“Lovely Welcome”

Atrium Hotel Mandurah
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here twice during December 2011. Our first stay was due to an unprofessional Virgin Blue flight, they booked us in! We had a lovely sea view room and the staff were great. We had to leave at 7am and although breakfast didnt start untill 7am< we went down at 6.40 and were well fed for our journey ahead to Sydney. On our return to Perth, I promptly booked a 3night stay as we had enjoyed our stay so much! The staff will bend over backwards to help you, the food was great and the pools are fab! Made our stay in W/A very memorable! My daughters friends in the UK all love her pictures of our time there!!!

Room Tip: To pick a sea view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Atrium Hotel Mandurah

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hotel is excellent value for money. we just got a basic room but was fine for us. not the most modern room I have seen, but all we needed was a bed, shower, toilet and a fridge, and it had all that so all is well there. Indoor pool very small, packed full of kids, but that cant be helped I guess. Outdoor pool nice but very cold! spa very hot but nice, full of kids also!! did not eat any of the meals so not sure about the food. reception staff were polite and courteous. entertainment on a friday night was good. had a drink at the poolside bar and sat near the pool to drink it, was very nice! all in all, great hotel and excellent value for money. Close to everything, beach, foreshore, restuarants, shops etc. plenty of free parking! I will be happy for you to contact me for more info on this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun B
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Arrived 24/2 @ 1330. Nice welcome with explanations of key use, after hours entry & car parking. No assistance offered with the bags to the room. I got the room location that I asked for, high as possible with ocean views. Wine in fridge on arrival. Don't drink white so easily swopped for a red at the bar. Room was very clean, had a kitchenette which included a microwave, 4 hot plates, electric frypan, 2 saucepans, salad bowl, crockery, cutlery, glasses (including wine), basic utensils, dust pan & brush, dish liquid, cloth & tea towel. Extra towels that can be used for the pools. No bottle opener for cork screw wine, went to bar & they opened for me. Friday & Saturday nights had entertainment near the dining/pool area. This can be heard from the 4th floor but was not excessive. Next to the pool area also had pizzas being made which seemed very popular. the pool was lovely although I did hear a few comments on how hot the spa was, I do agree that it was too hot! I did not have an evening meal but did check it out. There was a roast with lots of assorted vegetables, ravioli, lots of prawns and mussels with several salads. I did not check the sweets out. I had one breakfast which had several cereal and juice options, several canned fruits in bowls with juice, yoghurt, fresh pieces of fruit, sausages, bacon, hash browns, scrambled & fried eggs, mushrooms, baked beans, cheese or cracked pepper topped tomatoes, toast and assorted pastries. Tea & coffee also available. Great central location for bus to train station, waterfront, beaches, playgrounds, markets, shops, restaurants, cinema, theatre, canal cruises. I would stay here again and would recommend if you require a comfortable, clean environment with a handy location. Loved it for a close get away from the city work week. I had purchased an online voucher for two nights which was really good value.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest level available. Along the sides is the most distance from the lift areas. Hig...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leannamarie63
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Plus points:

one Indoor pool (has baby pool end as well as deep end)
one indoor jacuzzi
these are very convenient to access, just take the lift down and it is in the foyer area
there's also an outdoor pool
Location is perfect, central to Cicerellos and the back swimming beaches, as well as playgrounds
Ample parking all free of charge

Not so good points:
No wifi.
There is an internet connection, but you need to use the laptop or PC provided in their business centre and only during their opening times
Beds are abit on the softer side

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2012

OK, this has 3 stars and we usually stay in 4 stars. My expectations weren't that high but were obviously still too high.
The service at the front desk was good. The room itself was basic and tired but I could have accepted that if it had had a toilet that worked properly. It seemed to have been adjusted to save water so that there wasn't even enough water to flush properly. There was a bit of noise from music etc inside the hotel so we turned on the air conditioner. It had no switch, just the power point so could not be adjusted. It was a bit noisy but worked well enough. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean if tired. There was a newspaper left at our door in the morning which was a pleasant surprise.
We just wanted a bed for the night and that was Ok. The restaurant usually does pizza and pasta I believe but as it was Valentines Day, had a special 3 course meal on the menu. We thought we might as well go for that and indeed the food was very good. Sadly, it seemed to be all too much for the staff and it was a schmozzle! A waitress apologised to a family that had waited so long for food that they had to take their children up to their room and asked that their food be sent up, telling them that the kitchen was in chaos. I think it would be fair to say that it wasn't just the kitchen. The wait staff while seeming to be flat out, never seemed to get anything right and a number of tables didn't seem to get the drinks they had ordered. We left when the coffee didn't arrive as we were too tired to wait any longer. We had already had the wrong meals brought out and so on. I also found the pink and blue lights from the atrium unpleasant when it spilled into the dining room and it was also noisy. We were moved to a different table (due to another mistake) further back which was much better and also received a breeze. I must also comment that although the hotel and restaurant were clean, the laminated menus that were given out were grubby and extremely off putting.
I must say that there was too much of a Fawlty Towers experience and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank uptightoutasight
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We booked to stay in the Atrium for 2 nights after securing a cheap weekend away.
Upon arrival we were greeted by unprofessional, inappropriate staff who evidendtly thought it was acceptable to use profanity in front of their guets.
We got our key and made our way to the room.
The smell in the hotel is vile.
The room was revolting. The carpet was old and smelly.
The walls were painted brick
The shower was 5ft off the ground with the paint peeling off the walls and ceiling.
We had to suffer fire alarms throughout the evening. After the third false alarm we were informed over the intercom that there was a problem with the alarm system and we did not need to be evacuated.There was no apology for any inconvenience and the staff did not deal with the issue at all. Not acceptable.
The hotel as a whole is old, tired and needs a complete refurbishment.
The staff need to be retrained or replaced.
I have stayed in nicer hostels.
We were booked in for 2 nights and left after 1

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Helen C
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We booked the Arium in December 2011 for 2 nights we only stayed one night and checked out.
The arrival was nice and the staff very pleasant it went downhill from then on. We booked into the restaurant for dinner, what a mistake the food was rubbish and the service just as bad. The smell from the pool and the noise makes it a horrible experience.
The room was very old and tired with cheap furniture, the air conditioning noisy and bathroom was clean but very small. We did not sleep at all well as the bed was so worn we both rolled into the middle of the bed and woke up with terrible back ache. We didnt bother going to breakfast instead opted to go outside the hotel to one of the cafe's along the strip. Upon returning we booked out we told the reception about the bed but she told us she did not have another room as they were full , I told her even if they did offer us another room I would still have left anyway. I have visited this hotel before in the 90's when the kids were small and it has gone downhill at 100 miles an hour. I would not reccomend this hotel until they get their act together and spend some much needed money on even basic upgrades

Room Tip: Ask for a referbished room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple