“Annual stay.”

Amblin Holiday Park
“Annual stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We are an annual visitor to the caravan park. It's Right on the beach and also has an indoor pool, basic but clean facilities. There is a new kids playground, which kids loved. Great relaxing holiday with the kids!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kat C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Amblin was perfect, the 2 bedroom cabin we booked was lovely and clean and just a short walk to the stunning Geographe Bay. I would recommend staying here if you wanted a quiet place with a lovely beach. The permanent tents were in a great location and I wouldn't mind trying them out next time.

Room Tip: We had room 5, it was great FYI all cottages are VERY close together
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank April038
Andrew M, Manager at Amblin Holiday Park, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We will pass on your remark regarding cleanliness to our housekeeping supervisor. Do try the safari tents next time you visit us you will love them!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Took my 2 boys aged 6 and 9 for there first camping trip on the weekend and we picked Amblin because of the beach access and the facilities. We had an awseome time, the beach was perfect as was the weather. Amblin had that old caravan park feel that i remember when i was a kid but with the all the facilities you needed. Staff were friendly as was all the other holidayers. We will return for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John H
So glad to hear you had an awesome time with your children at Amblin. The weather certainly has been perfect of late! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Amblin next time..
Mandurah, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Friends were staying at this park over Australia Day weekend, as they had all been drinking I offered to bring more supplies into the park for them. They lent me their boom gate pass and I tried to use it but it wouldn't work so, I tailgated another car in and the next thing I know somebody is flagging me down. I pulled over and followed him to the office,trying to tell him I was only dropping off supplies. He was incredibly rude and when I offered to pay for a pass his reply was "No, not now" and basically kicked me out. It was an honest mistake on my behalf but, I thought he could have handled it better. He was also rude to my friends when they tried explaining it to him. Myself and my friends won't be returning or recommending this park.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank BussoRegular
Vicki M, Manager at Amblin Holiday Park, responded to this review, 21 November 2015
Good Afternoon BussoRegular, I wish to inform you that there has been a management change since your experience. As one of the new managers I have been going through feedback and would as you to give us another chance as things have changed. We believe in trying to work with our guests not against them and ask our guests to work with us also. We hope you will consider us sometimd in the future. Cheers Vicki and Jen New Managers
Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Amblin Holiday Park is about 10 minutes drive from Busselton centre. We stayed here during the Ironman weekend (early December) so we had booked quite early. We stayed in a chalet. It had two bedrooms, one with a double bed, the other with bunks. The place was small but certainly met our needs. It was very clean including all the kitchen utensils, pots etc which appeared to be quite new. It was equipped with all the essential basics e.g. fry pans, pots, microwave etc. There was a little bit of road noise but overall the park was very quiet considering it must be one of their busiest weekends. Our only 'problem' was the light that came through our blinds in the bedroom in the morning. It perhaps needs heavier curtains. We loved the Peppermint trees that are throughout the park. The beach can be accessed immediately from the park. Overall the park and chalet were clean and tidy. Facilities in the park include a heated pool. We loved the possum in the possum house in one of the trees. Parking was available right next to each chalet. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My immediate family are frequent users of this holiday park. This month I invited my extended family from Victoria over for a 3 night stay. Unfortunately on our return we discovered we were overcharged by 1 adult. A phone call to the new park management was not successful in getting back what was owing to us. I was hoping that this matter would be rectified 'in good faith'. At the end of the day we paid a total of $1440 for 2 bungalows and a powered site. Very ordinary treatment by the park management. They just lost a regular customer.

By the way, the pool was too hot for the month of December

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Reddog068
Australind
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We booked a powered site for 3 nights. Haven't stayed here before but the reputation has always been great. Was sad to say we were very disappointed with the quality of the park. Green grass was a rarety. The bungalows look lovely and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful but we are disappointed in the upkeep of the powered sites.

• Stayed December 2013
Good Afternoon IloveBusso, Thank you for taking the time to place feedback. Our management team has changed and as one of the new managers I would like to advise that we are busy watering within the water restriction guidelines to keep the park including all sites green for Christmas. Just wanted to keep you informed. Cheers Vicki