“Perfect Place for Relaxation!”

Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect Place for Relaxation!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I treated my mother to a weekend away for her 65th birthday and found a really good deal for this hotel through Expedia. For a 2 night package including flights it came to around $400 per person!

We arrived on Sat March 3 and departed on Monday March 5. We were issued Apartment 7210 in the Sands building complex. The hotel contains about 5 different building complexes all named differently to avoid confusing buildings!

The guy that checked us in was genuinely friendly and issued our apartment keycards straight away, We had expected being that we arrived at 12pm we may have had to wait to check in, so the early one was a surprise.

Our apartment had 2 single beds, Was spacious and had a great little kitchen with a combination oven/microwave, A nice little living area with a decent size LCD tv and quite a generous selection of Freeview and Foxtel/Austar channels. The paintings on the wall looked aboriginal and gave the apartment an "australiana" type feel.

The bed was great although it wasn't the softest mattress (But thats just my personal preference)

We also had a walk in wardrobe and our bathroom was a decent size, We also had a HUGE shower with 2 shower heads and it would definitely fit 2 or more people in it! We had decent new zealand manuku honey tolietries and the bathroom also had a washer and dryer so you could wash/dry your clothes.

We had a small balcony which looked onto a tropical garden and part of the adjacent building. Daily housekeeping came with our rate and the place was spotless!

I swam in both pools, the one at the front of the resort had a lot of families and was a decent size but quite crowded. I preferred the lap pool up the back of the resort near the convenience store, less people and it was massive in size!

As mentioned the resort has a convenience store, gym, day spa and everything else you'd need.

Now onto location, For me it wasn't a problem, the walk up and down the hill takes 5 to 10 mins depending on how fast you walk up a steep incline or down depending on your direction! However for the elderly or people with physical limitations it could be an issue.

The hotel provide a golf buggy service to take you up and down the hill for dinner etc during certain times, should you wish to utilise it, and will even drop you back at your room if needs be!

Once down the hill you end up on the far end of hastings street, but it's only a short walk to various restaurants, We liked "Cafe le monde" which had decent food and good prices, We also ate at Hogs breath Cafe one night (Food below average) and we utilised the food court near the Sheraton.

Just behind the sheraton, Ferries depart for tewantin and Noosaville, We definitely recommend going on one if youre not familar with the noosa area.

Breakfast was included on our rate at the "View" restaurant, it was an international self serve buffet but again the staff were really friendly and they had a good selection of pastries, cereals, juices, hot foods such as pancakes, bacon & eggs, omelettes etc

I'd like to also say thankyou to "Adam" (I hope i got the name right) one of the concierge's. We had been told by Henry's shuttle company to ring on sunday to reconfirm our monday pick up, however when we called the office was closed! (Which they had neglected to inform us they only open for a short time on sunday) Adam chased it up for us and left a note with the concierge the following morning to chase it up when he couldnt get onto them for us.

They eventually got onto henry's the day we were leaving.....truthfully we found henry's pretty rude and i wouldn't recommend them nor will i use them again, I'd suggest talking to the hotel about other shuttle/pick up options if you don't have a car as my understanding is they use another company.

To summarise, great hotel/apartment block and i have always found outrigger hotels to be great service wise.

I will definitely stay here again!

My only advice would be i think Outrigger needs some kind of a guest rewards/loyalty program, i've stayed at a couple of properties in hawaii (And will be again in october) plus Noosa and it would be great to be able to earn points or loyalty for staying with them worldwide.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
I am humbled by the time you have taken to pen your review of our resort and, on behalf of us all at Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort & Spa Noosa, many, many thanks. On a most extensive overview on the resort you provide other folks reviewing a wonderful perspective on Noosa and the property. I take your comments back to staff and have personally thanked Adam for delivering on what we term “moments of Aloha”.

