“Trying hard”
Review of Mervyn's Cafe

Mervyn's Cafe
Ranked #35 of 225 Restaurants in Mandurah
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was ok if you liked basic food. Note I use the past tense as this restaurant is no longer in business. It did have a nice family feel to it and a wonderful vista over the water to enjoy as you wait for your meal. There is a newer business operating from this location: Quarterdeck dining.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Walked past in the morning on a Saturday and there was a good vibe and decided to have breakfast. We ordered an omelet (with pretty much everything), a big breakfast as well as kid combo (pancake with banana and strawberries - YUM) that came with a vanilla milkshake as well as a tea for two. Overall, food was good but daughter complained that milkshake was room temperature. Would come back!

1  Thank Brad H
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We went here for a sunday morning breakfast.
The weather was pretty terrible but the cafe made up for the bad weather easily.

The staff were very friendly and the food was fantastic.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

View is great. Nice place but food is average now and therefore not value for the money. Service is a bit slow and haphazard
I think the place changed owners (?) or was for sale recently. May be the reason for the drop off in business as the place is not busy the last couple of times we went.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Food and service insurmountable! I wouldn't have thought it possible to ever wax lyrical over a steak burger. The one I was served at Mervyns was literally a meal in a bun. Steve asked me if I wanted him to get them to cut it in half for me, but I had already done so with my dinner knife. I have NEVER been able to cut a steak burger with an ordinary knife! The meat so tender and juicy, the salad so fresh, the chips crunchy on the outside and wonderfully soft in the middle. Yes, the BEST steak burger I have EVER eaten!!!
Oh, and the coffee was GREAT!!!