“Not quite a 4 star.”
Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The location is ok and there is a regular shuttle to town but the staff are inexperienced and lack true customer service skills.

The room was ok but the sinks were somewhat blocked and the couches looked like something purchased from a 1980's disco auction; came complete with the stains....

The snack menu is ok for the price. The burgers, fish and chips and calamari were decent and well priced. Unfortunately, the pizza base was off the shelf (I was told it was all about consistency) and so was the (canned) tomato paste... One has to wonder, what was the point in cooking it in a wood fired oven?

Room Tip: Ask for something near the pool if you have children, Some of the rooms are a long walk to get there...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear placematadam,

Thanks for your review. I was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am an 80's child myself and although I respect your opinion I can not relate to your reference of our 80's style couch - I actually think they are very modern (only 2 years old) like all of our decor and fittings. Thanks for your feedback about our wood-fired pizzas - my favorite is our Cajun Chicken pizza - Yum!

Although I was disappointed with your rating the only positive I take out of it is out of the 9 reviews completed you had only scored 1 review higher than 3 dots.

Thanks again for your feedback as it helps us continue to improve what we do each and every day.

RACV Noosa Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This place is incredible!!!! The rooms are brand new and modern. Bedding/linen is 5 star. Way more than we ever expected, especially for the price!!! The pool is big, but there are a lot of little kids....and they could probably use more lounge chairs and an area for adults only. Otherwise, our place 3/2 with spa was great!!!! Restaurant was fantastic!! I can't say enough great things about it. Would definitely stay there every time!!!

Room Tip: Get a roof top spa. Fantastic!!!!
1  Thank jennifer s

Dear jennifer s,

Thanks for your review and I am delighted that you found the resort incredible and had such a great time. Good news too - another 40 pool lounges to add to the 90+ we already have will be arriving in a couple of weeks.

It is great you plan to stay with us again. All the best.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I'd love to keep this place a secret, but that's impossible. It was our first family holiday with my 1 year old, we stayed in a standard room for a week and set up the portacot in the front lounge room. We stayed on the bottom floor and were lucky to be near a huge pond so our back porch lead out to beautiful green grass my 1yro loved chasing the ducks and birds. With RACV members rates, you can't go past it. Just being picky now and faulting the pillows.

DearHoneymoon4Infinity,

Thanks for your review and very kind words. I have some good updates for you:

1. Our 2nd heated pool, with water splash park, playground and shallow toddlers pool is now open which will be perfect for your one year old.
2. Our new feather pillows have just arrived. This means on every King Bed we have 4 pillows, 2 feather and 2 micro fibre pillows providing plenty of variation and choice.

We hope to welcome you again to the resort.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed over Christmas, sure we understand it is the busiest time of the year, however the pool is way too small for the number guests staying at the resort. The resort is huge and one pool cannot cater to all these people, there were teenagers everywhere, running, splashing, diving and the screaming. We were on the sun lounges enjoying a few cocktails and had kids jumping over the ends of our sun lounges, no parents in sight and no staff asking them to behave, this went on for every day of our stay, there is a kids pool now, however the kids and teens preferred to be in the main pool. The one bed apartment we had was just ok, furnished on the cheap, the couch and chairs uncomfortable. If you want relaxation around the pool, this is not the place for you. On a brighter side, the food is out of this world, we had the Christmas Buffet and it is possibly one of the best Christmas Spreads I have ever seen, just amazing, we had other meals in the restaurant too and every one was perfect. The restaurant staff were great too. Overall we were disappointed with our stay, there were many factors involved in this summary, parking shortage (parking a long way from our unit), needs to be another pool area, no spa, shortage of furniture around pool, the pool furniture was fully occupied by children and teens most of the time. Pool Rules not adhered too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Sneeky76,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant ('Arcuri') and in particular the Christmas buffet. Our Chef and food & beverage team went to a lot of effort planning for Christmas day and they will appreciate your compliments - thank you.

