I treated my mother to a weekend away for her 65th birthday and found a really good deal for this hotel through Expedia. For a 2 night package including flights it came to around $400 per person!
We arrived on Sat March 3 and departed on Monday March 5. We were issued Apartment 7210 in the Sands building complex. The hotel contains about 5 different building complexes all named differently to avoid confusing buildings!
The guy that checked us in was genuinely friendly and issued our apartment keycards straight away, We had expected being that we arrived at 12pm we may have had to wait to check in, so the early one was a surprise.
Our apartment had 2 single beds, Was spacious and had a great little kitchen with a combination oven/microwave, A nice little living area with a decent size LCD tv and quite a generous selection of Freeview and Foxtel/Austar channels. The paintings on the wall looked aboriginal and gave the apartment an "australiana" type feel.
The bed was great although it wasn't the softest mattress (But thats just my personal preference)
We also had a walk in wardrobe and our bathroom was a decent size, We also had a HUGE shower with 2 shower heads and it would definitely fit 2 or more people in it! We had decent new zealand manuku honey tolietries and the bathroom also had a washer and dryer so you could wash/dry your clothes.
We had a small balcony which looked onto a tropical garden and part of the adjacent building. Daily housekeeping came with our rate and the place was spotless!
I swam in both pools, the one at the front of the resort had a lot of families and was a decent size but quite crowded. I preferred the lap pool up the back of the resort near the convenience store, less people and it was massive in size!
As mentioned the resort has a convenience store, gym, day spa and everything else you'd need.
Now onto location, For me it wasn't a problem, the walk up and down the hill takes 5 to 10 mins depending on how fast you walk up a steep incline or down depending on your direction! However for the elderly or people with physical limitations it could be an issue.
The hotel provide a golf buggy service to take you up and down the hill for dinner etc during certain times, should you wish to utilise it, and will even drop you back at your room if needs be!
Once down the hill you end up on the far end of hastings street, but it's only a short walk to various restaurants, We liked "Cafe le monde" which had decent food and good prices, We also ate at Hogs breath Cafe one night (Food below average) and we utilised the food court near the Sheraton.
Just behind the sheraton, Ferries depart for tewantin and Noosaville, We definitely recommend going on one if youre not familar with the noosa area.
Breakfast was included on our rate at the "View" restaurant, it was an international self serve buffet but again the staff were really friendly and they had a good selection of pastries, cereals, juices, hot foods such as pancakes, bacon & eggs, omelettes etc
I'd like to also say thankyou to "Adam" (I hope i got the name right) one of the concierge's. We had been told by Henry's shuttle company to ring on sunday to reconfirm our monday pick up, however when we called the office was closed! (Which they had neglected to inform us they only open for a short time on sunday) Adam chased it up for us and left a note with the concierge the following morning to chase it up when he couldnt get onto them for us.
They eventually got onto henry's the day we were leaving.....truthfully we found henry's pretty rude and i wouldn't recommend them nor will i use them again, I'd suggest talking to the hotel about other shuttle/pick up options if you don't have a car as my understanding is they use another company.
To summarise, great hotel/apartment block and i have always found outrigger hotels to be great service wise.
I will definitely stay here again!
My only advice would be i think Outrigger needs some kind of a guest rewards/loyalty program, i've stayed at a couple of properties in hawaii (And will be again in october) plus Noosa and it would be great to be able to earn points or loyalty for staying with them worldwide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for accommodation in Noosa that offers you a blend of luxury, location and lifestyle then Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas has it all here for you. With Noosa's famous beach just 500 metres away, you're close to everything and the views from your private patio or balcony are simply stunning. For business or pleasure, weddings or one of Noosa's popular events - whatever your reason for visiting Noosa, choose the impeccable style that is Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas with Resort Shop and View Restaurant onsite. RESORT The refined sophistication, contemporary furnishings and understated elegance synchronise perfectly with the airy open spaces and magnificent ocean views gained from these Two and Three Bedroom Apartments and Penthouse Apartments with private entry and garage. Shady eucalyptus and melaleuca trees surround you and you'll want for nothing with room service, laundry/dry cleaning valet, fully equipped kitchens and cable TV. LUXURY VILLAS If you're looking for the spaciousness of a beach house in Noosa with the convenience of housekeeping, then these luxury split level villas are perfect. Your sub-tropical lifestyle takes place on expansive balconies with the most magnificent views across Laguna Bay and the rainforest canopy of the Noosa National Park. The villas are superbly equipped for romantic dining or entertaining friends in true Noosa style. FACILITIES Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas offers WiFi access, a gymnasium and steam room, complimentary car parking and 24 hour reception. For onsite dining, View Restaurant provides a relaxing and welcoming environment. Spend all day luxuriating at the Day Spa or lounge by the pool enjoying a refreshing cocktail poolside. Stay in shape at the fitness centre and steam room or why not rent an electric bike and explore the natural wonders of the area. Please note when driving, we have two entrances dependant on time of day: From 7am to 7pm access via 33a Viewland Drive. From 7pm to 7am access via 5 Morwong Drive. Peppers Noosa is a smoke free accommodation property - a designated smoking area is provided at Brogans Pond opposite View Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort & Spa Noosa Hotel Noosa
- Outrigger Little Hastings Street Resort And Spa Noosa