Whilst not looking specifically at a loyalty program we are indeed setting up our website to offer a Promo code access to our repeat guests so they always have access to best available rates. Please stay tuned. Let us know if you need any assistance with booking in Hawaii.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

As a young couple we stayed at the outrigger from Thursday to Sunday and we found the experience lovely. We booked 2 nights through lastminute.com.au and 1 night through the outrigger.com website.

About 2 nights prior to the trip I received a call from the hotel confirming my stay and outlining the two different entrances to the hotel (which a lot of people tend to have trouble with). The booking websites had already informed me of this so it was not an issue. We were also informed that we had received an upgrade from a resort view 1 bedroom apartment to a national park view room. This was a pleasant surprise and provided us with plenty of privacy.

The staff were very friendly and would ensure to call me by my name which is an excellent touch. The buffet breakfast was sensational and was definitely something to look forward to in the morning. We had no issues with food poisoning like the reviewer below.

Parking was ample in our building and at reception. There was a night where it stormed heavily so we had to cancel our reservation with a restaurant on Hastings Street. Instead we drove from our building to the reception building (where The View restaurant is located) so we wouldn't get drenched. The dinner menu at The View did not have the greatest variety of food but it did offer an adequate amount of choices (about 5-7 items for each of entree, main and dessert). The food was very pleasant, however it was about the same price as any of the restaurants on Hastings Street.

The rooms were clean and serviced everyday, my only grief was that the shower was a little cramped for a couple to shower together as we did not receive a room with a double shower as others did (though I suppose these were the rooms with more than 1 bedroom).

Sadly the weather was terrible over the weekend so the pool was cold but the steam room made up for it.

It is a bit of a walk from the hotel to Hastings Street but our trips to Hastings would often coincidently link up with the times that the buggies would run.

Overall the outrigger provided us with a comfortable, clean stay with excellent staff and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Good morning and many thanks for the review. I’m not sure why it took two weeks to go live on this forum so please excuse the lengthy delay in response. I continue to be enthused by the outcomes of this public forum as it provides contributors and readers opinions filled with emotion. There are so many accommodation and dining options throughout Noosa, the Sunshine Coast and Australia; individuals seeking to understand their destination prior to taking residence are often rewarded for their efforts.

As hosts we welcome and entertain our guests as friends – with warmth and generosity. We certainly look forward to welcoming you both back in throughout the year.
greater manchester uk
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We arrived here after a 5 hour drive up the coast to find the barrier shut and a notice to enter via another entrance not given to us in our holiday itinerary. Unfortunately there were no directions and we drove around for half an hour trying to find our way in. We eventually parked up and went to the Tourist Information for directions. We were advised that this was part of the planning implementation when the resort was built so that you do not clog up the streets of Noosa but in their wisdom they only managed to make us do just that by driving around in endless circles. Not a good start and we both arrived in a foul mood. A change of hotel address would be a good start or at least proper directions at the barrier!!!!

The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk up a hill from Noosa and but for the ill, totally unfit or infirm I fail to see what the problem is. (We are in our late 50's). The golf buggy is a nice touch and if it is whizzing past with people on it will always come back for you. The hotel blocks remind me of posh university accommodation - a bit institutionalised and although I was at first a little disappointed with our main drive/forest view I soon realised that this was probably one of the better views. There is plenty of free underground parking. The pool area is nice but not really big enough for the number of apartments and the lap pool is just that.

The accommodation was good - a 1 bedroom apartment with kitchen, washer/dryer, iron, and dishwasher. There was a good size bathroom with a good strength double shower (2 showers) and a large veranda with a table and chairs.

Noosa is a lovely town with lovely beaches, shops, restaurants and walks but it is also very expensive and this property in my opinion is just on the right side of being handy without being central. Not sure about the architecture though.

Room Tip: Don't get a basement/road level room opposite reception
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
From 7pm access via Little Hastings Street, from 7am access via Viewland Drive. The resort is physically on Little Hastings Street, the GPO address is 33A Viewland Drive. Unfortunately all we can do is take great humour in the wisdom of Council in approval of access to site; indeed unique to Australia if not the world. The decision of where we are is not one controlled by Outrigger as manager, caretaker or operator. Now two years since opening, the issue compounded by Council still failing to approve repeated request for appropriate signage.

