“Nice lunch”

Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Silkwood Wines has a magnificent Lakeside Cellar Door & Restaurant where meals are created from fresh seasonal local produce to accompany our cool climate wines. Beautifully set into the surrounding karri forest, Silkwood's cellar door and restaurant is truly breathtaking. Overlooking a tranquil 17 acre lake provides the perfect vantage point to appreciate Pemberton's charm. Our Cellar Door & Restaurant is open 10am to 4pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday for lunch and wine tasting/sales. Our wines are crafted with individual attention and focus on expressing the distinct varietal characteristics renowned of the Pemberton wine region. The wines are carefully crafted with 100% fruit grown on our vineyard, which enhances the uniqueness and individuality of the wines. Silkwood Wines have four luxury five star chalets located on the vineyard. After a picturesque drive through our vineyard the chalets are set behind our cellar door and away from the daily hustle and bustle of daily life. The chalets are set lakeside, individually themed and architect designed.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is one of the best places to eat the Pemberton region. Be aware that it is only open Friday-Monday and is only open 10am-4pm.

My husband and I shared lunch here. Both entrees were good- salt and pepper squid was tender and the leek braise with the truffled scallops was delicious (although the scallops were a bit chewy). My husband had a fabulous slab of pork and I had a local marron, both were tasty. You have a choice of salad and chips or mash and vegetables. See if they will let you have mash and salad as these are the best options. The mash is delicious heart attack stuff but the veg is a bit uninspired. The salad is lovely and fresh but the chips have the unmistakable taste of frozen product. Wine prices are very reasonable as they sell their own wine and you can taste it at the cellar door first.

The location is fantastic and the food is fine (but I have to say it's not as good as the cafe at the Wine and Truffle company in Manjimup)!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My family and I booked here last week and had lunch here on Monday this week. It was disappointing that they had run out of Marron, scallops and squid at 1 pm. Evidently a busy weekend, fair enough, but I would have thought they would have at least made us conscious of this lack of available options prior to us ordering. Anyway besides that it was ok, wait staff were great etc, and did seem somewhat sheepish given the depleted menu. Hopefully whoever there who does the ordering will ensure they are adequately stocked for future busy holiday weekends (and Monday lunches following).

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We visited Silkwood on Sunday 29/9/13 and I must say we were very impressed with the way we were made to feel welcome, although we didn't have a booking we were looked after from the beginning right through to the end of our dining experience. The atmosphere was vibrant, happy & busy. The wine tasting experience was great and we brought a mixed selection of wine and became a Silkwood notes member which gives us a 10% discount on wine and free freight to Perth. I will definitely be recommending this beautiful place to all of my associates.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We drove around looking for silk wood after being recommended the place. Google sent us somewhere else. Finally got there. Waited in the queue to be seated. Noted there was a number of staff talking amongst themselves behind the counter. I left to use the bathroom, came back and my partner was still second in the queue to be seated. I interrupted the staff to ask if I could seat my self and was told they had been very busy and that the kitchen was closed as it closes at 3pm. Not stated on the brochure btw. Noted the time was 2:45 pm. The staff member was very rude, unfriendly and unhelpful.

1  Thank Berka82
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I've been lucky enough to have lunch at Silkwood on two occasions recently and loved it.
They have a good selection of food, our big group ate various dishes and enjoyed every choice.
The views are very pretty from the outside deck.
If it is cold take a jumper, sit by the heater and have a wine or two - you'll soon warm up.

1  Thank Anna B