“Made for a great Southbound experience!”

Bussleton Backpackers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Busselton
Bussleton Backpackers
Perth, Australia
“Made for a great Southbound experience!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Sam let us set up camp in his beautiful backyard. Lovely and peaceful with a couple of great trees to keep us shady in the heat! Sam, the owner, was great and made a fun weekend even better. Thanks so much for having us!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2012

When I arrived the Hostel in Busselton I was nearly bust and I ask the manager if he knows s.th. about job-opportunities and two days later I had a farm job. First I checked in for some days and after I extended to one week and longer and even at this time he gave me the weekly rate instead to charge me for every single day till the next “real” week began. Is the place dirty? Well, it is so dirty as we (the backpackers) keep it clean. If nobody clean the dishes after using then there are more and more dirty dishes, if we party to much and don’t trough our bottles in the bin then there are bottels everywhere . Are there mice? During the time when I have been there I saw no mice but I can imagine if there are everywhere unwashed dishes and open chips pack etc. that every mouse say welcome to the paradise. Is he rude? He becomes rude when more and more unwashed dishes from the backpackers are everywhere or if drunken people trash s.th. in the hostel. But honestly who would not become rude in such of these cases. During my time I recognized Sam as a helpful person with a sympathetic ear. Last but not least this is the first hostel where you can find single beds in a dorm room. This was so awesome

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Avoid avoid avoid!!! It's an overcrowded house which we were sharing with mice and ants... One female and male bathroom shared between about 20 people! Sam is as ignorant as they come and his friends not much better. On our last night they arrived uninvited and verbally and racially abused all staying in the hostel. We were made feel like unwelcome guests and when we told him we were leaving he started cursing at us. Was such a relief to leave!!!

• Stayed June 2011
7 Thank SuzieC27

Travellers are raving about these Busselton hotels

Broome, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My friends and I stayed for what we thought would be the down south experience, friendly people, everything fresh and clean, great service etc.....! Now what we got was Sam 'THE OWNER' which was this rude aggressive little stroppy p**** to whom made us feel [his clients] we were a complete inconvenience by being there how dare we ask anything or even cook in his 1980s run down "kitchen" which was filled with rodents... The whole place is completely run down, I swear I slept on the same bed with the same linen in 1986 at my school camp. This guy is a joke! Ah and get this for all to see where he spends his ca$h on the BMW and the BOOZE.... Please ALL PEOPLE AVOID THIS PLACE AND SEND THE P**** OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!! LORD KNOWS HE DOES NOT DESERVE ONE!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank lukasfinn
Perth
Reviewed 30 August 2010

WORST backpackers you can find. We stayed for 4 months and done sone pruning work. When we were getting ready to leave the owner promised us more work if we stayed. We waited a further 3 weeks and after paying rent in advance he told us sorry but i am giving the work to the new people that have arrived today instead since you had work!!!!!!! The first room we were checked into had mould growign up the curtains and along the window ledge, it also had a broken window. After complaining to the owner he was very reluctant but eventually moved us rooms. The hostel is disgusting, there are ants everywhere, mice in the rooms and kitchen cupboards. The people staying are not much nicer, they are very inconsiderate with the noise levels and keep you awake most nights. The owner is never around and didint even bother to come check us in, instead we had to ask someone who was staying at the hostel where we were to sleep. I would NEVER recommend this hostel to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank toati
Perth, WA
Reviewed 24 March 2008

The hostel was dissapointing to say the least. With only one hostel to choose from, our options were limited. We were using this as a base for diving on the Swan and Busselton Jetty, which meant some early morning starts of 7.30am. We were hoping to get a decent night sleep, which unfortunalely due to the lack of consideration from both the owner and other guests this was not possible.

If your looking for a cheap place to stay, with basic amenities and you're not requiring a good sleep, this is an 'ok' place to stay. However, I would not recommend this place, and would suggest other caravan parks and camping options.

5 Thank marfPerth_WA