We go to great effort to issue maps and try to contact all guests prior to arrival where such contact details are made available to us via booking supply channel. The obvious frustration you experience regrettable and one certainly not lost on us.

Whilst we can neither address the physical architecture and design nor the change the two access points, I trust the service delivery met with your expectations and you enjoyed your time with us in Noosa.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

It's big and if you get an "internal" room lacks privacy and is a little reminiscent of Cell Block B. Probably good for families but be prepared to do a LOT of walking. Also be prepared to fit in with the schedule of the very limited buggy service down to Hastings St. It is a reasonable enough walk for the young and fit though I did witness a young family with grand parents in tow that looked like they were walking the Kakoda.
It lacks that relaxed, boutique Noosa style. More concrete/corrugated iron apartment complex than hidden oasis.

Room Tip: Make sure you have either an ocean or rainforest view. Otherwise you will be looking into walk ways...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your opinion. Certainly much covered on design and location to which I can only invite others reading reviews within this forum to seek to understand before purchase. Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort & Spa is neither a traditional hotel nor located on Hastings Street. Whilst only five to ten minutes stroll to Hastings Street, it is more suited to those looking for unique accommodation in Australia’s premier holiday destination; for those willing and able to take the time to walk through the National Park, to take in the magnificent Noosa Beach and to wander aimlessly up and down the shopping experience that is Hastings Street.
The Resort is also well suited to the conference and event delegate whom organisers hope to keep contained and entertained throughout proceedings but being close enough to allow a safe walk and back to the entertainment district after formalities.
Certainly Noosa is supported by other outstanding accommodation options directly within the hustle, and during holidays mayhem, that requires very little effort. For those looking to experience Noosa as a destination, however, we are certainly proud to offer an eco friendly experience tucked a few hundred meters up against Noosa National Park.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The rooms are very very good. Everything you need, and very comfortable. The kitchen and cooking facilities were no used by us, after all it was a holiday. Just a few boils of the water for coffee, and using the glasses to sip a wine or two. It has a laundry as a separate room, which was quite handy for beach towels and washing of things. The bathroom was large and well appointed. All appliances were modern and well selected.
I think the Outrigger will age quickly with the materials used but I am not a builder, it just looks as though it will. Although the walk is advertised as 5 minutes from the beach, it is more like 7 minutes and 12 minutes back up the hill, longer if you are elderly or have small children. They have a pick and drop service to the bottom of the hill at the start of Hastings Street, but it is only available between certain hours. These only matched ours for about half the time, but they were quick and efficient in picking is up.
The swimming pool was closed for a private function one afternoon and evening. This was done without warning. This should not be allowed. Function rooms are for private functions. They have another pool we could all go to, but this was a lap pool, and although large was crowded.
The staff are excellent, no complaints, rather heaps of praise. They treated us the best of any Australian resort.
Their restaurant is expensive. We ate there for a couple of nights. The entrees and deserts were excellent, but the main was a bit disappointing - still good but we expected more. After dining in other places in Noosa, I would rate it a 4 out of 5.
The games room is a joke - just electronic games machines. I expected Table tennis, pool table, etc. It is just a small room, smaller than our living room at the resort.
The resort lacks some atmosphere. I am a photographer and my partner is an artist, we notice things like this. We could do a far better job.
Seems like I'm negative about many things but Outrigger just has to change a few things to make it an excellent resort.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Good morning,

Your comments much appreciated and we do indeed look to keep challenging the few things to make it an excellent resort.

I’m not sure exactly, from a photography or artist perspective, would be advantageous with atmosphere and certainly would welcome further detail in this regard directly if not through an open public forum. All other comments are indeed taken as noted and will be reviewed as we do with all comments received from guests.

