The Sebel Busselton
US$137
US$81
Abbey Beach Resort(Busselton)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Busselton Ithaca Motel(Busselton)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$170
Restawile Motel(Busselton)
US$73
US$70
Aqua Resort Busselton(Busselton)
Amalfi Resort(Busselton)
  • Pool
All reviewsgames roomtennis courtsstudio apartmentindoor and outdoor poolsspa bathmargaret rivera king size bedmovie channelssmall supermarketper daywine regiontable tennisthe ground floorshower headdirect access to the beachgood sizetake away
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I booked my accomodation on the net a week prior to my visit. I got into Busselton much later in the day than planned and had difficulty locating the hotel. Why?? It had been renamed and no one had bothered to notify me. When I had booked it was named Mercure but the day of my stay, it had been rebranded. When I finally realised the address was correct but the name was different, I went into reception, only to be told the renaming had been that day!!!! I asked why it wasnt advised on the net and the receptionist said, but it only happened today. Come on, its not an overnight decision and would have been in the pipeline for ages. There could have been some notification on the booking site. Very disappointing after a long day and lots of driving. The room was okay, but tired. Very scuffed and lots of cracks in the paint. When I enquired about meals, was told abruptly there was a shop and restaurant next door. I was given a ticket to put on my dash to show I was allowed to park in the complex and told to take my pick of car spots near my room. Well, the pick was one of one. Not impressed at all.

Room Tip: No restaurant, no room service, in fact no service at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Christine G
AccorVacationClub, General Manager at The Sebel Busselton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sebel Busselton (formerly the Grand Mercure). I am very disappointed that you had such a poor experience when locating the property. We completely agree that you should have been made aware of the name change and we take full responsibility for this. Our Front Office team make a courtesy call to arriving guests the night before arrival and this is something they now highlight on the call.

With regards to your room the property is undergoing refurbishment with the 2 and 3 bedroom apartments having been completed. Our studio rooms are being painted and new lighting installed with phase 1 and 2 completed on 19 December and the remaining rooms scheduled for early next year.

Although we do not allocate parking for each room I am very disappointed that you were addressed in such an abrupt and unfriendly manner.

My apologies once again for your experience at the property this is not the manner in which we wish to welcome our guests hope you would consider staying again so we can show you the truly warm welcome we pride ourselves on providing to our guests

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights. We were very lucky to get a 3 bedroom apartment, when we booked for 2Rooms and had a lovely outlook over the pool area. The apartment was very clean, spacious, very well designed and looked as if it had just been refurbished. The beds and showers were excellent. The kitchen had everything we needed and theres an IGA next door( as well as several restaurants in a small food court and a lovely café/ restaurant- the Broadwater)The service was excellent- everyone was very pleasant and helpful- I couldn't fault the staff.
The highlight for us, with our 8 yr old daughter was the pool area-large outdoor pool , which was quite special with its landscaping and little waterfalls and also a large indoor pool with spa.Its a quick walk through the resort to the beach and there's a great foot/bike path from the hotel for a long way in both directions, mostly along the beach-beautiful!
We loved this place ( and Busselton region) and would definitely go back and for a longer stay!

Room Tip: We liked our apartment near the pool- nice outlook and quick to get in.It might be noisy in school holidays, though
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Busselton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Hannahro,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review after your stay at Grand Mercure Busselton. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. As you can imagine, a great deal of hard work goes into making a refurbishment successful. Its made all the more worthwhile when we receive feedback like yours and hear of families enjoying the facilities. Again, we thank you and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

On one hand the apartments are a little dated and perhaps a bit dark, but on the other hand, they have all the facilities a family would need for a getaway.
The apartments themselves have all the facilities needed for a small kitchen and the overall complex whilst being large and a fair walk from one end to the other end has a couple of swimming pools, gym facilities, bbq's , picnic areas - enough to suit most guests needs.
There are a couple of free in-house movie channels so this is a lot better than most hotels that can charge up to $16.
Andrei and the front desk team work hard to ensure that guests' needs are met.
If I had any challenge, it is the distance into town - if you needed to go in often, the 10-15 minute drive became a drag.
There is though a shopping complex next door that would meet many needs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Busselton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear RonWamberal, Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay. Just to let you know that we are in the process of completing the full refurbishment of the apartments there. I sure that any of areas which you felt were a little dated you would now see a big difference. The feedback we have had from our guests has been wonderful. We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for a week in a studio apartment and weren't disappointed. The room was large, there was plenty of space and a decent sized tv. Bathroom was also large with good sized shower and spa bath.
Bed was comfortable and the linen was of good quality.
A few days we were in our apartment at the time of housekeeping, so didn't take full advantage of that. The room however was clean and kept to a high standard.
Pool area was nice and big, bo outdoor and indoor pools, with plenty of seating and sun lounges. Gym was well equipped. There was two games rooms for kids and teenagers, though we weren't travelling with children so only went in once to check them out and play some table tennis.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
There was no room service or restaurant, however next door was the broadwater which was a short casual walk from our room.
Overall, we had a fantastic time and could not fault this accommodation.

Room Tip: Be mindful if you are staying for a week or more, you may want to consider an apartment with a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Louise81Perth,
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very impressed and could not criticise. We were a family of 5 in a 3 bedroom apartment. Lots of room, 2 bathrooms and so well equipped. Had just been refurbished.
The facilities were great with indoor and outdoor pools. Also tennis courts, squash, gym and children's lounge.
The staff were so helpful.
Good location for Busselton, Margaret River and country drives

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Val837
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Busselton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Val837,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay at Grand Mercure Busselton. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the resort facilities.
We look forward to welcoming me again in the future.