“Move over pavlova! Wonton wins!”
Review of La Vida Restaurant

La Vida Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 355 Restaurants in Noosa
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We ate at La Vida 3 times during our stay and found it was a gem of a dining experience. First time I had the gnocchi that has been raved about. I concur!! I enjoyed every mouthful and even though I ordered the entree (I wanted to enjoy a dessert as well), it was quite a generous serve.... The dessert....WOW!! That really was something else...we ordered the wonton pears with caramel sauce and macadamia. We never would have even looked at wonton as a dessert but it was recommended to us by a friend. ..It was the best dessert I've ever had! I can't explain. But after we went home that night, I was really looking forward to having it again....and again...
The next time we went, we had the tapas to share intending to have the dessert as well but there were a couple of possibly drunk?, loud females seated near us that put us off our food. So we left earlier than intended and in view of the previous review, found the staff handled these diners very well under quite difficult circumstances. On every occasion that we had contact with the serving staff, we felt they were excellent and friendly. Probably the most telling point was when we arrived on our final night in town to have the dessert only. As this is a full service restaurant, they couldn't have been more obliging and were happy to look after us even though we had already eaten elsewhere earlier. Really, 10/10. Well done guys. Thank you for looking after us.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Don't go to La Vida simple as that. The food was terrible. The attitude even worse. We got 12 smelly off oysters which we sent back after eating one each. There was no apology or even an acknowledgement. The chef then insisted we pay for the off Oysters we did eat! Not to mention the calamari that could not have been more mushy and in thicker butter if you tried. By far the worst place I have eaten at in a very long time. Noosa has lots of options so if all else fails, eat at McDonalds rather then La Vida!

1  Thank a k
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have been holidaying in Noosa every year for the past 10 years. Our holiday is not complete without dinner at La Vida. The menu, atmosphere and service tick all the boxes and our kids just love creating unique art on the paper tablecloths. An absolute stand out on the menu would have to be the gnocchi and now our two older kids are hooked too. A must to visit if you're in Noosa.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I need to talk to you all about the Gnocchi.

A divine being whispering praise in the form of sweet symphony, in your very ear, would only insult the standard of commendation this meal deserves.

Nay, this wasn't a meal, this was an experience. I enjoyed it so much my partner felt neglected for the extent of the meal, as my affections were focused so heavily upon it. She might have left the table for a while, I'm not sure.

That Gnocchi was so good I wanted to take it out to dinner before I continued eating it.

Before tonight I had no comparison to what heroin addicts call "the chase". That constant, hopeless attempt to regain the mind-shattering feeling of that first time.
I am forever cursed knowing that I will never have a Gnocchi that will compare, I will forever eat pasta in a looming shadow of the meal I just experienced.

It comes in two sizes, the 'Entree' serving size is more than enough for most, though I had the 'Main' serving and regret nothing, neither will you.

1  Thank MFFletch
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Me and my wife were celebrating our 1st Wedding Anniversary and we stumbled upon La Vida and were drawn to it's charm and authenticity that made it stand out from the other more modern eateries along Hastings Street.
Jo, our host for the evening was attentive, friendly and obviously a veteran to this restaurant. She later informed us she had been working there for the past 9 years.
Her knowledge of the menu and wines to accompany our choices were standout.
For a Sunday night, the tables were busy with people celebrating the last of the Summer evenings and the table settings with oil burners and white table linen really made you feel like you were somewhere in the Mediterranean.
We went for the Oysters Kilpatrick, Prawn Spaghettini and the most amazing Moreton Bay Bugs with garlic and dill butter.
Washed down with an Italian Prosecco, this really was a dinner to remember.
All the produce was so fresh and light, the bugs were cooked to perfection.
With the outside location and ample people watching opportunities, this little eatery really is a must for anyone that is looking for good, honest food without the fuss of other menus on the strip.
I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to come away with a full stomach and a large content smile on your face.

I can't wait to go back and try it all again someday. Also to get one of the oil lamps for our own courtyard, to create the ambience we experienced last night (they have sold them before, but had ran out of spares for us)

Thanks Jo x