“Great Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Great Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Just spent 5 days here and we loved it. Great rooms and facilities as well as lovely staff. Plenty of kids around but it's a family friendly place. Girlfriend loved the day spa. It's a bit of a walk to the main beach but there is frequent and free transport that makes it easy if you're not feeling energetic.

Highly recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Chris E,

Thanks for your feedback and it’s great you loved your stay and your girlfriend enjoyed our Day Spa.

We hope you get the chance to visit again.

RACV Noosa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Kos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family and i stayed at this wonderful hotel and because i am also in the tourist industry my self back in greece i have to say one think wowwwww .The facilities at the hotel are brilliant but this you can get it any where you go but what you can't get is good staff,so this hotel has the best hotel staff i ever met and i am saying this because they will do anything to help you any time it doesn't mater if they busy they will do the best for you so my next visit to AUSTRALIA and trust me it will be soon i will book again this hotel for my families holidays.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Elias2007,

Thank you for a wonderful review. It is very flattering for my team to receive such great recognition - I am very proud of them and genuinely appreciate the time you have taken to pass on your positive comments.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next Australian visit - until then, I wish you all the best of health and happiness in 2014.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The location is ok and there is a regular shuttle to town but the staff are inexperienced and lack true customer service skills.

The room was ok but the sinks were somewhat blocked and the couches looked like something purchased from a 1980's disco auction; came complete with the stains....

The snack menu is ok for the price. The burgers, fish and chips and calamari were decent and well priced. Unfortunately, the pizza base was off the shelf (I was told it was all about consistency) and so was the (canned) tomato paste... One has to wonder, what was the point in cooking it in a wood fired oven?

Room Tip: Ask for something near the pool if you have children, Some of the rooms are a long walk to get there...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear placematadam,

Thanks for your review. I was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am an 80's child myself and although I respect your opinion I can not relate to your reference of our 80's style couch - I actually think they are very modern (only 2 years old) like all of our decor and fittings. Thanks for your feedback about our wood-fired pizzas - my favorite is our Cajun Chicken pizza - Yum!

Although I was disappointed with your rating the only positive I take out of it is out of the 9 reviews completed you had only scored 1 review higher than 3 dots.

Thanks again for your feedback as it helps us continue to improve what we do each and every day.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This place is incredible!!!! The rooms are brand new and modern. Bedding/linen is 5 star. Way more than we ever expected, especially for the price!!! The pool is big, but there are a lot of little kids....and they could probably use more lounge chairs and an area for adults only. Otherwise, our place 3/2 with spa was great!!!! Restaurant was fantastic!! I can't say enough great things about it. Would definitely stay there every time!!!

Room Tip: Get a roof top spa. Fantastic!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jennifer s
Dear jennifer s,

Thanks for your review and I am delighted that you found the resort incredible and had such a great time. Good news too - another 40 pool lounges to add to the 90+ we already have will be arriving in a couple of weeks.

It is great you plan to stay with us again. All the best.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I'd love to keep this place a secret, but that's impossible. It was our first family holiday with my 1 year old, we stayed in a standard room for a week and set up the portacot in the front lounge room. We stayed on the bottom floor and were lucky to be near a huge pond so our back porch lead out to beautiful green grass my 1yro loved chasing the ducks and birds. With RACV members rates, you can't go past it. Just being picky now and faulting the pillows.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
DearHoneymoon4Infinity,

Thanks for your review and very kind words. I have some good updates for you:

1. Our 2nd heated pool, with water splash park, playground and shallow toddlers pool is now open which will be perfect for your one year old.
2. Our new feather pillows have just arrived. This means on every King Bed we have 4 pillows, 2 feather and 2 micro fibre pillows providing plenty of variation and choice.

We hope to welcome you again to the resort.

Sunshine Coast, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed over Christmas, sure we understand it is the busiest time of the year, however the pool is way too small for the number guests staying at the resort. The resort is huge and one pool cannot cater to all these people, there were teenagers everywhere, running, splashing, diving and the screaming. We were on the sun lounges enjoying a few cocktails and had kids jumping over the ends of our sun lounges, no parents in sight and no staff asking them to behave, this went on for every day of our stay, there is a kids pool now, however the kids and teens preferred to be in the main pool. The one bed apartment we had was just ok, furnished on the cheap, the couch and chairs uncomfortable. If you want relaxation around the pool, this is not the place for you. On a brighter side, the food is out of this world, we had the Christmas Buffet and it is possibly one of the best Christmas Spreads I have ever seen, just amazing, we had other meals in the restaurant too and every one was perfect. The restaurant staff were great too. Overall we were disappointed with our stay, there were many factors involved in this summary, parking shortage (parking a long way from our unit), needs to be another pool area, no spa, shortage of furniture around pool, the pool furniture was fully occupied by children and teens most of the time. Pool Rules not adhered too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sneeky76,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant ('Arcuri') and in particular the Christmas buffet. Our Chef and food & beverage team went to a lot of effort planning for Christmas day and they will appreciate your compliments - thank you.

I was disappointed that some other aspects of your stay let you down. We are waiting for another 40 pool lounges to arrive any day which will increase seating around the pool and I am pleased to announce we will be installing a massive new hot tub spa in our pool area in late February 2014. I have also increased monitoring of the pool area to ensure pool rules are adhered to. Whilst I respect your feedback about the couch, I can assure you it is not cheap – the couches are ‘James Moran’ couches and are of the highest quality.

Thanks again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We had a total of 4 of us stay from 31 dec - 2 jan.
we wanted somewhere comfortable and low key for New Years.
We booked a 2 bed apartment but got upgraded to a 3.
Reception were fabulous with check in and throughout our stay.
Food and drinks around the bar was affordable, not outrageously expensive.
Lots of kids around, so very family friendly.

Our apartment was great. All the mod cons. Great modern kitchen - love the fridge.
Master bedroom has a shower and separate jet bath tub. Loved the bath, had one each night to relax.

Other bedrooms were good size and comfortable.

On top of the apartment was a rooftop you could access. Not much of a view but great if you want to get some sun in.

Our apartment had a plunge pool at the back. Great to just have a quick dip to cool down.

Apartment 4 levels:
Basement for 2 cars (drive way was a bit of a poor design and a challenge!!)
1st level - dining, kitchen, outdoor dining, 2 entertainment areas, plunge pool
2nd level - bed rooms
Rooftop

For dinner on the first night we ordered take out from Thai Square. Great food - affordable also.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sologee
Dear sologee,

Thanks for your review and I am pleased your family had a great stay. Thai Square is also my 'go to' place when I order Thai - I also support your recommendation.

We hope to welcome you again some time on your next Noosa visit.