I was disappointed that some other aspects of your stay let you down. We are waiting for another 40 pool lounges to arrive any day which will increase seating around the pool and I am pleased to announce we will be installing a massive new hot tub spa in our pool area in late February 2014. I have also increased monitoring of the pool area to ensure pool rules are adhered to. Whilst I respect your feedback about the couch, I can assure you it is not cheap – the couches are ‘James Moran’ couches and are of the highest quality.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We had a total of 4 of us stay from 31 dec - 2 jan.
we wanted somewhere comfortable and low key for New Years.
We booked a 2 bed apartment but got upgraded to a 3.
Reception were fabulous with check in and throughout our stay.
Food and drinks around the bar was affordable, not outrageously expensive.
Lots of kids around, so very family friendly.

Our apartment was great. All the mod cons. Great modern kitchen - love the fridge.
Master bedroom has a shower and separate jet bath tub. Loved the bath, had one each night to relax.

Other bedrooms were good size and comfortable.

On top of the apartment was a rooftop you could access. Not much of a view but great if you want to get some sun in.

Our apartment had a plunge pool at the back. Great to just have a quick dip to cool down.

Apartment 4 levels:
Basement for 2 cars (drive way was a bit of a poor design and a challenge!!)
1st level - dining, kitchen, outdoor dining, 2 entertainment areas, plunge pool
2nd level - bed rooms
Rooftop

For dinner on the first night we ordered take out from Thai Square. Great food - affordable also.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sologee

Dear sologee,

Thanks for your review and I am pleased your family had a great stay. Thai Square is also my 'go to' place when I order Thai - I also support your recommendation.

We hope to welcome you again some time on your next Noosa visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife, son, and three friends all booked a 3 bedroom Villa Precinct for 5 nights over NYE. The apartment was easily one of the best I have ever stayed in - completely modern, from the premium appliances to the great (aside from the lounge couch) furniture. The bedrooms were all large, with two of them featuring private balconies. Both the ensuite and main bathrooms were also large, and there was a great 3rd bathroom downstairs for guests.

The "Media Room" was a great addition for my son to chill out while the adults watched TV in the main lounge area. The rooftop jacuzzi was also really relaxing, especially at night, when you had a great view of the whole resort and the surrounding treeline. Can't praise it enough, worth every dollar.

The resort facilities were all top notch - amazing pools with water slides, bar service and lots of chairs and shade space. The staff were brilliant - we had a small ant problem and this was apologized for and taken care of immediately with a smile. Every phone call or face to face was bright and happy and no request was too hard. Room service was reasonably priced and very quick.

Hastings Street is only an (hourly) shuttle away and a ton of shops at Noosa Junction was only 5 minutes walk. This is my new go-to resort in Noosa and the new bastion on what service in Australia in 2013 should be based on.

Room Tip: The Villas seemed to be the only rooms with guaranteed parking spots, although there is a lot of par...
1  Thank arameda
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear syvergy,

Thank you for your review. You made many kind comments that are genuinely appreciated by all staff. My team work extremely hard to make sure everyone has a great time when they stay with us and it is just awesome your family and friends had such a nice time to celebrate the New Year.
We look forward to your next visit and wish you all the happiness and best of health in 2014.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 days over the Christmas break. We thought that the distance from Hastings Street wouldn't matter as the resort offered a regular shuttle service to the beach. Relying on a bus service took the spontaneity away from our break and RACV didn't offer the choice that Hastings St. offers. The restaurant didn't offer any wow factor as you like to have on holidays.
We also found the parking to be quite a joke, unless you were staying in a villa which provided your own parking. One bedroom apartments offered first in first serve and so we had to park a reasonable distance from our apartment. Lucky it wasn't raining!
The apartments are very bland and the scuff marks on the walls made it look even dowdier.
However the staff were just lovely, but it won't be enough to entice us back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kathy255068

Dear kathy255068,

Thank you for your review and I am naturally disappointed with your feedback and your rating.

The majority of your comments were to do with our location. I agree, Hastings Street is fantastic. Some like to stay on it and others prefer to stay away from the hustle and bustle. I woud also like to apologise for the scuff marks on the walls you experienced. Cleanliness is the number 1 priority for us and I have discussed with my Housekeeping Manager.

For the benefit of others, there are enough car parking spaces to cater for all in-house guests at the resort. We have 2 undercover, secure areas to park cars at the resort that are typically not fully utilised. We also have car spaces close to apartments. We have increased internal resort signage to encourage greater use of the underground car parks.

Thanks for your compliments of our friendly staff and I wish you both well in the future.