any evidence of it during my stay. Ironically at dinner one night, at a local restaurant, I spotted a brochure advertising the hotel. I thought to myself, ”what room is that? I need to be in that one!” The brochure showed this great looking room..
Alas I never found "that room" and left the facility as soon as I could.

The room I stayed in was very generous in size, similarly in 70’s kitsch décor.
Three types of brown tiles in the bathroom each more ugly than the other!
A window in the bathroom was never bricked over when construction had undated the facility long ago. So the window looks into blackness.

Paintwork, carpet and general cleanliness was very good. New carpet was nice ..but please.. I did not need the flickering fluoro fittings on mass or the very loud A/C.

I think ultimately the thing that I did not like was the price. At AUD$128.00 it was far to high, even for peak season.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Going there
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business