“A Good Stay”
Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“A Good Stay”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very happy with my stay at the RACV Resort at Noosa. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the apartment. Glass sliders out to a patio area from the bedroom keep that area light and bright. The lounge was smaller and a bit dark so I didn't spend a lot of time there. TV in both loungeroom and bedroom. The bed was particularly comfortable and I admit to having daydreams about being in it while I was taking part in the half-marathon that was my reason for being in Noosa! Big bathroom with large shower.
The resort is very well maintained - everything looks clean and well organised.
The food was great in both the bar and the restaurant. Service got a bit slow at times in the bar with only one person getting drinks and taking payment. Would be better to have two bar staff actually serving customers at busier times.
Breakfast buffet was really enjoyable - thanks for the hazelnuts to go with my bircher muesli :) Sadly they had those horrible 'squat' cups that all hotels seem to have - no doubt they're sturdy and easy to store but they're horribly thick and don't do a cup of tea any justice.
Staff were all excellent and seem to enjoy working at the resort.
Pool area well maintained and when we stayed (end April 2014) there was no problem getting a lounger - lots of space for everyone. There's a little 'beach' area for children to play in.
The resort was completely full when we stayed but not once did I feel overwhelmed with people or noise. There were lots of families there and I do think it would be a great place for a family stay - there's a kid's club and I overheard a glowing review about that from small people while at the pool!
All in all, a really enjoyable place to be and I would stay again if I was in Noosa. Wifi in my room was average but not the worst I've experienced - seemed to be better on my laptop than phone.
The one thing to be aware of for people not so mobile is that a walk into the foreshore or Noosa Junction involves hilly spots so you need to be reasonably fit and active to consider it. However, a shuttle bus runs to town on the hour so another option is available.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Megan A
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Megan A,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodation, pool facilities and food and beverage outlets. Congratulations on completing the half marathon - an incredible effort! The Noosa Ultimate Sports Fest is a great event and includes swimming, cycling and a range of running options. We enjoyed having so many motivated athletes stay with us that weekend.

I hope to welcome you again next year should you decide to return to complete another 21 km.

RACV Noosa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I recently travelled to the RACV for my birthday staying in a three bedroom villa. We were all blown away with the villa, it was huge and beautifully decorated. The beds and rooftop spa were real highlights. We also dines at the Acuri restaurant on my birthday and I couldn't praise our waiter highly enough. It is set apart from Hastings Street but it is walkable. Will definitely be back

• Stayed April 2014
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear kahliamb,

Happy birthday! Thank you for selecting RACV Noosa Resort to celebrate your special occasion. It is great you enjoyed your 3 bedroom Villa and also had a lovely time in our on-site a la carte restaurant Arcuri.

We look forward to welcome you again – maybe on your next birthday!

Darren McClenagahn
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in a 3 bed precinct villa and felt like royalty. the roof top spa was a highlight and the proximity to the pool and bar was fabulous. this is the second time we have stayed here, last time in a 2 bed sanctuary apartment and both units were amazing. We cannot fault this resort, it is well priced, just far enough away from the crowds of Hasting Street and the regular bus service from the resort means you don't even need a car.

we will be back next year same time!

Room Tip: precinct villas have either a roof top spa or plunge pool, we chose the spa and it was amazing. the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jessica H,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted you had a wonderful stay in our 3 bedroom Villa. The rooftop Spa is very nice. I used to live in a Villa with my family and my favorite part of the day was when I had a chance to relax with a drink in the Spa in the evening around sunset.

We appreciate this was your second visit with us and pleased you plan to come again next year.

Melbourne
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My Partner and I booked a two bedroom apartment for us and our 2 year old. We were overwhelmed from the moment we arrived at our property. the apparent was perfect, clean, large and felt like a home away from home. We had two balcony areas that made for a great play space for our little one.
Our 2 year old slept in a port-a-cot in the second bedroom and we were more than impressed by the block out blinds and heavy doors that made sleep time a breeze.

The resort itself was more than we had imagined. The pool area was under renovation during our stay but it didn't inconvenience us in the slightest, having a large area of the pool still accessible with a sandy beach style entry which was a lot of fun.

We ate breakfast at the restaurant every morning which was very enjoyable and had a great variety for us and our little one.

Noosa is a beautiful place and very family friendly, we cant wait to go back this year.

Room Tip: If you're an RACV member you will get a substancial discount and upgrade- well worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmberPride
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear AmberPride,

Thanks for your review. I was pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay in December. Since your stay, the 2nd heated pool, water slides, water splash park, playground and outdoor heated spa have all been completed. It is great that you plan to return later this year as you will be able to get to experience our new facilities.

Thanks again.

Baulkham Hills, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had an awesome stay here over Easter. Two adults and three children. Noosa Resort accommodates both adults and children. The staff were impeccable with their dedication to please. We are already planning our stay there next year. Rate it very highly!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Grant E,

Thank you for your review and I am really pleased your family had an awesome stay.

Our team appreciate your recognition of their service and we all look forward to welcome you again next year.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Not a good place for a romantic getaway. Would be a great place for people who have children and plan on making more but not really good for couples. The staff were friendly. We did go in a peak time but felt let down by the overall experience. There is no bath or spa in the room unless you get a 3 bedroom for multiple days. I don't mind the odd smoke when I drink but to have one I would have had to have walked off the property and stood with the mail boxes - it is a no smoking property. The design of the room are more for families and maybe business visitors. The view from room 6a was onto the wetland - which was very nice - but was also of the neighbours and you could hear everything they were saying. The pool area is designed and filled with children. As a couple we felt like the place catered for children not for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CathyE70
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear CathyE70,

Thanks for your review. I was pleased you enjoyed our service but was disappointed we fell short of your expectations. You stayed with us during Easter school holidays - one the peak times for families for nearly any resort in the country. If you are keen on a break with minimal families around I would recommend you stay with us (or any resort) outside of school holidays as your experience would be very different. With our 6 treatment room Day Spa, outdoor heated spa and lagoon pool, 5 star a la carte restaurant, delicious buffet breakfast, flood lit tennis court and peaceful surrounds; we are beautifully positioned for couples wanting a break away.

I wish you all the very best in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had an amazing stay at RACV Noosa in February!
I could not fault any part of the resort, the staff or the management. The staff were there for anything and everything we needed.
We had a wonderfully clean 2 bedroom apartment which was perfect for us. The facilities were fantastic with special mention to the pool area with spa, large heated pool with beach and kids pool with water slides and splash play area. We can't wait to bring the kids back in October this year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Michelle, thanks for your review.

I was delighted that you had such a nice couples break away with us. We work tremendously hard to make sure everyone has a great experience and your recognition is appreciated.

We look forward to welcome you again when you bring the kids back with you during the October holidays.