“Would happily return”
Review of Seashells Mandurah

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mandurah
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed in 1 bedroom parkview villa. The villa was clean, the amenities new, stove top, micro, washing machine, drier, etc and fantastic, great spa in the room, fantastic infinity pool and great access to the beach. Mandurah itself was dead while we were there but we wanted to have a quiet relaxing holiday, so it was perfect for us. The only feedback I would give to management is to have a few more basic items provided, such as oil for cooking.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Fantastic location and great amenities in the place. Clean, neat, modern and quiet.
We stayed in February and were so impressed with the place. It was nice to have a separate bedroom as it made the room quieter whereas other hotels you always here the doors slam and people coming in and out of the elevator but the way the rooms are designed you get none of that noise here at Seashells.
We especially loved the pillows on the bed.

Fantastic with all the cutlery, utensils and kitchen appliances plus laundry. Very impressed. Great place to stay! Hope to visit soon.
We were sad our stay was so short as we didn't get to access the pool due to rain and such a short visit.
Thank Seashells.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay. Checked in and hopefully said I hope we have an apartment with a seaview to be told Sorry, our 1 bed apartments all face inland! Needn't have worried though the sunset that night from the large balcony was spectacular and made us sit down and just watch! The apartment was spacious, well appointed and stylish. The MOST COMFORTABLE BED, BEDDING and PILLOWS made for 3 perfect nights sleep. We enjoyed a couple of afternoons around the pool, strolls along the beach and round the port. Undercover, secure parking was great too.

Room Tip: Take a room on one of the higher levels to get the most of the views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael123123
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We, a group of 5 family members, were in Perth and downsouth from 10 to 19 Feb and Seashell Mandurah was one of the several accommodations during the 10-day visit.

The exterior of the apartment tells us that we have made the right choice as it's really new. When we stepped into our apartment (2 different layouts), we were really wowed by the interior - nice, warm and cosy, with lovely views, either sea or marina. To be honest, we were reluctant to leave our apartments for sightseeing, etc. The apartment is roomy, well equipped, practical and airy. Meals at the roomy balcony is a pleasant experience..

The staff there were also very pleasant and helpful..Will certainly recommend this place to friends and other family members...

Food and some light shopping are also not a problem as there are shops and eateries around the marina. City centre is also within a pleasant walking distance.

Thanks Seashell for the pleasant memories.....

Room Tip: There are those sea facing villa if you are up to splurging..
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Upon arrival, the foyer area of the hotel was beautiful and expectations were high.

Once I entered the self-contained villa (supposedly 4.5stars) my expectations were far from met! For around $250 a night, you expect a reasonable standard of accommodation, but this was far from the case. The sliding door was completely off its track between the bedroom and living area (something you would have noticed when you clean the place. There were cob webs in most corners. The rubber that runs along the sliding wardrobe doors was hanging off ALL of the doors. I might have looked past it if it had just been one door. After a visit from maintenance, the issue was still not resolved but the door was pulled across shut so we would at least have some privacy.
The radio supplied in the kitchen did not work and there were slats missing from a lot of the blinds on the window. A number of the lights also did not work. At best, I would call it a poor 3 star accommodation.

I was expected (as with any hotel that cares about their guests) to be asked upon check-out how my stay was and I was not even asked - further evidence of their lack of care for the guests. I returned a comments card stating all of the issues I have had and I am still waiting to see if I will hear anything back, but I will not hold my breath.

Next time, I will stay at the Sebel in Mandurah as we have stayed there many times in all sorts of rooms and enjoyed the experience a lot more!

3  Thank Bill C
SeashellsHG, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Bill C
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that your experience earlier this month did not meet with expectations, and that you found accommodation in one of our Garden View Villas sub-standard.
We are aware of some of the maintenance issues which you rightly raised, and are currently seeking new solutions and replacements for items such as sliding doors, rubber seals and timber blinds. This project work is ongoing for us, and we hope to have these physical concerns addressed very soon.
As a result of your review, we have taken steps to ensure that this neglect as well as the discrepancies in our service standards, do not occur in the future. A detailed and thorough ‘spring clean’ of all our rooms will take place from 1st March and we look forward to enhancing our product. I sincerely apologise that your experience was not up to standard for our brand.

Yours sincerely

Bram Newbold

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I only booked an overnight stay while in the area on business. Loved the serenity, comfort & luxury so much I stayed a 2nd night. And it was the only hotel that I've done that at, that actually charged me the same discounted rate for my extra night. I've stayed additional time at other hotels around the world & was always charged the full rack rate for extra nights, not the rate I had paid by booking on-line. So that was a pleasant surprise. The apartments have everything you could want including kitchen & laundry (washing machine & dryer). Great location, a couple of minute walk to the boardwalk where shopping, eating, drinking is readily available. Views are great all around you. Shopping centre nearby where I bought food & drink to enjoy in my apartment. Big balcony, mine had a view over the estuary, but I assume on the other side they look out to sea. I could live here. Loved it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Room was not cleaned, cigarette butt inside front door on arrival! Floors not cleaned, mould in shower, airconditioners filthy, lounges stained and tables dusty. The inside smelt like stale cigarettes and very musty. The outside deck hadnt been cleaned and had areas that had large stains from drink spills etc on it. Complained to reception regarding the issues, didnt bother staying the second night.

2  Thank Tracka16
SeashellsSL, General Manager at Seashells Mandurah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Tracka16

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Seashells Mandurah and thank you for taking the time to post this review. I was very disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction and inconsistencies regarding the presentation and cleanliness of your designated apartment. We did have 100% occupancy on the night which would have prevented us from being able to provide you with a new apartment, but there is still no cause for such clear discrepancies in our service standards. As a result of your review, we have taken steps to ensure that this neglect does not occur in the future. A detailed and thorough ‘spring clean’ of all our rooms will take place from 1st March 2012, and we look forward to enhancing our product. I sincerely apologise that your experience was not up to standard for our brand.

Yours sincerely