“Nice and Simple”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Broome, Australia
“Nice and Simple”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Practical little hotel/restaurant. Comfortable and affordable. Food was nice and not too pricey. Lovely views from outside. Good place for a family dinner or accomodation. Staff a lovely and helpful. Nothing spectacular, but nothing below average. Was my first trip to Busselton, next time I might try some of the other accomodation on offer, not becaus of a bad experience, simply the lack of the WOW factor.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear bmegrri88,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay at the Resort and we are glad that you found it to be comfortable and affordable. We do pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort so for you to say that it is great for a family is fantastic to hear.

It is also refreshing to hear that you had pleasant dealings with out staff and the onsite restaurant and I will be sure to pass these comments on.

Hope to see you back one day soon.

Tracy Low - Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed three nights at the Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton in August whilst on Business; the room was large and had a very comfortable king size bed, the bathroom was well lit and roomy with a little spa bath as well, although only a small shelf was fitted above the basin that didn’t support much stuff. There was also a small kitchen area with only the basics provided, and no conventional oven. Nice big TV with Foxtel as well in front of a comfortable lounge. The hotel is well located on the beachfront and within easy walking distance of the local shops that also feature a food court as well. However the resort is still a fair way from the actual town centre and the availability of Taxis at night could be an issue. However the in-house restaurant is quiet good and was well patronised each night I was there, and recommended or it’s a trip to town. Overall however the resort is starting to show its age and needs a bit of a face lift, before it slips behind the other newer establishments nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear PaulLisa20,

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay at the Broadwater Resort and I am glad that you have enjoyed the room and facilities that we have on offer.

I have noted your feedback with regards to the bathroom shelving as this may be something we can address when we are doing some other work in the bathroom upgrades over upcoming months.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I booked for 2 days, 1 night in August and after reading some reviews here I was a little worried I must say. From the outside it was looking a little aged but once I was stepped foot in the doors I was greeted by a very helpful receptionist and the room had everything you could want or need for a long stay. I was in the beachfront apartment with 2 rooms and 2 king beds. Everything was neat and well presented, foxtel channels were a bonus and had a nice little spa bath. All the pools were clean and the indoor one was warm although I opted to crinkle up in the heated spa for a few hours, it was GREAT!

The only negative thing I would have to say about this place was that the game room demanded a pocket full of $2 coins... would have been cool to have that included in the price!

But overall the room was cheap and staff were great, I would definitely come back again :)

Lee

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Lee S

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Resort and the facilities on offer. I will also pass on your positive comments about our Reception staff to the lady who greeted you.

With regards to the Games Room, this is outsourced so a cost is involved in order to play the games as they are not owned by the Resort, however I am sure you will agree they do provide a great activity for the kids to keep them entertained.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Tracy Low
Reviewed 29 July 2013

stayed here for two nights in July and we brought the two nights as a special ,the rooms are clean and quite big but that's were it stops .they are out dated and tired they need some money spent on them, the bar area is good but u cant book your drinks back to your room, the restaurant is overpriced and the service we received was very poor. the location is good right on the beach but a fair way out of town ,so if you want a night out taxis are hard to get and not cheap. rooms ok but over priced wouldn't stay again

Room Tip: this is hotel is more for family's and not couples
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very good location. The room very good, heaps of space just a little tired but good value. There was a problem with our booking but the staff sorted it out promptly. Bar and restaurant where good again with excellent staff. Would certainly stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear HFP_13

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback of your recent stay and we certainly appreciate that you enjoyed your time with us and your willingness to return.

I am very pleased to see that the staff have assisted you with an issue regarding your booking and that your dealings with all of the Team throughout the Resort was noted as being pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I booked this Resort as a family member who had stayed there a couple times suggested it to me and it was the cheapest offer i could find at the time. You definately get what you pay for. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment looking out to the pool on the ground floor. I was hoping to get away and be able to relax and feel like i was somewhere more special than my own bedroom.The room was horribly outdated and old looking, the TV channels were a joke and the reception was not great so it was not enjoyable to even sit and watch TV. The resort provided broadband does not work in the rooms and I could not get coverage on my phone either (Vodafone) so had no internet access whilst there. Staying on the ground floor means you get the noise from the above room, I could them going toilet and using the shower. The size was adequete and we had an awesome double size spa bath, which was about the only perk to the room. I stayed there with my 4yr old and 1yr old and had the worst possible night ever!! As it was winter i had the heater turned up to keep both the room and lounge warm but the super old unit was above the bed and made the air very very dry which would cse the 3 of us to have coughing fits and get sore, dry throats so i would get up to turn the heater down but then we would wake up cold. My kids woke up every hour coughing or crying for the first half of the night then every couple hours for the rest of it. I was suppose to stay a second night but rung reception (who were great, friendly and awesome to deal with) as soon as possible and had my second night refunded and checked-out. I would definately never return to this resort, worst experience ever!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Ash P

Thank you for your comments and feedback and I am personally very disappointed to hear that you have decided that you won't return to the resort.

I am surprised to hear that you had limited tv channels and tv reception as we do have the full digital television access, plus we have several foxtel channels available also. We certainly could have had someone check your tv if you experienced problems with the reception to ensure that this was in good working order.

We have internet access available currently from Reception and are looking into options of providing this in our guest rooms also. Unfortunately Vodafone does not have good network in many areas, the other providers such as Telstra and Optus however have a very good coverage.

I am sorry to hear that your children had such a difficult time sleeping with the heater turned on, it is extremely cold down here over these winter months and the heater being on is required. I can tell you that as part of our upgrades, as we replace old heating units we are relocating them to the living area where they will be able to warm the bedroom also.

If you do decide to return, feel free to contact me directly and I will assist you with your booking and a discounted offer.

Tracy Low - Resort Manager

Travellers are raving about these Busselton hotels

Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have stayed there on at least two occasions. The purpose of the stays were to get away from home and familiar people and just relax for 24hrs. Previous stay was good, last one not so good.

The Good:
Staff are awesome, really friendly and happy to deal with.
Spa in room was small but I enjoyed it.
Food and drinks are really good in the restaurant.

The Bad:
No TV channel guide in room to tell you what you were watching, and the Foxtel offering is a joke.
The outdoor areas of the resort rooms ideally need some sort of roof covering, couldn't use the area because of the weather and the fact there was no shelter.
The breakfast pack I got for the next morning had three items that were six months out of date (though the good thing was I was not charged for it).

My trips away are two to three times a year for this purpose and so I enjoyed it but have reservations about staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mark J
Thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent visit and we are pleased to hear of the positive comments relating to our Team and the Restaurant facilities.

I apologise that you recieved breakfast items that had gone past the best before date and following your comments we have done a full stock clearance to ensure this does not happen again. We do only offer limited Foxtel channels as we don't have the full subscription, I will look to note this on our website and information so as to not disappoint our guests on arrival.

You also make a valid point regarding the bbq areas and there not being any cover for rainy weather and this may be something we can look at in the future as part of our facility upgrades.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as this helps us to improve on our service and standards.

Tracy Low - Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Busselton
The Sebel Busselton
#1 of 14 in Busselton
Amalfi Resort
Amalfi Resort
#2 of 14 in Busselton

Been to Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton? Share your experiences!