“Hidden Gem”
Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Recently enjoyed a two week stay at the RACV Noosa Resort with my family of five occupying a three bedroom precinct villa room with rooftop spa. We are regular visitors to Noosa and have always stayed in Hastings Street or a very short walk to it. We found the location a nice change, its away from the hustle and bustle, set in beautiful wetlands with terrific views and lots of space on the property to explore. And you get so much more for your money! We hired a car to get around but if you dont have one its no problem - there is a courtesy shuttle bus which runs regularly to the main parts. Hard to fault any aspect. The pool area is as impressive as you will find in Noosa with sun on it almost all day and full waiter service for food/drinks - not many places in Noosa offer that as well as fully self catering rooms. There is a sandy beach entry which is great for the young ones and an unlimited supply of fresh pool towels which makes things so easy. The precinct villa rooms are spacious, very well appointed and clean (serviced weekly) and the private rooftop spa is an absolute luxury (choice of spa or plunge pool). There is a flash restaurant as well as a more casual dining option which serves awesome pizzas Thursday - Sundays. The lobby area has great lounges where we enjoyed many drinks in the afternoon sun. The resort staff were very friendly and really could'nt do enough to meet our needs. The resort has a good tennis court (free bookings) and bike hire which would be a fun way to get to Hastings Street. My sister in law used the Day Spa (massage) and raved about it. Would have liked to have a BBQ in the apartment (balcony) or access to a communal BBQ but we were able to hire one for a small fee. Overall, highly recommended, we will return.

Room Tip: The 3 bed precinct villas are spacious, well appointed and have a choice of roof top spa or plunge p...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 879Alex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

RACV Noosa Resort delivers and ticks most of our boxes. A quiet resort set in the wetlands, with a great restaurant serving delicious food to civilised patrons. Breakfast was top notch, dinner options even for kids were plenty. The 2 bedroom apartment we were assigned to was immaculate. It had great views of the wetlands and was fitted with all the mod-cons. The towels and linen were plush etc but (yes there's a but) apart from the pool, there is little else to do, if like us you have little ones tagging along...one week seemed like a lifetime. Apparently the resort has acknowledged this missing link and intends to include a water play park as part of its upgrade this year. In all honesty, I would prefer to be by the river in Noosaville where its livelier, where there is a huge selection of restaurants at our door step and a lot more to see and do.

Room Tip: Bring mozzie guard!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JTindale
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We spent a wonderful week at the resort with our friends. We had the 3 bedroom apartment and it was equipped with every mod con and was spotless. The private spa on our roof top was amazing. The food at the restaurant was delicious and also the bar food and buffet breakfast all at affordable prices. The front reception staff were friendly and very helpful. Also the waiters and waitress' - I could not fault this resort and can't wait to make a return visit. :)

Room Tip: make sure you book an apartment with rooftop spa
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank glenda f
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear glenda f,

I was delighted to read your review and thank you for such kind words about our staff. They are a great team and I am pleased you found them all friendly and helpful. The rooftop spas in our 3 bedroom Villa’s are a nice way to relax at the end of a day.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed in a 3 Bedroom Precinct Villa with Rooftop Spa in June 2013. Although the villa seemed clean when we first entered, the floor areas were rather dirty - in the kitchen there were bits of food on the floor that had obviously been missed by the cleaning staff and the bathroom floor tiles looked like they could have done with a good steam clean. The other disappointing thing was that despite having 2 balconies and a rooftop spa - there was only set of outdoor furniture, a table and 4 chairs off the main living area; the previous occupants had obviously taken two of the chairs from the downstairs balcony and carried them upstairs to the rooftop spa so they could sit and chat whilst others were using the spa - no mean feat as you have to traipse through the master en-suite and up a very narrow spiral staircase to get to the rooftop spa, so precarious we didn't bother to bring them back down to the main balcony. On the plus side the villa was roomy and well furnished, and the resort facilities were good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne M
Dear Joanne M,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed our spacious villas and the resort facilities. Having spotless apartments and grounds is our number 1 priority and is often praised on this forum and differentiates us from others. I was disappointed to read your feedback in this regard and discussed at length with my Housekeeping Manager. We also discussed the importance of returning outdoor chairs to their correct location before arrival.

