“Sebel Mandurah”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Melbourne, Australia
“Sebel Mandurah”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed there 2 times: business. Efficient service, modern rooms and easy stroll to promenade eating venues. Prices reasonable for what you get and no surprises.
Outside restaurant quite good and many
options- again eat out .My preferred Mandurah venue- for business.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Bunglebungle007,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this TripAdvisor review. I am pleased that as a business traveller that you prefer to stay with us at The Sebel when coming to Mandurah. Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back again one day.

Leighton Yates - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Ths is a clean, no fuss hotel in Mandurah, WA. Though our stay is disturbed by a false fire alarm, all is good and we had a nice stay. Around the hotel you can find plenty of eateries which include the 2nd Cicerellos in Perth vicinity, Dome, Hans cafe, etc. Fronting the Mandurah Lake gives you a chance to have leisurely walk aroung the lake enjoing the lake ambience. We use Mandura as a springboard to Busselton and beyond and find its location convenient. Highly recommend for a leisurely holiday stays.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear dddsims,

It was lovely to read your feedback on your stay with us here at The Sebel Mandurah. You are right that Mandurah is a great place to base yourself when visiting the local regions. Thanks again for your feedback.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was the second time I have stayed at the Sebel Mandurah and I have to say that it is a great place. The staff are fantastic including Alana who made my booking and then greeted me at reception. The cleaners even stop and say hello to you. The rooms are clean and spacious and the views are fantastic. I forget that I am only 1 hour from Perth. The restaurant 'M on the Point' has lovely food and a great ambiance. Whilst my stay has been for work both times, I look forward to visiting with my family one day. Thanks once again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartments are great because one room can have a King bed whilst the other can eithe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Leighton Y, General Manager at The Sebel Mandurah, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Kings6007,

Firstly thank you for returning to The Sebel Mandurah for your 2nd stay with us! I am very happy to read that on both occasions you received great service. Thanks again for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had an estuary view room which was great for sitting on the balcony in the afternoon with a drink looking over the water. Short walk to the marina complex with plenty of great restaurants to choose from. Cinema is very close to wander over and take in a movie. Staff were very nice and helpful and rooms are large with modern decor.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Wombatfiles,

It was great reading your feedback - thank you for proving it! I am glad that our team were nice and helpful during your stay with us.

Thanks again
Newman, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I we've lived in the southern suburbs of Perth for almost 27 years and stayed in Mandurah several occasions. This was our first experience at the Sebel.
Negatives; The fire alarm went off at about 12;45am while we were in deep sleep.
Everybody have to evacuate the rooms and assemble outside the reception. Some 10 minutes later the fire brigade arrived to investigate and for our surprise the fire truck driver decided to stay in the cabine with engine running, almost intoxicating the people sitting outside.
The following morning we went for breakfast and my wife was disappointed with juice she selected as it was very icy.
My selection was very good.
Positives; A very clean and well located room in the 4th floor with balcony view facing the estuary.
We will certainly return as there is a lot to do in the surroundings.

Room Tip: If you only stay overnight for a deserved rest any room is good. If stay longer then pick a room in...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear alberto_riber,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide me with your review on your recent stay with us at The Sebel Mandurah.

On the whole, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It certainly was disappointing that the fire alarm was activated by some guests however pleased that our handling of the alarm was facilitated correctly - but not nice for guests to be outside at that time of the night!

I hope that we may see you return to The Sebel Mandurah one day!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just went to book another girlie weekend at this wonderful hotel. Stayed here a few years ago on the 5th floor in a 3 bedroom apartment with views to die for. Called up last weekend to check if the same apartment was available and yes it was. So went off through this week to gather up the girls and book us in.

Just called to book and got some gutting news. As of only yesterday or today, they have changed their policy and now require a 2 night minimum stay!!!

This is terrible news, after being told yes we can book then only a few days later, we can't, unless we want to pay $1,158 for the 2 nights.

Well I guess that's the end of the Sebel Mandurah for us Perthites who just wanted to come down to Mandurah for the weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear LadyElle000,

Thank you for your enquiry via TripAdvisor; I will be more than happy to assist in answering this question.

Hotels and other industries such as airlines, change their pricing strategies constantly to reflect the demand over specific dates. This can be in the actual rate or as you have mentioned in length of stay. Rates are only current at the time they are advised as room types could be sold or rates changed the next day for example.
We have many staff members take reservations on behalf of the hotel (not including the on-line web sites) and it would not be feasible to include them all on our strategies as it would be impossible to communicate in advance based upon what I have mentioned above.

However I would be more than happy to assist in particular situations. Would you mind letting me know what date and room type you are seeking and I would be happy to assist any way I can.

Thanks again for providing this feedback to me.