“We stayed on the new extension”
Review of Restawile Motel

and 1 more site!
Restawile Motel
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Singapore, Singapore
“We stayed on the new extension”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

It's easily spotted on Bussell Highway. We didn't make any booking in advanced so we just walked in to check out the room for the overnight stay. The AU$65/night rooms were taken up so the owner offered us the AU$75/night on the new extension. No regret for the extra 10 bucks cos the room is very new and clean. We were very satisfied with the stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ryokosha22

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I recently stayed in this motel with my family. Very economical and comfy. I got what I paid for, and I am very satisfied. City center and famous Busselton Jetty is at less than 10 minutes drive.
Room has a refrigerator, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities. In future, if I don't get an apartment with kitchen, I'll prefer to stay in Restawile.
The only negative point (which is minor), pool was not clean and warm.

Overall: Satisfied :)

Cheers

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Lovely service from staff but run down and outdated decor, in need of a paint. There was hot water and a new flatscreen tv. Generally clean surfaces but cockroaches galore... I can't say we will be back.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Renae W

Travellers are raving about these Busselton hotels

Busselton, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Chose this motel last minute a couple of times. It was very dated, I'm sure my nan would love it. The walls were so thin you can hear every movement of the neighbours. The shower did not stay hot for more than two minute. First time we stayed in the $85 room this was fine the above still applied. Second time stayed in the $65 room for two nights. Once again above applies but there was only a microwave to cook with. The swimming pool was clean minus a few dead bugs. You get what you pay for but the service was great! Very helpful. I think just put abit of money in to the rooms and we would return again and again.

• Stayed March 2014
Warmun, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Friendly receptionist.
Clean, large room in good condition. Old school decor. Comfortable beds. (Slight musty/ 'wet sock' smell.)
Quiet overnight.
Good sized pool.

Only issues:
Hot water in shower seemed to run out after less than 2 min.
Mugs in kitchenette not clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

It pains me to write this review as I have stayed at this place 3 times prior to this visit. I will always try to equal out negative comments with positive....so lets begin:
We arrived to be notice building works happening on the site & was met at the desk by the very cheerful & helpful Roland. Roland explained they were having 8 new units & a convenience store built at this time - I noticed the units had all been painted since the last time we had stayed (4 years prior) and this gave me the (false) impression they had upgraded everything from our last stay...but as we pulled up we started to fear the worst. The fly screen door wouldn't close properly, and as we opened our door to our room we noticed a very old, outdated room that was in drastic need of a redecorate & proper clean. The old style wooden panelled walls looked tired...the shower & toilet floor looked dirty and aged....our extractor fan made such a din we had to shower with it switched off. We struggled to open the fridge due to the positioning of an oversize dining room table. The bed was sagging due to aging. But the positives were that the shower was nice and hot and powerful. The tv & dvd player was fairly new. The fridge was nice and cold. The microwave was clean & in good working order...and the price - $80 per night....so I am trying to make this a constructive review rather than moaning. It is that age old saying...you get what you pay for....BUT little things like the pool (which by the way was lovely, clean & refreshing) was surrounded by dried long grass that hadn't seen a mower or sprinkler in ages, and made walking or lying on it uncomfortable - please, if your going to tidy up the exterior by painting the units then a bit of gardening goes a long way. Back to the positives - the new units look lovely (Roland explained they have been severely let down but contractors but hope to complete in 3-4 weeks) and one would hope that once they are finished they will then strive to work on upgrading the old rundown units.
To close I will say this. If I was coming down on my own for work or just some "me" time then I wouldn't hesitate to stay here as it is functional & cheap....but sadly if it's with my wife then we'll have to stay somewhere else as she didn't sleep well and didn't even want to stay the 2nd night that we were booked in for (but she did after some persuasion).
I hope they can do something to save this lovely little motel....Both Roland & Pamela have a lot on their hands to get this back to how it needs to be...and if they do we will be back :)
I have to add that we travelled with my in laws and their room, although still slightly outdated, was much nicer and if we had been in that room this review would possibly been a lot more positive.

Room Tip: Room 16 seemed nicer than our one
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BennoDeal_Kent
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed here only for 1 night in January. We only needed a basic place for shower and sleep. We arrived early at 1pm and check-in time was 2pm. The lovely lady at reception saw us pull up as she was heading off somewhere. But she got out of her car and came to let us check in.

The motel is old and tired from the outside. But the room we had - a queen - was clean, neat and tidy. The shower was large with great water pressure. There is a melamine single door cupboard (with shelves and hanging space but no hangers) in the bathroom. Towels, bath mats, soaps and linen are provided. Plates, cereal bowls, mugs, glasses, toaster, kettle and cutlery are also provided. There is also a small table with two chairs in the room.

There is a pool at the motel but no shade, so only good for a quick dip and it shuts at 7:30pm. We didn't use it so not sure what water temp is like.

Overall if you need a place for sleep and shower, it is great value for money; we paid $85 for the night. We would definitely come back again as it fulfil our needs. But for longer stay, you may wish to reconsider as the walls are paper thin. We were woken up at the crack of dawn by the children next door turning the TV on at top volume! We thought someone switched our TV on!!! You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for room with no one next to you as walls are very thin.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple