“Average”

Ranked #5 of 190 Restaurants in Mandurah
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had lunch at Redmanna Waterfront Restaurant in April 2014. Although we often visit Mandurah, we had never been to Redmanna before. The restaurant has won several Gold Plate Awards, so we thought that the food would be very good. It was average or, as my brother said, "Second rate". Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't bad. It just wasn't great and didn't live up to our expectations based on the awards that they have won and the prices that they charged.

I had the House Prawns entrée. I ordered the entrée size as my main. Whenever I've had prawns at the Witches Cauldon in Subiaco, the serving is always so large, that I haven't been able to finish it. I guess that I was naïve in assuming that for nearly $26.00, the serving at Redmanna would be similarly generous. I was wrong. I received six medium size prawns and a cupful of rice. It was nice, but I was hungry.

I had the chocolate molten cake for dessert. Chez Pierre in Nedlands has a similar dessert that is to die for. It's utterly delicious. I was looking forward to trying Redmanna's version. Unfortunately, like my entrée, it too was average. How disappointing.

My family and I enjoyed our meal, but it's unlikely that we will be back - despite the beautiful location and the service being friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Dinner April 7 We have never been treated so rudely and dismissed a such an abrupt manner before. In response to the waitress' inquiry we both agreed we were disappointed with our meals. My polenta was lumpy and my husbands duck tough and lukewarm. In wishing to discuss this situation [and also why they refused to allow us to book a window table when we made the booking - 4th booking for the evening] we were dismissed with "If you are unhappy, you can leave now and not pay.I cannot speak to you any further as I have other customers (restaurant was less than half full). We also considered it expensive.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Has been in Mandurah many years and you can always be assured of a good dining experience.
Their $20 lunch special is great value. Oysters done five different ways is one of my favourite dishes. Sit outside for lovely view of the estuary and watch the Dolphins catching their lunch!

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful evening again. Excellent service & marvelous food. Waitress talked us into delightful desert that I had to post on FB

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This restaurant is one of our favorites in Mandurah for lunch. Extensive menu and $20 specials along with good service and spectacular water position makes it a wonderful dining experience.