I will take the opportunity here, for the benefit of other readers, to make a short comment on our restaurant View on Little Hastings. Unlike the captured markets of some resort complex, we are challenged by a competitor set producing outstanding dining experiences; something we are most fortunate living in Noosa. To mention only a few, with no affiliation or alternate intent, venues such as Ricky’s and Sails providing a top end experience, Bistro C and Berardo’s on the Beach providing the quintessential dining-overlooking-the-beach experience and Gaston providing a not-to-miss cafe experience, there is indeed much choice for any budget when dining in Noosa. View on Little Hastings presents a menu reflective of the resort, intended to convert guests in one night of their stay (as it is expected interest will take them exploring the aforementioned options) and presenting the freshest local produce and product available to us. Entrees present at $18 (eg Pan fried cuttlefish) to $26 (Mooloolaba prawns), Mains at $28 (Pan fried sage and parmesan gnocchi) to $39 (Eye fillet of beef) and Dessert at $8 (Goat’s cheese soufflé) to $14 (Melting chocolate pudding). Our wine list, at $25 to $62, too is intended to match this market providing an alternate to those presented by our competitors; some excelling well in the hundreds of dollars. So, yes, our menu is not inexpensive but does represent our mission of providing our guests distinctive hospitality and value providing an attractive proposition amongst the dining alternatives available to guests here in Hastings Street, Noosa.
Sydney
Reviewed 25 February 2012

pity about the weather!

Anyway, the Outrigger Little Hastings is a well run hotel, the rooms are very well appointed and the staff all friendly. However, it is a large hotel and there is no disguising that, and i feel it's not going to age well. The hotel is good accomodation, but to be frank its nothing special and after looking at other accomodation options in the area beleive we would definately stump up a little extra for the apartments which face the beach on Hastings Street.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Good morning and thank you for your comments.

I’m not entirely sure of the intention of your comments but do appreciate the remarks on how the property was run and, more so, of our friendly staff.

Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort & Spa proudly boasts 198 one and two bedroom fully self contained apartments, two, three and four bedroom Villa and Penthouses built up against the Noosa National Park. If visitors to Noosa are looking for accommodation overlooking Noosa Beach, this resort is not suitable. Located a leisurely 10 minute walk from the beach itself, this village designed resort provides a unique ECO friendly environment for those looking for an uncomplicated, quiet and luxurious escape supported by a staff dedicated to continuing to raise the bar on distinctive levels of guest service. Those affording the little extra would be well rewarded for booking one of the Beach Villas or Penthouses; a level of accommodation unsurpassed in Noosa with most boasting spectacular views out over the bay.
Sunshine Coast
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Don't get us wrong the Outrigger has gorgeous rooms, stunning surroundings & pools, welcoming/friendly staff, and a great breakfast setup :o) BUT! It's very 'blocks of flats' looking rather than a 'resort/spa' and not really for couples to have peace, quiet & tranquility - more for families with young children. It has the feel of a 'family' resort / new residential development site (with site office) which was a little bizzarre ... After many resort/spa getaways we're not sure how it's got 5 stars ??? Oh and a short walk to Hastings St & Beach - we beg to differ! If you like walks (not what we would call short) with lots of very steep inclines/declines then it's for you!

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
CaretakerManager, Manager at Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Certainly disappointing to read statements like gorgeous rooms, stunning surroundings & pools, welcoming/friendly staff, and a great breakfast setup to then fall short of your expectations in the design of site.

Recognised throughout this forum is the poles to which guests appreciate the architectural design of Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort & Spa despite the volume of information and pictures available to guests prior to making the purchase decision. In the same light, the five minute walk down to Hastings Street (seven to ten minute back) and our council required access via Viewland Drive from 7am and Little Hastings Street from 7pm are something we go to great efforts to also communicate to guests before arrival, on arrival and throughout their stay.

Anyway, I do very much appreciate you taking the time to pen your thoughts on this forum.