“Very pleasant stay.”

Pagoda Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Como
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was booked into Pagoda Resort and Spa for work recently and stayed two nights. I was given room 103 which faced the road. I was a little concerned that the room faced the highway and that there would be road noise which would prevent me from having a decent nights sleep. My concern was misplaced.
The rooms have double glazing which wipes out any outside noise, the bedrooms are lovely and large and the beds are comfy. The bathroom is a little dated, but spotless and perfectly serviceable. There was a washing machine in the room so would be great if you were staying for a few days and needed to do laundry.
I didnt use the spa, gym or pool facilities so will not comment on them.
I didn't order room service, but did have a look at the Room Bar prices. They are on the high side.
The restaurant is a bit hit and miss - the first night I had a great meal, the second night was 'just okay' - nothing fab. A pint of coke (pulled from a machine - not bottled) cost me $7.

Breakfast was good. A bit pricey for what you get, but that is Perth for you!
Staff service was excellent.
Would I stay there again - if I wanted to be located between Perth City and Freo - yes!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MissBehavingAgain

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I purchased two nights accommodation under their "Hot Weekends" offer, which meant I paid $390. This was for the two nights in a king size room, with a spa, buffet breakfast daily, and a bottle of sparkling on arrival!

The hotel is nice and clean, a swift check-in, free street parking is available, or pay $15 per night for secure parking.

The room was a decent size, being on the first floor, we had a great view of the Freeway! From higher up you would be able to see more of the river I am sure. The bottle of wine included in the package was $45 on the wine list, so nice to see they didn't give us the cheapest available. There is a washing machine/dryer which would be perfect if staying longer, and two little fridges. I have to say, the price of the mini-bar is absolutely outrageous! $5.65 for a 600ml bottle of still water, $9.90 for a sports drink, $9.95 for a small bag of cashews, or a cup of instant noodles! I would normally have at least waters, maybe other snacks or beverages out of the mini-bar, but certainly not at those prices! The bathroom was a good size, all nice and clean, bed was quite comfy, but the pillows - not so much.

On the first night we ordered room service, $20 for a margarita pizza, $27.50 for a beef burger, $22 for a steak sandwich, and two desserts at $15.50 each - all not too terrible, despite the high price for the burger - everything was cooked nicely though and quite tasty!

The buffet breakfast was great! Very nice selections both hot and cold, nice breakfast room setting, not much staff about though when I wanted some additional napkins!

We went to have a few drinks before heading out for dinner on the second night, the restuarant and bar area was closed for a wedding function, so they had made a make-shift restaurtant/bar in a smaller function room down the back. This was not ideal, and they were not making cocktails that required a blender. Poor service, just because there is a wedding on does not mean you neglect the rest of the hotel guests! We decided to go to the Windsor for pre-dinner drinks instead.

Decent price for a spa room, nice location, pleasant and comfortable, will keep in mind for other weekend getaways!

Room Tip: Go for the Hot Weekends package, very good deal!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel was quite pleasant although we had the room with a balcony overlooking the pool..big mistake! Very noisy until late at night.The bed was very comfy and the room lovely and clean.Most of the staff were very friendly but a couple could have done with a personality makeover.Our problem with this hotel is the price of the rooms!Definately over priced!Would we stay again??probably not.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room overlooking the pool!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here one night early June to attend a business seminar. I had room 229 on the second floor and at the rear of the establishment. Very quiet, no noise and great to sleep. No views at all but that didn't bother me because I was there for work reasons. I found the room to be more than adequate with two bar fridges, one full of million dollar items and one empty so you can stow your own items. That was a good idea. Also my room had a washer dryer in bathroom and again another good idea for a longer stay. Although my room was a bit dated, it was very clean and very comfortable. I agree with other posts here in regard to age, the pool and so on, but the Pagoda is brilliantly located to be just out of the city but nearby to the river, shops, zoo and a cinema. I stayed at the Pagoda years ago with my family for a week or so and I thought it was a bit more 'alive' during that time. In regards to the business venue, it is typical of any establishment that hosts workshops, seminars and meetings and it had all the usual facilities to do so. I would rate it as average simply because it is no different to others I have been to. The main downside to the Pagoda is the cost. I felt the cost for meals and drinks to be just short of declared theft. For example a stubby (small bottle) of VB beer cost just under $10 at around 9.60 I think. So if you purchased a carton of 24 you would pay $230!! and for those of you reading this from overseas, the same carton would cost around $44 at a local liquor shop. Now the price of someone passing you that beer across the bar or walking to your table, still would not justify the price. Other than the cost for meals and drinks, I still feel the Pagoda to be one of the better establishments I have stayed.

Room Tip: Towards the rear of the hotel for a quiet room, but overlooking the pool if you want a bit of a view...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very romantic secluded place. Very clean. Happy, friendly staff. Room was adequate with large bed, good views and a relaxing spa. Value for money. Hotel is close to city, which is adequately located to tourist attractions and fantastic restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ernesto M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here 2 nights in a one bedroom apartment. The cost of one night in this average old run down and 70's decor I could have stayed in a 5 star hotel looking over sydney harbour. The staff here are not friendly and I would not recommended staying here just because of the inflated price they charge because its Perth. Cheaper to stay at the Hyatt so you should!

Room Tip: book a different hotel You can hear the preasure in the water pipes when people are having shower...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A group of us from interstate plus locals dined at The Pagoda. It was a Wednesday night and not terribly busy. Whilst the food was delicious, we found the service appalling. We waited 15 minutes for a waitress to appear. We asked for drinks immediately and would order food as soon as our drinks arrives. 20 minutes later, our drinks arrived, but no waitress. Another long wait and we asked for our order to be taken. The main meal was served whilst the entrée plates were still on the table. One main meal was forgotten. (5 people at the table!!). We had to chase a waiter for further drinks orders.

Room Tip: Seemed to be a lot of business travellers.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
Metro Hotel Perth
#1 of 3 in South Perth
Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle
#1 of 1 in East Fremantle
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#14 of 65 in Perth

Been to Pagoda Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!