All reviews fantastic place ride horses indoor pool chimney suite hacienda light accommodations jacuzzi nature
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This is a nice place to rest. Accommodations are pretty nice. We got the suite #1 at the main house. Our private chimney and jacuzzi. Also cable tv. There’s nothing to do than just relax enjoy the amazing view and nature. You can walk and rest. Food is good at a convenience price, you get to play chess, checkers, ping pong, pool, ride horses, indoor pool. It gets pretty cold at night, but you can enjoy a bottle of wine at your private chimney and have a nice talk. Nice chapel too. One thing: no good internet. So definitely it’s a place to rest.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My friend and I spent a night at the Hacienda Milliguayco. As we arrived, the owner welcomed us warmly and showed us where to get to the reception to register. The moment we arrived there was nobody there and it also seemed that nobody worried or cared about us standing there and waiting. The room was nice and clean and the price reasonable. During our entire stay we were surrounded by loud noise at any hour (6.30 am) and any place caused by some families and kids. Don't get me wrong - as a teacher, i like kids a lot -and i also know, that this is a nice place to stay for families. i would have wished the owners so ask these families to respect the rules because there were also other guests at the hacienda that just wanted to join the nice weather, the nature and peacefully relax. Some remarks to the restaurant: they have a menu card with picadas which is ok if you are a little hungry. I was kind of disappointed that they only serve one menu at night and ours consisted of chicken soup, rice with lentils and chicken for 10 dollars. If you live in Ecuador for a long time like we do, you know that 10 dollar is too much for this meal. i am very wiling to pay 10 dollars for a meal but this didn't at all make up for the price. The staff was distant and had to check for everything (hour of breakfast, which sorts of tea they have, etc.) i recommend to let staff learn by heart answers to FAQ from clients.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I had a good time at this Hosteria, great welcome from owners and staff, comfi and clean room and beds, with a fireplace in the room to sleep warm. It is located in a very quiet and beautiful environment, ideal for some nice sportive walks, I recommend!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mattdetoto
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The location is beautiful, completely surrounded by nature in the middle of a mountain. The views from the rooms were unreal and waking up every morning was so relaxing. The food was also incredible every single day. The hosts were always attentive of our needs and were extremely kind. I had the opportunity to ride horses for the first time which also an unforgettable experience. Highly recommend this trip. It made me really appreciate the peacefulness of nature.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniella S
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

My vacation plans to travel outside Ecuador went awry and I needed a back up plan. I remember that a little birdie told me about this place in Pallatanga. I did some research and then reached out to the owners and a couple of days later, I was on a bus headed for a mountain paradise.

I was the only guest that week and I received red carpet treatment. I was so honored to be amongst such hospitable staff. Have you ever eaten at a restaurant where every single meal was Facebook picture and post worthy. If you visit this hacienda, that is what you can expect; good of the gods.

What did I do with my time? I did exactly what you'd expect: slept in the comfortable California king - size bed, soaked in the jacuzzi tub, swam in the indoor pool, took walks around the property, soaked up the mountain view from my cozy,luxurious,suite and finished reading a book by the fireplace. Oh, I forgot to mention that I went horseback riding up a mountain trail.

I dabble in writing from time to time and I regret that I didn't have a proper functioning computer because the perfect backdrop was all around me.

I met my hosts the second to last day and was invited to drink wine with them. The Romero's were so warm and down to Earth. I want to be like them one day; doing what I love and sharing the experience with guests.

Thank you so much to my new friends at Milliguayco Hacienda in Pallatanga, Ecuador. You helped heal me so that I could return to the hustle and bustle if city life in Guayaquil.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo