“Rude staff”

Bussleton Backpackers
Bussleton Backpackers
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I didn't actually end up staying at this hostel but I did speak to the owner regarding work and he was EXTREMELY rude and clearly couldn't be bothered talking to me. My friends also had a bad experience with him when asking about work, they said he was very unhelpful and told them they might as well go home now-clearly didn't want their money for a room!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank AussieLove1

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed 8 nights. Big positive point: It's clean (kitchen, bathrooms, toilets, floors and tables are cleaned every weekday). Great outside area with tables and benches, couch, barbecue and pizza oven!
Ok, sometimes Sam wasn't here when new people arrived but he always appeared somewhen.
Quiet during nights except on Friday evening ^_^ ,our fault, sorry. Made some friends, enjoyed feeding the kittens. Beach 7min, Coles, Woolworth or Supa Iga 5min, kangaroos every evening 1 min! (By walk)
Owner weird and friendly ;)

Room Tip: The dormitory next to the men toilet and showers is the quieter room, I think, because it's the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Sams Backpackers has it all. For Long term, short term or if your just passing through Busselton you can't beat Sam backpackers. A friendly Atmosphere sets the tone for a great stay. Located 5 minutes walk to the city center its central location and value for money accommodation is a must for all travelers. Daily cleaning by staff members keeps the hostel clean and tidy. Free Fresh farm eggs, Sams signature pizza nights and Free unlimited WiFi are added bonuses. Recommended to all.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Brilliant backpackers sam is a really cool guy hooked us up with a couple of rooms when everything else was booked in busselton plus sorted us out with some cheap southbound tickets cheers sam would deffentley come stay again.all the people staying there were also really down to earth real people which made the weekend stress free and fun

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Sam let us set up camp in his beautiful backyard. Lovely and peaceful with a couple of great trees to keep us shady in the heat! Sam, the owner, was great and made a fun weekend even better. Thanks so much for having us!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2012

When I arrived the Hostel in Busselton I was nearly bust and I ask the manager if he knows s.th. about job-opportunities and two days later I had a farm job. First I checked in for some days and after I extended to one week and longer and even at this time he gave me the weekly rate instead to charge me for every single day till the next “real” week began. Is the place dirty? Well, it is so dirty as we (the backpackers) keep it clean. If nobody clean the dishes after using then there are more and more dirty dishes, if we party to much and don’t trough our bottles in the bin then there are bottels everywhere . Are there mice? During the time when I have been there I saw no mice but I can imagine if there are everywhere unwashed dishes and open chips pack etc. that every mouse say welcome to the paradise. Is he rude? He becomes rude when more and more unwashed dishes from the backpackers are everywhere or if drunken people trash s.th. in the hostel. But honestly who would not become rude in such of these cases. During my time I recognized Sam as a helpful person with a sympathetic ear. Last but not least this is the first hostel where you can find single beds in a dorm room. This was so awesome

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Avoid avoid avoid!!! It's an overcrowded house which we were sharing with mice and ants... One female and male bathroom shared between about 20 people! Sam is as ignorant as they come and his friends not much better. On our last night they arrived uninvited and verbally and racially abused all staying in the hostel. We were made feel like unwelcome guests and when we told him we were leaving he started cursing at us. Was such a relief to leave!!!

• Stayed: June 2011