“Not quite what was expected, but great anyway!”
Review of Gagaju Bush Camp

Gagaju Bush Camp
Ranked #126 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Noosa
Beaudesert, Australia
“Not quite what was expected, but great anyway!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Booking a canoe/camping experience, we were surprised when we arrived at a pretty comfortable hostel with TV, showers and even a pool table, but happy anyway. We liked that we could have our campervan available, with all our stuff and an extra comfortable bed. The canoeing was pretty good, loved the ropeswing and the creek. The partying and the people was awesome - 18 people playing beer pong and other drinking games made for a great night (standard) and a generally good vibe during the three days we spent there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Spended 2 days on the river. Canoeing was fun. The 4 boats stayed toghether and the current took us to our destination!
Campside was good. Dorms are quite nice and the showers are even better!
After your daytrip ur back at the camp again and the nightlife can start!
The crew made the whole trip. Playing games, music and campfire!! Loads of fun!
The only down point is that as soon as you get drunk, no one will let you get naked!!!
TEAM NAKED ROCKS!!

Regards,

Captain naked!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Lake Country, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Booked through an agency and didnt know what to expect. The camp is basically a hostel, but with more. The kitchen had just been re done and they are obviously doing a lot of renovations (apparently related to a fairly recent management change) everything is looking great. The organized canoe trips are loads of fun are what you make them, my friend and I had a blast, saw some cool animals and truly enjoyed the trips- even getting caught in a downpour seemed to be an adventure.
Jesse and the crew made our stay even more amazig and are some legendary people!
We canoed, played beer pong or pool, and sat around the campfire great bush experience. If you need recovery time there is a great movie room as well.
The facilities including showers are nice- definitely newer.
Less expensive than most places in town- standard.
Thanks for a great time :)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank BALANCExLOVE
Gold Coast
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I love this place. I try and get here once or twice a year for this great bush camping spot. Open fires, on the Noosa river between two lakes and the staff are all a great crew. I love the fact that it is kept simple and not commercialized. See you again soon friends.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

this is meant to be a camping experience... so why where me and my friends told every night to keep the noise down or the police will be called??? all before 10.30pm! so when I did ring the police to tell them that a weird drunk man who called himself the (night watch man) punched me in the face because apparently we where being to loud, it took them over 24hrs to find the place.
this whole gagaju bush camp experience is a joke! me and everyone else in my group where only here because it was added to our excursions package for (free) which is a lie because you still have to pay $50 when you get here to use the camp and then $5 for a sleeping bag!
The canoeing is rubbish I've been on far better trips in the past, I feel I've wasted 3days/3nights of my east coast trip I DO NOT RECOMMEND this trip to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Gagaju C, Owner at Gagaju Bush Camp, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
This review is inaccurate and very one sided.
The 60 year old cleaner " yes 60 " asked if the noise could be turned down as there fellow backpackers were trying to sleep at which point the three young guests took it upon themselves to argue that they would not in a hostile manner.
From there the argument turned to a scuffle..."Yes 3 young men versus a 60 year old" they must feel very proud of themselves...
Since then i have warned my cleaner to not engage in arguments with guests even if it is to help the majority of guests staying with us.
I'm disgusted with the young men involved and to then have to try and justify their revenge reviews on top of this is just shocking to be honest.
You only need read the reviews before this one to see it is purely a revenge review for not getting their own way...Not very mature and i can only hope people see through these kind of reviews.
Kind regards
Gagaju BushCamp
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I must admit, I was a little apprehensive about Gagaju Bush Camp due to the lack of an official website... My worries were completely wrong! The two guys running the camp (Andy and David, I think their names were?) were awesome, really friendly and helpful, made my group feel really welcome. The brand spanking new (flushing) toilet and hot shower block made our stay very clean and comfortable, so glad we didn't have to use the long drop toilet! The shared kitchen and living facilities were great, with a big screen TV with tons of movies, a pool table, ample room and equipment for cooking, and a nice big fire area with plenty of firewood available. Really cannot recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: There seemed to be 3 types of accommodation available: small 3 man tents, two big 4 bed tent dorms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jdt3000
Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just got back from the bush camp after hearing so many bad things about it. I don't know what everybody was complaining about. I thought it was great fun. Staff were friendly and camp site had good facilities. The bathroom and showers were immaculate. Didn't expect that! The trip itself was fun but I think there could have been some extra activities added as it is basically just canoeing. The dorms the first night were interesting to say the least. I didn't mind so much but a few were put off that we didn't have a proper bed. I think this is something we should be made aware of before booking. Campfire at night was a nice touch. Its good fun, the first day was quiet but the second day there was a good crowd which added to it. Just bring plenty of warm clothes and don't expect the Ritz!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adeline P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosa
Noosa Caravan Park
#136 of 140 in Noosa
Alex Beach Cabins & Tourist Park
Alex Beach Cabins & Tourist Park
#3 of 15 in Alexandra Headland

Been to Gagaju Bush Camp? Share your experiences!