“Where's the chowder?”

Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 April 2014

On a recent trip with interstate friends we took them to Nino's because we have enjoyed the chowder they serve. However we were didappointed as they only serve it from May onwards. However we still enjoyed our meals, fish and chips and seafood basket. It is very basic service but a great meal at reasonable prices. Love the chowder best though!

1  Thank Robyn R

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A varied menu, reasonably priced and as I ordered snapper and paid extra it was of good quality and flavour with enjoyable crunchy chips. Plastic knife and fork left a bit to be desired! Though I noticed an order of soup was presented with a real fork and spoon? A nice setting, and enjoyed watching the seagulls trying to devour through paper the leftovers that had been placed in the bin! The name may state "Restaurant" but purely a "Cafe" with an emphasis on take away!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Food average. They serve large portions of barely cooked chips to make up for the poor quality of fish.

1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The place is now finally accepting EFTPS, still has sour service from mostly dower staff. The Fish and Chips are okay but overall the place in pretty average and you can get better fish and chips elsewhere and nearby.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Having visited "Sharkeys" previously I wanted to try somewhere different and came upon Nino's. Firstly the layout was clean & spacious. The Customers, (not many), because they were mostly "Seniors". I should add that my visit was Lunch time. Now the Service; it was far from friendly. The Lady that took my order complained that she was busy! I looked around and noted approx 9 tables occupied. I don't consider that to be "busy". Whilst taking my order and repeating it back to me it somehow translated to something else by the time it got to the Cash-Register. When I queried the cost I was glared at. It was obvious that I, a Customer, had the audacity to question this Lady. This Employee should be mindful that a Customer is there out of choice, the Employee is there out of necessity!! The Menu, mostly Seafood is fairly extensive, the addition of a "Chalk-board" made it difficult to identify any Specials. Our order was served in a timely fashion, and it should have been, they weren't busy. It was fairly well presented, reasonably palatable. A Lemon wedge was hidden under my piece of Fish. The Fish was pleasant enough but the oil had reached its use-by-date. The Restaurant does have an Outside seating area, and the view is really excellant. Its a shame that Restaurants have reached the stage where Tomato & Tatare Sauces have to be paid for. Surely an initial serve of each could be gratis, with additional requirements paid for.