I hope the positive aspects of your stay were enough for you to return for another visit next time you are in Noosa.

Thanks again for providing your feedback.

Sydney
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here 2 weeks ago with a family of 4.
What a great place to stay, I really can not fault it. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was perfect. Really spacious, modern, all mod cons and spotlessly clean.
The pool areas is lovely and also the bar/restaurants.
The buffet breakfast was lovely and very plentiful.
The location isnt perfect if you do not have a car, it is a bit of a walk to the town centre, however I was personally happy lounging around the pool area so didnt effect my trip too much :)
The one thing I would recommend is that they need to lay on more frequent shuttle bus services into town as every 2 hours isnt great its only a quick trip and im sure theres always a member of staff idle who can do it :) Just my suggestion. However I really enjoyed my stay there. Reasonably priced too I thought for the place.
I will definitely one day return and will recommend to friends to visit.
Good job guys!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear TheTravellingAnt,

Thanks for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed the 2 bedroom apartment and had the opportunity to enjoy our heated lagoon pool, restaurants and bar. Our Housekeeping team will be very happy about your compliments about how spotless the apartment was – cleanliness is a massive focus for us. I am fortunate to have a great Housekeeping team.

Your feedback about our shuttle bus times has been noted. For the benefit of others, we are 2km from Main Beach/Hastings Street (25 minute walk) or 10 minute walk to Noosa Junction (shops, supermarkets, movies etc..) We provide a free 21 seater shuttle bus service to both of these locations every 2 hours off peak and every hour during peak periods.

I appreciated your recommendation to friends and hope you get the opportunity to return one day for another visit.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our week's stay at the resort started well with check in being pleasant and easy. The pool, dining and lounge area are all quite good. We took a one bedroom sanctuary apartment which included a living room, balcony and kitchenette. While the apartment was mostly great we had a badly stained, distorted and extremely uncomfortable couch as the only seating in the living area. This was a shocker at the end of an active day and colours our memory of the resort. Check out was a shock as we found ourselves being charged for a bar meal and several drinks supposedly consumed while we were out touring away from Noosa and dining at a restaurant with friends. No apology was forthcoming either! And I might add no signature on the charges. This was all a great shame as most of the staff would have to be this places best asset.

Room Tip: Best if you are hiring a car. Poolside pizza bar is very good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C0GG0
Dear C0GG0,

Thanks for your review. Whilst I was happy that your stay with us was “mostly great” I was disappointed it was not “all great”. We had already attended to the couch immediately after you had checked out (as I received your internal feedback form). I do apologise for the mix up on your final bill. I have investigated and found that another guest had signed off their food & drinks to their ‘room 94’. This was read incorrectly as room ‘54’ (the ‘9’ looked like a ‘5’) which was your apartment. This ‘typo’ should have been picked up by other processes we have in place but was missed – I again apologise and reassure you this is very rare.

I thank you for referring to our staff as “our greatest asset” and hope you consider us again next time you visit Noosa.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while attending a friends wedding in Noosa. The accomodation was good - RACV rooms are always good quality if somewhat bland. You could be anywhere in the world - they rooms are instantly forgettable. That said the service was excellent but not enough to off set the location. Too far from Hastings Street to walk so we needed cabs every time we left. The complimentary bus shuttle only leaves every 2 hours and I'm not that organised. My fault I know, I'll check next time.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alex H
Dear rosegarden66,

Thanks for your review and hope you had a nice time at the wedding. It was great that you found the apartment good quality and the service excellent.

For the benefit of others I thought I would provide some information about our location. We are 2km from Main Beach/Hastings Street (25 minute walk) or 10 minute walk to Noosa Junction (shops, supermarkets, movies etc.) We provide a free 21 seater shuttle bus service to both of these locations every 2 hours off peak and every hour during peak periods. Many guests enjoy the convenience our shuttle – no hassles with parking and driving if you have had a few drinks over lunch. Cabs are readily available if you miss the shuttle bus and cost around $10 from Main Beach to the resort. Many guests have commented on this forum that they select RACV Noosa Resort because it is new and away from the hustle and bustle of Hastings Street.

Thanks again rosegarden66 and I hope you get the opportunity to return again to experience some more of the beautiful Noosa.